Bloody Sunday

Kevin

now release the names of the paras and hold them to account the same way republican volenteers were.

No, moron. Soldiers are soldiers doing a job, republican volunteers as you charitably call them are scum.

Doing a job? doing a fucking job? murdering innocent people is a "job"? fucking hell.

So we should release the name of every soldier ever? I mean if we're applying your backwards logic that Soldiers are somehow the decision makers in their role?

release the name of every paratrooper. They must be decision makers, they received no order at all to go into the bog.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now release the names of the paras and hold them to account the same way republican volenteers were.

No, moron. Soldiers are soldiers doing a job, republican volunteers as you charitably call them are scum.

I think it's more evidence that young Kevin believes himself to be totally knowledgable about a period of history that in reality he, and most of us on here tbh, has barely scratched the surface of.

What's worse is that I reckon he believes the fact that, simply because he comes from the provence, he's automatically more qualified about it than the rest of us. I've always been of the opinion that the closer you are to a subject, the more biased your opinion of it is - in his case, most likely through the influence of others.

I think it's more evidence that young Kevin believes himself to be totally knowledgable about a period of history that in reality he, and most of us on here tbh, has barely scratched the surface of.

What's worse is that I reckon he believes the fact that, simply because he comes from the provence, he's automatically more qualified about it than the rest of us. I've always been of the opinion that the closer you are to a subject, the more biased your opinion of it is - in his case, most likely through the influence of others.

What the fuck man? fucking 13 innocent people murdered by your troops and your arguement for it is that "the IRA are terrorists" etc. It was a civil rights march ffs.

Edited by Kevin

Doing a job? doing a fucking job? murdering innocent people is a "job"? fucking hell.

So we should release the name of every soldier ever? I mean if we're applying your backwards logic that Soldiers are somehow the decision makers in their role?

release the name of every paratrooper. They must be decision makers, they received no order at all to go into the bog.

You're an idiot :)

FFS Craig, hasn't the report just said that those shot were innocent? It was a civil rights march. Your attitude is unbelievable tbh.

Unbelievable because I don't buy every word in it?

Someone made the reference to Hillsborough earlier (Stevie probably) - the scousers will have you believe that they were 'totally innocent' that day but in reality it's considered that a minority of their fans had a small level of responsibility.

Innocent people were shot and that action was 100% wrong - what I'm saying is though I don't personally believe that every single person who marched that day didn't encite the troops in some way. But let me re-iterrate, it in no way excused or justified what occurred.

Right, so you know better than a high court judge and 7 years and £195m worth of inquiries?

The facts are that the soldiers were not in any danger and those shot were 100% innocent.

Yes there were guns and terrorists in the area, as there were every day of the week in that area but they were not a threat to the army on that day.

Correct me if I'm wrong but your attitude appears to be, 'well they weren't shot for nothing'.

No, I don't know better and I've never said I did. However just out of interest, and not in any way leading my opinion on this specific case, do you believe that every inquiry always finds 100% of the truth?

Like Kevin, you've totally missed my point - well done. Fish and NJS have got my take on it.

I've already named the man who gave the order. The names of those who pulled the triggers aren't necessary.

spot on.

What the fuck man? fucking 13 innocent people murdered by your troops and your arguement for it is that "the IRA are terrorists" etc. It was a civil rights march ffs.

I don't believe I've alluded to that all in the post you've quoted but feel free to prove me wrong grasshopper :)

As ewerk said you seem to have taken a "they weren't shot for nothing" view on it. why may i ask? It's just been proven, you're PM has apologised yet still you seem to stand strong on your view.

FFS Craig, hasn't the report just said that those shot were innocent? It was a civil rights march. Your attitude is unbelievable tbh.

Someone made the reference to Hillsborough earlier (Stevie probably) - the scousers will have you believe that they were 'totally innocent' that day but in reality it's considered that a minority of their fans had a small level of responsibility.

Innocent people were shot and that action was 100% wrong - what I'm saying is though I don't personally believe that every single person who marched that day didn't encite the troops in some way. But let me re-iterrate, it in no way excused or justified what occurred.

Right, so you know better than a high court judge and 7 years and £195m worth of inquiries?

The facts are that the soldiers were not in any danger and those shot were 100% innocent.

Yes there were guns and terrorists in the area, as there were every day of the week in that area but they were not a threat to the army on that day.

Correct me if I'm wrong but your attitude appears to be, 'well they weren't shot for nothing'.

No, I don't know better and I've never said I did. However just out of interest, and not in any way leading my opinion on this specific case, do you believe that every inquiry always finds 100% of the truth?

Like Kevin, you've totally missed my point - well done. Fish and NJS have got my take on it.

We already know that every inquiry does not find 100% of the truth (see the Widgery report as evidence) and there are findings of this report that are dubious.

What is beyond doubt is that the army were in no immediate danger and did not adhere to the rules of engagement - do you disagree?

Guest The Three Lions

I agree with that - comparing it with Hillsborough is correct in the sense that accepting the conclusions doesn't mean you can't hold certain "reservations".

Well I meant it that way, but I also drew the comparison and stand by it in the context of "are they fuckin still going on about that the moaning cunts".

Move on, let it go, or the bitterness stays forever. The use of "British" this and "British" that, it's like we're krauts or something, fuckin "British" I don't know many people who consider themselves "British", and the way you type "Brits over here", i.e. the paratroopers like they represent me, when I wasn't even born, could just would make a lesser person than me think pipe down you fuckin Irish tatty munchin cunt, but I'm not that ignorant, and it's attitudes like yours which inflame the situation.

As ewerk said you seem to have taken a "they weren't shot for nothing" view on it. why may i ask? It's just been proven, you're PM has apologised yet still you seem to stand strong on your view.

No, No he hasn't. And despite being 2nd brightest in your year you're not getting his point.

he's saying that the Soldiers were ordered to fire which is awful, but there can be no guarantee that 100% of the marchers were of peaceful intent as have been your claims. Unsurprisingly the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The man who gave the order has been named and rightfully so as it was his order that killed those people. The soldier have not been named, rightfully so as all they were doing is following orders.

he's saying that the Soldiers were ordered to fire which is awful, but there can be no guarantee that 100% of the marchers were of peaceful intent as have been your claims. Unsurprisingly the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

There's no guarantee that the intentions of every person you meet walking down the street are peaceful, but you don't put in a pre-emptive punch.

I agree with that - comparing it with Hillsborough is correct in the sense that accepting the conclusions doesn't mean you can't hold certain "reservations".

Well I meant it that way, but I also drew the comparison and stand by it in the context of "are they fuckin still going on about that the moaning cunts".

If the killing of 13 civilians by their own troops isn't worth moaning about then I don't know what is, I suppose it's as silly as not recognising the result of a football match 24 years ago. :)

The fact is that we wouldn't still be moaning about it if the original report wasn't a complete whitewash and this report had taken so fucking long to be completed.

Guest The Three Lions

If the killing of 13 civilians by their own troops isn't worth moaning about then I don't know what is, I suppose it's as silly as not recognising the result of a football match 24 years ago. :)

The fact is that we wouldn't still be moaning about it if the original report wasn't a complete whitewash and this report had taken so fucking long to be completed.

You weren't even born, apologies have been made, wrongs have been put right. There's nothing more to say.

You weren't even born, apologies have been made, wrongs have been put right. There's nothing more to say.

Wrongs have been put right? Jesus. What happened there? bring people back to life have they?

The truth shall be set free in roughly 1 minute. I expect those brit scum to give an apology.

and the IRA murderers Adams and McGuiness are now celebrated dignitaries apologising to who exactly ?

Fuck off.

There's no guarantee that the intentions of every person you meet walking down the street are peaceful, but you don't put in a pre-emptive punch.

?

I was countering Kevin's intimation that it was a march of 100% peaceful people. We have no way of knowing that so he shouldn't say it.

The thing is Craig as Cameron alluded to, soldiers are supposed to be subject to the rule of law in their actions. When I mentioned to LM that I supported sometimes "going down to their level" I didn't mean paratroopers firing on protestors who were innocent - I meant taking out McGuinness and his ilk "behind closed doors" .

In public at least, you can't claim the moral high ground if you allow indiscipline like this to go unpunished. As I said 40 years on is probably too late and an acknowledgement that is was wrong should end the matter as far as I'm concerned.

I don't remember this particular comment, but for once I totally agree with you. That goes for any terrorist scumbags, whatever "cause they are fighting for".

I think it's easy for people to point out the IRA to be the bad people in Ireland.

but what annoys me is when people fail to see the bad side of the british army just because your british, they also done some bad shit over there.

the black and tans and all that nonsense were sick as fuck

The IRA done bad things but many of them were provoked into joining it by the brutality of the british army. The IRA had a right to fight back to get people out of their country who were not wanted but some of the things they done were sick

not all the british troops are bad but there has always been throughout our history violent bastards and there always will be, even some of the stuff you hear in Iraq, just like Ireland britain said they wanted to go there to help and I heard a few Iraqis on the news one day a while back saying we feel more in danger now than when sadaam was in charge.

You're just a WUM aren't you ?

By the way, British troops are obeying orders, and attempting to keep law and order as best they can. They also don't hide in the shadows, they have the balls to put on a uniform and show themselves and their allegiance.

So what exactly is your point then Kevin? That the people accountable for the tragedy are named? they have been. That Britain apologises? They have. Or is it that you want the people on this Newcastle Message board buy you pint to make up for it?

FoK

You're just a WUM aren't you ?

Normally yes, in this thread, no.

In that case, I can safely say that you don't even have to try being a dickhead. You just are.