Who's going to win the World Cup?

Guest Barrack Road

WHO  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Barrack Road

Right lets start this thread now, and look back on July 12th with the worst hangovers, ever and in my opinion the biggest smiles. I was discussing this last night with a mate, "we can't win the World Cup", me "why not?", cos "we're England!" and that for me sums up the defeatist attitude of mugs in this country. If everyone thinks we'll fuck it up, we will.

Here's why I think we'll win it though.

• First World Cup in our life time where the majority of games will be played in a coolish climate
  • Because it's cool we can play our naturally high tempo game which NO FUCKA can live with when it clicks#
  • We have the best manager in the world
  • He thinks we'll win it, in fact I read Lord Triesman is quoted as saying we've already won it in Fabio's head
  • There's no wanky World Cup songs
  • We have Rooney
  • We have Gerrard
  • We have Lampard
  • We have Rio
  • We have Ashley Cole
  • Torres won't be fit till half way through
  • We have a piss easy path to the Semi Finals
  • It's being played in a British Colony
  • All the Africans will support us when they get knocked out in the stands
  • Brazil are wank
  • Argentina are wank
  • Holland's defence is shit
  • Spain have never won the World Cup
  • Spain were defending European Champions in 1966....who won the World Cup.

I'm a dreamer always have been especially about football, and I'm building myself up here to be shot down in flames, but in my realistic heart of hearts, I believe ENGLAND will win the World Cup.

Everyone throw their hat in to the ring here.

Edited by Barrack Road

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

I'd love nothing more than to see us win it and I think we have a decent chance. Objectively though I can't see past Spain. England are 7-1 with BetFred btw, or they were at the weekend anyway.

Guest Barrack Road
Spain, theyre the best by miles

In principle I'd agree, but this is a side not so long ago humped by USA in a competitive game. I still think they're bottlers when it comes down to it.

Guest Barrack Road
As opposed to England you mean? ;)

I'm trying to be the face of positivity here :icon_lol: I think the climate/tempo thing could swing it home to England. We have a good player in every position, and as I've discussed before in the WC only Brazil have beaten us in a knockout format since 1970 in 90 minutes. We can win. I've just got this vision of Rooney's ugly brother with his beyond hideous lass, sat with Rooney and Colleen pictured with the World Cup.

Guest alex
As opposed to England you mean? :icon_lol:

I'm trying to be the face of positivity here :D I think the climate/tempo thing could swing it home to England. We have a good player in every position, and as I've discussed before in the WC only Brazil have beaten us in a knockout format since 1970 in 90 minutes. We can win. I've just got this vision of Rooney's ugly brother with his beyond hideous lass, sat with Rooney and Colleen pictured with the World Cup.

Argentina did as well in '86 like. 'Hand of God' accepted. Is Rooney's bro still seeing Colleen's cousin by the way. They remind me of that lookalikes documentary with Elton John etc. ;)

With the exception of a few key players I think this is the most mediocre England side in a while. If anything happens to Rooney England are fucked. The defence and goal keepers in particular wouldn't inspire me with confidence either. Yes, England have a great manager, but that won't make up for the deficits on the pitch imo. Expect the usual hype and disappointment, I'm just looking forward to seeing some good games no matter who's playing.

Guest Barrack Road
As opposed to England you mean? :icon_lol:

I'm trying to be the face of positivity here :D I think the climate/tempo thing could swing it home to England. We have a good player in every position, and as I've discussed before in the WC only Brazil have beaten us in a knockout format since 1970 in 90 minutes. We can win. I've just got this vision of Rooney's ugly brother with his beyond hideous lass, sat with Rooney and Colleen pictured with the World Cup.

Argentina did as well in '86 like. 'Hand of God' accepted. Is Rooney's bro still seeing Colleen's cousin by the way. They remind me of that lookalikes documentary with Elton John etc. ;)

William Hills paid out on a 1-1 draw, so that's what the score was as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Barrack Road
With the exception of a few key players I think this is the most mediocre England side in a while. If anything happens to Rooney England are fucked. The defence and goal keepers in particular wouldn't inspire me with confidence either. Yes, England have a great manager, but that won't make up for the deficits on the pitch imo. Expect the usual hype and disappointment, I'm just looking forward to seeing some good games no matter who's playing.

;)

Stick to making tablets pal.

As opposed to England you mean? :D

I'm trying to be the face of positivity here :) I think the climate/tempo thing could swing it home to England. We have a good player in every position, and as I've discussed before in the WC only Brazil have beaten us in a knockout format since 1970 in 90 minutes. We can win. I've just got this vision of Rooney's ugly brother with his beyond hideous lass, sat with Rooney and Colleen pictured with the World Cup.

William Hills paid out on a 1-1 draw, so that's what the score was as far as I'm concerned.

:icon_lol: Jesus, and I thought Ant was bitter.

;)

Well, you've mentioned Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Rio, and Ashley Cole. All established players who have failed at the top level in the past. Where's the new talent, where's the fresh hope? I just don't see it personally, the defence is poor (what about the keeper), the midfield doesn't really gel, and without Rooney England are piss weak up front.

Guest alex

I'm trying to be the face of positivity here :) I think the climate/tempo thing could swing it home to England. We have a good player in every position, and as I've discussed before in the WC only Brazil have beaten us in a knockout format since 1970 in 90 minutes. We can win. I've just got this vision of Rooney's ugly brother with his beyond hideous lass, sat with Rooney and Colleen pictured with the World Cup.

What were you? About 6? :icon_lol:

Guest alex
I'm going to say Argentina.

I agree we have a chance but then we always think we do.

We seemed to have gone off the boil lately too.

Bit like Italy in '82 and '06, Brazil in '02 etc, you often seem to get a side who stutter in the run up / aren't really fancied who come good in the tournament.

Guest Barrack Road

;)

Well, you've mentioned Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Rio, and Ashley Cole. All established players who have failed at the top level in the past. Where's the new talent, where's the fresh hope? I just don't see it personally, the defence is poor (what about the keeper), the midfield doesn't really gel, and without Rooney England are piss weak up front.

Three champions league winners, the best in his position in world football, and Europe's top leagues most consistent midfield scorer, "failed at the top level". If you mean the last WC we had excuses, worthy ones, and none of them exist anymore. I agree Rooney is critical, but imo as is Torres to Spain, and Messi to Argentina.

Guest Barrack Road

8. Ewerk, you can't score with your hand. End of.

Guest alex
As opposed to England you mean? :)

I'm trying to be the face of positivity here :icon_lol: I think the climate/tempo thing could swing it home to England. We have a good player in every position, and as I've discussed before in the WC only Brazil have beaten us in a knockout format since 1970 in 90 minutes. We can win. I've just got this vision of Rooney's ugly brother with his beyond hideous lass, sat with Rooney and Colleen pictured with the World Cup.

8. Ewerk, you can't score with your hand. End of.

That's like saying we didn't get to the semis in Euro '96, because Spain beat us the round before though. You'll do owt but admit you're wrong :D

I'm going to say Argentina.

I agree we have a chance but then we always think we do.

We seemed to have gone off the boil lately too.

Bit like Italy in '82 and '06, Brazil in '02 etc, you often seem to get a side who stutter in the run up / aren't really fancied who come good in the tournament.

Yeah, plus it's rare that the favourites win it from memory...

Maradonna seemingly has more than a bit of luck on his side, plus he's won it. They also have Guttierez.

I mean, Messi.

Guest alex
As opposed to England you mean? :)

:icon_lol: Jesus, and I thought Ant was bitter.

:D my bitterness/rage is more spread out than Stevies currently, France, Henry, English pundits, Colin Murray , mike Ashley, Gillette, there's a long list, i could do with some of the fckers dying so i can give everyone the attention they deserve.

(Stevies nothing compared to a boss in my office who gets email replies from the bbc when he writes in seething about poor arcticles/reporting and his hatred for the mancs)

Anyways, i've went for the Argies,

You forgot Owen :icon_lol:

So this is the stevie disagrees with anyone who doesn't think England will win it because he thinks England will just cause they will thread now?

Guest alex

It's also worth pointing out we failed to qualify for 3 of the world cups since 1970 btw. Just for a bit of context you understand ;)

Guest Barrack Road
So this is the stevie disagrees with anyone who doesn't think England will win it because he thinks England will just cause they will thread now?

No. It's the Stevie argues his corner as to why I think England can win the World Cup. Alex I can admit when I'm wrong ;) but I refuse to accept that 1986 defeat. Cheating bastards, cunts.

Guest Barrack Road
It's also worth pointing out we failed to qualify for 3 of the world cups since 1970 btw. Just for a bit of context you understand ;)

Aye that needed pointing out to me like....