George Best

Guest alex

TBH, I thought that Moore was overated. He was a good player but that was all. Everybody keeps going on about how he read a game so he didn't need to be fast. What they actually mean is that he had no pace at all. His legend owes much to that fact that he was a cockney playing with the team that everybody thinks plays attractive football and he was the darling of the southern hacks. If he played for a northern team he wouldn't be idolised by the cockney b******s. In terms of ability, pace, flair, charisma Moore couldn't hold a candle to George Best.

61149[/snapback]

i do recall Pele saying he was the best defender he ever came against though

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also remember Pele saying Diouf was one of the best 100 players of all time and saying an African team would win the WC by the end of the 20th century.

He's a sell-out.

Edited by Sima

apparently up and down the country there are pockets of morons booing in the minutes silence.

I know that he wasn't a particularly good role model off the pitch, and I know he played for Man U, but I think this is totally out of order.

Leeds fans apparantly the worst...

Singing "We hate Man U" for the whole minute.

Cocks tbh.

61260[/snapback]

the self same people who as kids would have sat and watched Match of the Day marvelling at Bests footwork, conveniently forgetting who he played for.

Still as they say "who the fuck are Leeds?"

And Northern Irish international, David Healy has just scored their winner....

I wonder how he felt when he heard that?

61274[/snapback]

lol aye good point. Even if you dont think the minute's silence is not fully waranted, you dont do that. Especially after seing the pain his family were in.

He was a cracking player, but the fact he's suddenly turned into Jesus after his death is starting to grate to be honest.  I'm sick of hearing people gushing about how the world will never be the same

61275[/snapback]

That's bollocks though isn't it. All his obituaries and all the other articles I have read have made much of his alcoholism, womanising and jail time. The only gushing praise to avoid that has been on Gillette Soccer Saturday today.

Compare it to Princess Di who had no discernable talent whatsoever, was a bit mental, a bit of a tart and has a produced an heir to the throne whose surname should be Hewitt. You couldn't say a word against the princess of hearts or any of that shite.

Edited by Happy Face

Compare it to Princess Di who had no discernable talent whatsoever, was a bit mental, a bit of a tart and has a produced an heir to the throne whose surname should be Hewitt.  You couldn't say a word against the princess of hearts or any of that shite.

61304[/snapback]

"A dirty slag who'd fuck owt in a pair of jodhpurs" as she was eloquently described by someone on the SMB. :lol:

Compare it to Princess Di who had no discernable talent whatsoever, was a bit mental, a bit of a tart and has a produced an heir to the throne whose surname should be Hewitt.  You couldn't say a word against the princess of hearts or any of that shite.

61304[/snapback]

"A dirty slag who'd fuck owt in a pair of jodhpurs" as she was eloquently described by someone on the SMB. :lol:

61305[/snapback]

the management of this board would like to make it clear that the views above are those of the poster and not this board. Toontastic.net do not under any circumstances condone the slagging of of the Princess of Hearts even if she was a slag who'd fuck owt in a pair of jodhpurs.

:lol:

i was devastated the day she died, didnt know what to do with myself

... the bastards cancelled the Newcastle Liverpool match

61319[/snapback]

Aye my fucking birthday as well. Had it all planned, day on the lash, Ford Super Sunday.

Selfish cow

Any chance of locking this thread now as I'm sick of hearing about the yellow faced dying Irish, bastard

i was devastated the day she died, didnt know what to do with myself

... the bastards cancelled the Newcastle Liverpool match

61319[/snapback]

I was on a trans-Atlantic plane when she died. Half way across the pond, at about 4 am GMT, the pilot anounced he had some terrible news. I nearly shit myself, thinking we were going to crash or something. There was an audible sigh of relief when he said Dodi was dead and Dianna was critical. :lol:

Mike Parry made one of his most idiotic comments today I thought. When talking about Best's Dad, he said he had not just lost an ordinary son, he had lost George Best. What an utter cock. :lol:

It took the BBC all of, oooh, 30 seconds to air their hour long obituary/documentary the day he died. The poor fucker wasn't even cold.

61444[/snapback]

To be fair it was just a repeat of a documentary made in 2002 though.

It took the BBC all of, oooh, 30 seconds to air their hour long obituary/documentary the day he died. The poor fucker wasn't even cold.

61444[/snapback]

61453[/snapback]

and it has been sitting in the tape machine for the last 3 years with a finger hovering over the play button.

61444[/snapback]

61453[/snapback]

Even so, it's a bit cynical to stick it on the moment he pegged it.