The men we hold accountable

Guest Barrack Road

Guest Barrack Road

Put in order least likeable to most likeable who you dislike and like the most of these 10 guys who many hold something against with regards to NUFC over the last 15 years.

For me:

1 Douglas Hall

2 Graeme Souness

3 Derek Llambias

4 Michael Owen

5 Mike Ashley

6 Dennis Wise

7 Sir John Hall

8 Ruud Gullit

9 Freddie Fletcher

10 Freddy Shepherd

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Derek Llambias

2 Dennis Wise

3 Douglas Hall

4 Graeme Souness

5 Mike Ashley

6 Freddy Shepherd

7 Sir John Hall

8 Ruud Gullit

9 Michael Owen

10 Freddie Fletcher

Guest Barrack Road
I don't have any respect for Owen but 4 is a bit high like. Especially when Ashley is no. 5 :angry:

Do you think so? A spoilt brat who's miserable demeanour and dismissive attitude epitomised our demise and shrinking stature and self esteem. I considered putting him higher.

I don't have any respect for Owen but 4 is a bit high like. Especially when Ashley is no. 5 :D

Do you think so? A spoilt brat who's miserable demeanour and dismissive attitude epitomised our demise and shrinking stature and self esteem. I considered putting him higher.

No worse than Martins and Barton though and that's just off the top of my head. Although I suppose they at least had better PR. I'd probably go:

Ashley (because it's ultimately down to him who was appointed), Wise (because he was the main problem in the Keegan debacle, or so I heard :angry: ) and Llambias in that order. Probably much of a muchness after that.

If it's just a question of who is the most dislikeable I think it has to be Llambias (i find it very hard to think of a more instantly dislikeable man, you just have to look at him to know) but in terms of who's done the most damage to the club I'd say it's a toss up between Ashley and Souness.

Edited by TicTacWoe

1 Derek Llambias

2 Dennis Wise

3 Douglas Hall

4 Graeme Souness

5 Mike Ashley

6 Freddy Shepherd

7 Sir John Hall

8 Ruud Gullit

9 Michael Owen

10 Freddie Fletcher

Better, although I'd have Ashley and Sourmess swap places.

**Good thread.

Edited by Park Life

1. Mike Ashley - Buck stops at him

2. Dennis Wise - I think he had Mikes ear and was Mikes footballing brain imo

3. Derek Llambias - All things I hate about the club right now, him and him smug fucking face

4. Douglas Hall - Leech

5. Graeme Souness - Though some blame could go to who appointed him. When we needed the squad tapped with a stick, he comes in with a big fuck off hammer.

Im not sure Id have Douggy up there in the top 5.

As much as I think hes taken money for nothing and been an embaressment and as much as I dislike him as a person, this is still the man who is credited with the actual decision to employ Keegan. That for me bungs his standing up considerably.

Guest Barrack Road

As much as I think hes taken money for nothing and been an embaressment and as much as I dislike him as a person, this is still the man who is credited with the actual decision to employ Keegan. That for me bungs his standing up considerably.

....and also the man Robson ultimately blamed for his sacking. FFS was in the firing line, I like FFS, he tried his best it was shite, but he done a good job till 2004, Douglas Hall was the original root of all evils in that club in my view. FFS is like your best pal trying to run a big football club, you like him but oh dear, Douglas Hall different kettle of fish, a multimillionaire many times over taking obscene wages and dividends out of the club while basically doing fuck all. Read SBR's take on him in his book, the bloke is scum.

....and also the man Robson ultimately blamed for his sacking. FFS was in the firing line, I like FFS, he tried his best it was shite, but he done a good job till 2004, Douglas Hall was the original root of all evils in that club in my view. FFS is like your best pal trying to run a big football club, you like him but oh dear, Douglas Hall different kettle of fish, a multimillionaire many times over taking obscene wages and dividends out of the club while basically doing fuck all. Read SBR's take on him in his book, the bloke is scum.

Im not disputing any of that, I think hes always been a leech and general scum but in who we hold responsible for our lowly place in football then I dont think hes in the top 5. What would have happened if he hadnt pushed for KK? We'll never know but Im guessing it wouldnt have resulted in the dream years we had. By that logic we may never have ended up with Robson at all and therefore he couldnt have treat him the way he did. His treatment of SBR was despicable but like I say his one "good action" overall raises his position (for me).

Guest Barrack Road

Im not disputing any of that, I think hes always been a leech and general scum but in who we hold responsible for our lowly place in football then I dont think hes in the top 5. What would have happened if he hadnt pushed for KK? We'll never know but Im guessing it wouldnt have resulted in the dream years we had. By that logic we may never have ended up with Robson at all and therefore he couldnt have treat him the way he did. His treatment of SBR was despicable but like I say his one "good action" overall raises his position (for me).

Well Ashley appointed Keegan too that was a good action.

I often think that in many ways FFS was an ok, slighty irritating bloke who really had the major decisions at the club out of his hands but was the face for them.

KK appointment was a masterstroke.

Replacing KK with KD? Not so. The difference in styles was so vast that where KK's team was on the brink, it was changed so much by KD that it was unrecognisable. Slowly but surely all KKs work was undone. But, I dont blame KD for that or FFS. I think that choice was likely between SJH and maybe DH. Same again bringing in GS and most of all as has been said getting rid of SBR when they did and how they did.

Bollocks! He was in favour of it, yes but the idea was Fletcher's.

Aye, Fletcher is said to be behind many of the major positive decisions around then. Twat of a bloke who deserves a hell of a lot of credit for our change around.

Aye, Fletcher is said to be behind many of the major positive decisions around then. Twat of a bloke who deserves a hell of a lot of credit for our change around.

He sorted Rangers out a treat in the late 80s by basically being a complete arsehole. SJH saw his value and got him on board - without a doubt IMO SJH's best action of all related to NUFC.

Guest Barrack Road

I met Fletcher a few times, he did a magnificent job for the club, I don't use this word lightly in terms of this man, but in summing up his attitude towards me he was a fuckin ignorant cunt.

Guest Barrack Road

He sorted Rangers out a treat in the late 80s by basically being a complete arsehole. SJH saw his value and got him on board - without a doubt IMO SJH's best action of all related to NUFC.

Aye I remembering saying Newcastle will be double the commercial size of Rangers in 10 years, and he was proved right, from 1992 to 1996 he increased our turnoevr from £4m to £40m.

I met Fletcher a few times, he did a magnificent job for the club, I don't use this word lightly in terms of this man, but in summing up his attitude towards me he was a fuckin ignorant cunt.

speaks highly of you mind.

Guest Barrack Road

speaks highly of you mind.

:angry: Was twice in the summer of 1995 I met him, just a kid really, both times I asked him who we were signing, both times he gave me the evil eye, so I piped down.

Aye I remembering saying Newcastle will be double the commercial size of Rangers in 10 years, and he was proved right, from 1992 to 1996 he increased our turnoevr from £4m to £40m.

It makes me laugh when people say Ashley is so much of a better businessman than FFS. FFS made a fortune and transformed the turnover, Ashley lost a fortune and fucked the turnover

Guest Barrack Road

It makes me laugh when people say Ashley is so much of a better businessman than FFS. FFS made a fortune and transformed the turnover, Ashley lost a fortune and fucked the turnover

I remember 2000 to 2004 all you ever heard off people was "Freddy is a good businessman". Too many clueless fuckers with short memories.