The men we hold accountable

Guest Barrack Road

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His sister works or worked at least in Eldon Leisure. She's his double. I saw Sammy Ameobi on the Metro the other day as well. He's the spit of Shola as well.

He's just Shola wearing me grannies wig

1 Souness ripped the team appart in an undignified way.

2 Fred (04-07) sacked SBR and hired Souness.

3 Fat Sam losing ugly, cheers

4 Mort good with the press, but ultimately allowed the wage bill to spiral.

5 Llabias called Keegans bluff despite his history, very naive and let Given go without lining up a swap.

6 Ashley took a gamble on relegation by not spending and rather than saying he'd correct it he put the club up for sale.

7 Shola I can't stand lazy players and strola is as lazy as they come. Although everytime he comes on I do get sarcastically say "here comes cavalry"

So lets get this right, the bloke who gave us SBR and ran us while we were in the Champions league is 4 places ahead of the bloke who has sytematically ripped the club apart, made us a laughing stock, lied to the fans, press and managers sold some of our best players then had us relegated while making profits in the transfer windows.

At the same time the chairman who presided over us during the slightly better part of Ashleys reign and brought in dealings with the fans etc is more at fault than the current greasy worm who wouldnt know how to deal with fans if he had to.

Oh and a manager who was here years ago and just happened to be shite is the worst of all?

Im guessing you wrote all those names down on bits of paper and threw them in the air to make that list, either that or you mis read it as a "worst tache" competition. :angry:

I've added an extra line in bold above for you.... are you going to grace the thread with your order?

As for the laughable attempt to say Fred should get praise for giving us SBR, it wasn't exactly rocket science hiring him was it? Now if he wasn't from the North East with a affinty for the club and a long successful carrer behind him maybe it would deserve praise.

The order is largely because I don't think getting relegated was as bad as sacking SBR and bringing in Souness. You speak about the player being sold etc, but i didn't like any of them, they were either over rated, over paid, injury prone or French.

Yeah I am, once Ive spent some time thinking about it properly not just using some random order, all your justifications above are valid reasons for having people on the list and tbf I hold most of those above as accountable in some shape or form but haway man get your ordering sorted.

Yes Souness dismantled a good squad but he did it because he felt he could create a better one, its evey managers right to change things round, some squads can be fantastic under one manager but try and fit them into anothers style of play and they're shite. Thats not defending the bloke btw but hes not the reason we're here in the position we are now.

Yes, Fred sacked SBR and hired Souness but he also did numerous other things for this club, without the whole Freddy debate raging again, you have to take into account everything and the best years we had were when Fred was involved. Your logic though that he should get no praise for hiring a great manager but all the stick for firing him is a bit rich.

Fat Sam lost games, yes and it was ugly football but again hes not the reason we went down, Hughton and Shearer both lost games too, games which contributed to a relegation season, are they therefore not more to blame than Sammy boy?

As for Mort ultimately allowing the wage bill to spiral, thats laughable, he did his stuff under an owner who at the time appeared not to have a problem with it, there was no debt to banks so its not like we were going to be paying out millions on interest. At the time he wasnt to know fat boy would lose some cash playing daft twats on the markets and try to claw it back from us. Mort was screwed over by Ashley nearly as much as we were. Even if he was Ashleys puppet, at least he had respect for the fans.

Is that why he brought in the system that ultimately made Keegan quit?

I'd throw Dalglish in there too. Ruined Keegan's team.

Dalglish made some major mistakes but he also signed Given, Speed, Hamman and Solano (as well as some complete disasters) but considering how much these players contributed to the team for many years (apart from Hamman) I wouldn't put Dalgish in there as he did a lot of good for the club. He was also unlucky with Shearer's injury in his first full season with us.

Edited by TicTacWoe

I'd throw Dalglish in there too. Ruined Keegan's team.

Dalglish made some major mistakes but he also signed Given, Speed, Hamman and Solano (as well as some complete disasters) but considering how much these players contributed to the team for many years (apart from Hamman) I wouldn't put Dalgish in there as he did a lot of good for the club. He was also unlucky with Shearer's injury in his first full season with us.

I've gone over this in the past, but anyone who thought Dalglish - a man who as a manager had won 4 league titles, was going to come into NUFC and not completely change the team of a man who, lets face it, hadn't won a league title was frankly very naive.

On top of that, Dalglish came to the club when it was in a massive period of change - no longer in private ownership and with a massive loan over our heads (for the Shearer purchase) which the bank was insisting needed to be repaid, Dalglish found that he was losing players on account of what the club could get for them.

The likes of Ferdinand, Clark, Elliott, Ginola & Asprilla all went because we got decent bids for them and Kenny was powerless to stop it. On top of that he lost Shearer ultimately for half the time he spent managing the club yet he still managed to finish 2nd in 1997 and got us to the Cup Final 12 months later.

From what I'd heard had Keegan remained as manager he'd have equally had no control over these players leaving and I'm led to believe it was a big factor in his decision to go.

Dalglish shouldn't have ripped the heart out of the side, he should have tinkered til he had his team. Especially given the turmoil at the club already.

I'm not surprised you have sympathy for one of Liverpool's adopted sons though Craig :lol: