George Best

Guest alex

Have you heard James Whale's late night phone-in? Fucking hell :lol:

60627[/snapback]

Many years ago he was on a Metro. He's a total cock head. Mind you, even he is surpassed by Mike Dicken, who has fortunately now been relegated to three in the morning or something.

I really can't think why I listen to this shit, it's just a bunch of angry middle aged male wankers. Trouble is I like conversation on the radio (can't find a decent music channel), but 5 live is so unbelievably middle class it's, well, unbelievable. Not much choice really. ;)

60630[/snapback]

I remember James Whale on Metro many moons ago. Anyway, I flick between FiveLive and Talksport as I like talk radio better than Radio1 et al. I quite like a bit of Radio 4 too. ;)

60643[/snapback]

Exactly the same as me, no need to be ashamed! Radio 4 is quite high brow but then again I think it's a really good source of information that you can absorb which you wouldn't otherwise get.

If I'm going to listen to music then usually I want it to be my choice, but unfortunately my car doesn't have an mp3 dock or CD player.

60649[/snapback]

You need one of these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5342488.htm

I use one with my ipod and it's pretty good.

I do 5 Live and Talksport like but Radio 4 is a bit too far. Maybe when I'm over 30. :lol:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60627[/snapback]

Many years ago he was on a Metro. He's a total cock head. Mind you, even he is surpassed by Mike Dicken, who has fortunately now been relegated to three in the morning or something.

I really can't think why I listen to this shit, it's just a bunch of angry middle aged male wankers. Trouble is I like conversation on the radio (can't find a decent music channel), but 5 live is so unbelievably middle class it's, well, unbelievable. Not much choice really. ;)

60630[/snapback]

I remember James Whale on Metro many moons ago. Anyway, I flick between FiveLive and Talksport as I like talk radio better than Radio1 et al. I quite like a bit of Radio 4 too. :icon_lol:

60643[/snapback]

Exactly the same as me, no need to be ashamed! Radio 4 is quite high brow but then again I think it's a really good source of information that you can absorb which you wouldn't otherwise get.

If I'm going to listen to music then usually I want it to be my choice, but unfortunately my car doesn't have an mp3 dock or CD player.

60649[/snapback]

You need one of these:

I do 5 Live and Talksport like but Radio 4 is a bit too far. Maybe when I'm over 30. ;)

60654[/snapback]

How does that work? :lol: Could be what I'm looking for.

Your over 30 in a month or so, aren't you Gemmill? It's not just age though, you need a bit of greystuff too. I'm not sure anyone who doesn't know where the phrase "in the lime light" will get much out of Rasio 4. ;)

60627[/snapback]

I really can't think why I listen to this shit, it's just a bunch of angry middle aged male wankers. Trouble is I like conversation on the radio (can't find a decent music channel), but 5 live is so unbelievably middle class it's, well, unbelievable. Not much choice really. :icon_lol:

60630[/snapback]

I remember James Whale on Metro many moons ago. Anyway, I flick between FiveLive and Talksport as I like talk radio better than Radio1 et al. I quite like a bit of Radio 4 too. :icon_lol:

60643[/snapback]

60649[/snapback]

You need one of these:

I do 5 Live and Talksport like but Radio 4 is a bit too far. Maybe when I'm over 30. ;)

60654[/snapback]

How does that work? ;) Could be what I'm looking for.

Your over 30 in a month or so, aren't you Gemmill? It's not just age though, you need a bit of greystuff too. I'm not sure anyone who doesn't know where the phrase "in the lime light" will get much out of Rasio 4. ;)

60659[/snapback]

:lol: Twat!

All you do is plug the wire into the headphone socket on your MP3 player, set the volume on it at around 3/4 of max, and put the tape in your cassette player in your car. Your MP3 will then play through your car stereo. :icon_lol:

All you do is plug the wire into the headphone socket on your MP3 player, set the volume on it at around 3/4 of max, and put the tape in your cassette player in your car.  Your MP3 will then play through your car stereo. :lol:

60662[/snapback]

Cheers, that sounds brilliant. At that price its got to be worth a try. :lol:

60627[/snapback]

60630[/snapback]

I remember James Whale on Metro many moons ago. Anyway, I flick between FiveLive and Talksport as I like talk radio better than Radio1 et al. I quite like a bit of Radio 4 too. ;)

60643[/snapback]

60649[/snapback]

You need one of these:

I do 5 Live and Talksport like but Radio 4 is a bit too far. Maybe when I'm over 30. :lol:

60654[/snapback]

I think it's more down to intellect than age ;)

All you do is plug the wire into the headphone socket on your MP3 player, set the volume on it at around 3/4 of max, and put the tape in your cassette player in your car.  Your MP3 will then play through your car stereo. :lol:

60662[/snapback]

Cheers, that sounds brilliant. At that price its got to be worth a try. ;)

60666[/snapback]

They've been around for donkey's years like - seems you're maybe a bit too old for this new technology. :lol:

It does assume however that the cassette in your car loads lengthways rather than width ways, because of where the wire goes into the cassette. Most modern cassette players in cars do like, so you should be ok.

I have every sympathy for George Best, as its been said before, alcoholism is an illness, not a weakness.

If a doctor told me that my next wank would kill me, I'd probably not make it to the end of this paragra..........

I have every sympathy for George Best, as its been said before, alcoholism is an illness, not a weakness.

If a doctor told me that my next wank would kill me, I'd  probably not make it to the end of this paragra..........

60674[/snapback]

:lol:

60662[/snapback]

60666[/snapback]

They've been around for donkey's years like - seems you're maybe a bit too old for this new technology. :lol:

It does assume however that the cassette in your car loads lengthways rather than width ways, because of where the wire goes into the cassette. Most modern cassette players in cars do like, so you should be ok.

60671[/snapback]

If it doensn't you can always get an FM transmitter (although you'll have to import one from the states because I think they're technically illegal over here). From what I've read most people seem to think they're better that the cassette thing.

I've got one and it's one of the best things (along with the Ipod) that I've ever bought.

60662[/snapback]

60666[/snapback]

60671[/snapback]

If it doensn't you can always get an FM transmitter (although you'll have to import one from the states because I think they're technically illegal over here). From what I've read most people seem to think they're better that the cassette thing.

I've got one and it's one of the best things (along with the Ipod) that I've ever bought.

60678[/snapback]

I've got an iTrip and I reckon the sound's better through the cassette thing tbh. iTrips are dead handy though, and good if you've only got a CD player in the car.

Very sad day for me, George Best was a big hero of mine, by far the best footballer i have ever seen. This horrible media deathwatch going on just shows the goldfish bowl type existance he has lead since he was sixteen. Let the bloke die with a bit of dignity for gods sake

60682[/snapback]

It's a big circus isn't it? Awful really, just hanging around outside the hospital waiting for the bloke to die so they can be the first to announce it.

60662[/snapback]

60666[/snapback]

60671[/snapback]

60678[/snapback]

I've got an iTrip and I reckon the sound's better through the cassette thing tbh. iTrips are dead handy though, and good if you've only got a CD player in the car.

60683[/snapback]

I've got the Belkin one and it's really good with the only problem being I sometimes nearly deafen myself when I switch to headphones and forget to turn the volume down.

I had a cassette thing for my portable cd player in one of my old cars that didn't have a cd player. It was quite canny but the cassette player had an auto reverse thing on and the sound would go funny when it tried to swap sides.

60627[/snapback]

60630[/snapback]

60643[/snapback]

60649[/snapback]

You need one of these:

60654[/snapback]

60659[/snapback]

Old theatres used to light the stage with Phospherous lights madeby burning Lime dust. They were called Lime Lights. Ladies and Gentlemen KCG makes his bid early for twat of the year.

Very sad day for me, George Best was a big hero of mine, by far the best footballer i have ever seen. This horrible media deathwatch going on just shows the goldfish bowl type existance he has lead since he was sixteen. Let the bloke die with a bit of dignity for gods sake

60682[/snapback]

It's a big circus isn't it? Awful really, just hanging around outside the hospital waiting for the bloke to die so they can be the first to announce it.

60684[/snapback]

And making most ordinary people think quite un-ordinary thoughts along the lines of "for fuck's sake just die already". There's something not quite right there.

60627[/snapback]

60630[/snapback]

60643[/snapback]

60649[/snapback]

You need one of these:

60654[/snapback]

60659[/snapback]

Old theatres used to light the stage with Phospherous lights madeby burning Lime dust. They were called Lime Lights. Ladies and Gentlemen KCG makes his bid early for twat of the year.

60742[/snapback]

Already beaten to it by Alex unfortunately (on another thread).

60627[/snapback]

60630[/snapback]

60643[/snapback]

60649[/snapback]

You need one of these:

60654[/snapback]

60659[/snapback]

60742[/snapback]

60745[/snapback]

That's my crown KCG and everyone knows it.

60627[/snapback]

60630[/snapback]

60643[/snapback]

60649[/snapback]

You need one of these:

60654[/snapback]

60659[/snapback]

60742[/snapback]

60745[/snapback]

That's my crown KCG and everyone knows it.

60746[/snapback]

I shall usurp your crown.