Danny B you can come back now

Guest Barrack Road

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good Danny's back.

I've missed those 30 page "who's the bigger club" threads :unsure:

maybe this time he'll tell us how delusional we all are for expecting Champions League place straight after we've come back, and how ridiculous we all are for wanting Keegan back...

or maybe he'll have a clue?

nah, it'll be the shit stuff again, won't it :razz:

FoD

Guest Gordon McKeag
We also have a fantatic fanbase, some may argue more fantatic.

Anyway it's not so bad hearing from Spurs fans when they are actually good and not so full of shit.

Will probs come down for the away match.

I agree your support was brilliant this year. Although I always said if it was a one season thing and ytou was doing well you would be. The test would have been if you had stayed in the championship for a bit.

Do we like Chris yet or not?

Shut up ya daft cunt . There's no one in the English game would've averaged 44,000 in the circumstances and you know it you just can't admit it as it would place us above you in one aspect of the club which is obvious anyway, the circumstances weren't just relegation. We lost early doors at places like Blackpool and Scunthorpe added to some very mediocre early home games, and the crowds just got bigger and bigger.

It's gonna feel like Leyton Orient in the Premiership you being in the Champions League some might say it cheapens the competition, but there has to be a degree of admiration as to how you ended the season.

Spurs have spent a fortune recently so they haven't been shopping at Lidl for a while...

Bang on Tom, shrewd ownership, low net spend and a fantatic fan base has allowed us to spend.

but as man city have shown, big spends dont guarantee success. However I fear they are going to get it together this season.

Low net spend? Sure, you don't lob the sort of money that Man City do, but Spurs have always had plenty of cash, and have spent a great deal over the years. £17m for Bentley, who barely gets a game, however much Pavlechenko cost etc. It's only the season just gone that it has actually had any real effect. Trust me, if you want bean counting, Ewood Park is the place to go.

Oh good Danny's back.

I've missed those 30 page "who's the bigger club" threads :unsure:

maybe this time he'll tell us how delusional we all are for expecting Champions League place straight after we've come back, and how ridiculous we all are for wanting Keegan back...

or maybe he'll have a clue?

nah, it'll be the shit stuff again, won't it :razz:

FoD

Alright fish, hows it going? You got a job yet or are you still waiting for the stand up career to take off?

It's gonna feel like Leyton Orient in the Premiership you being in the Champions League some might say it cheapens the competition, but there has to be a degree of admiration as to how you ended the season.

It will certainly be interesting to see how we get on. We have been disappointing in Europe of late but there is some right trash in the group stages of the CL so we might get out. Just want one big night away at one of the big boys.

Guest Gordon McKeag

It will certainly be interesting to see how we get on. We have been disappointing in Europe of late but there is some right trash in the group stages of the CL so we might get out. Just want one big night away at one of the big boys.

Get out??? It pains me to say it but you should be aiming for the Quarter Finals at least the money you've spent.

Get out??? It pains me to say it but you should be aiming for the Quarter Finals at least the money you've spent.

Spending money (especially when you are selling your best players to fund it) is not always going to mean success Stevie as you well know.

Quarter finals would be good but getting out of the group (if we make it) would be an achievement.

WAHEY!

Welcome back Danny. Since Fop spat his dummy out and took his dumbells home we've not had any twats with staying power.

Which world cup superstars you been signing to push for that champions league trophy?

Fops gone?? Shame, he was persistant.....like thrush. (apparently).

All our talk is of Joe Cole, Micah Richards, Bellers and Forlan :unsure:

Pretty sure JC is a done deal. Some people are saying suarez too but I think its wishful thinking.

Hopefully the TT admin will allow this twat a little more time then they did after you were relegated.

I see you've gone for two sponsors this year. You've got to pick a pocket or two eh? Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.

Where you going finish this year?

Yup, Dannys a shrewd operator alright. that is why we have always have money to spend on players.

Fifth this year for me. I have already bet on City to win it at 8s. Will seem like silly odds come christmas time.

City

Chelsea

United

Them

Us

Just got to enjoy the CL ride whilst it lasts.

Think I might take some fo that.

Guest Gordon McKeag

Spending money (especially when you are selling your best players to fund it) is not always going to mean success Stevie as you well know.

Quarter finals would be good but getting out of the group (if we make it) would be an achievement.

Like shite. When you look at our last CL groups we had Juventus (who went to the final), Dynamo Kiev (best eastern european team then), and Feyenoord (UEFA Cup holders), then our next group we had Inter (richest flag waver team), Barcelona (say nee more), and Bayer Leverkusen (CL Finalists 6 month earlier), and we won 5 of our 12 games. The CL standard is much lower now, look at Rangers group last season 4fs, Rangers, Some Romanian team who get 3000, Stuttgart and Sevilla, and that wasn't even the worst group. You're shit if you dont get through, its not the competition it was when we were in it. Any old cunt can go far now.

Like shite. When you look at our last CL groups we had Juventus (who went to the final), Dynamo Kiev (best eastern european team then), and Feyenoord (UEFA Cup holders), then our next group we had Inter (richest flag waver team), Barcelona (say nee more), and Bayer Leverkusen (CL Finalists 6 month earlier), and we won 5 of our 12 games. The CL standard is much lower now, look at Rangers group last season 4fs, Rangers, Some Romanian team who get 3000, Stuttgart and Sevilla, and that wasn't even the worst group. You're shit if you dont get through, its not the competition it was when we were in it. Any old cunt can go far now.

So we are cheapening the competition by getting there but we should progress to the latter stages? Which is it to be Stevie?

Stevie, is that you in your avatar?

Guest Gordon McKeag

So we are cheapening the competition by getting there but we should progress to the latter stages? Which is it to be Stevie?

Stevie, is that you in your avatar?

Cheapening the competition in name, but you have a very good team and squad almost as good as us under Robson, you're not as quick as we were though imo. You will easily have a squad which would be 8-12th best in the competition.

Yes its me, why?

Cheapening the competition in name, but you have a very good team and squad almost as good as us under Robson, you're not as quick as we were though imo. You will easily have a squad which would be 8-12th best in the competition.

Yes its me, why?

I think our past European success adds kudos to the comp to be fair but then I would.

Just wondered if the Raoul cut was all the rage up there.

Guest Gordon McKeag

Yes its me, why?

I think our past European success adds kudos to the comp to be fair but then I would.

What a ginger mohican? We're not jocks.

Yes its me, why?

obviously barring the colour. Deffo a touch of the moats going on there:

raoul.jpg

Guest Gordon McKeag

Yes its me, why?

obviously barring the colour. Deffo a touch of the moats going on there:

raoul.jpg

Hardly. Besides he had a mohican when he died. Keep up eh?

To recognise 'Gordon McKeag' as Stevie you must have been browsing for quite a while :unsure:

Saw this thread the day after the city game. People refer to Gordon as Stevie in this thread.

I have been having a browse since you got promoted.

F*** me senseless. This clown again.

Well, at least you'll be good for something. What are your thoughts on 'Appy 'Arry's alleged moves for Bellamy and Forlan?

Forlan won't happen, no way Levy will pay out silly money for a player of that age bracket and he hyas already said he wants to stay in Spain.

Bellamy is a funny one. We already have two streaky midget strikers in Defoe and Keane and two decent left sided options in Bale and Modric. Add to that his questionable attitude and I'm not sure I'd want him.

I've missed you too by the way.

Well, at least you'll be good for something. What are your thoughts on 'Appy 'Arry's alleged moves for Bellamy and Forlan?

Forlan won't happen, no way Levy will pay out silly money for a player of that age bracket and he hyas already said he wants to stay in Spain.

Bellamy is a funny one. We already have two streaky midget strikers in Defoe and Keane and two decent left sided options in Bale and Modric. Add to that his questionable attitude and I'm not sure I'd want him.

Thought I read somewhere that Forlan had said he was open to offers from Tottingham. He'd be looking for a mega payout though at this stage of his career I'd imagine.

So who do you want to buy? I would think CB would be a priority for you considering Woodgate and King are finished.

Thought I read somewhere that Forlan had said he was open to offers from Tottingham. He'd be looking for a mega payout though at this stage of his career I'd imagine.

So who do you want to buy? I would think CB would be a priority for you considering Woodgate and King are finished.

Micah Richards is filling that void unfortunately, however Dawson and Bassong were impressive last season.

I want someone who can plow the lone furrow up front, a big powerful number nine, so we can play 5 in midfield if we need to. 4-4-2 is looking like an ever more outdated system.