Park Life

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going for a cheery 15th. :lol:

Just a little bump in preparation for next Sunday tea-time. :D

I changed it to 12th a few posts later monger.

I've got 12th on NO as well.

I'm going for a cheery 15th. :rolleyes:

Just a little bump in preparation for next Sunday tea-time. :)

I changed it to 12th a few posts later monger.

I've got 12th on NO as well.

:lol: I was bumping the thread, not your post. It just happens that your post was the first post in the thread....... That said..... :D

at the moment I can only see Blackpool ending up below us — so 19th.

well wrong there thankfully.

to get my excuses in it was before we signed Tiote and Afra. I was confident that Barton would be a good player but he exceeded my expectations, and I didn’t see Carroll being so good.

In general most of the players turned out to be better players than I expected and the team spirit was spot on. We had a few injuries, but nowhere near as bad as it could’ve been with such a thin squad.

I think we're less bad than....

Blackburn

Blackpool

West Brom

Bolton

Stoke

West Ham

Wigan

Wolverhampton

So I'm going for 12th too.

Blackburn - Wrong

Bolton - Wrong

Stoke - Wrong

West Ham - Debatable

Wigan - Debatable

Wolverhampton - Wrong

:lol: Stoke and Bolton have been marginally better but we are still able to finish above both of them if they lose their last games.

If we finish 17th playing most of the season with Barton, Tiote and Ben Arfa in midfield then Hughton wants shot with shit. We've surely now got the quality to get at least 14th?

Aye. It was too early to tell when this thread was started too HF. +2 points for me I reckon.

I think we're less bad than....

Blackburn

Blackpool

West Brom

Bolton

Stoke

West Ham

Wigan

Wolverhampton

So I'm going for 12th too.

Blackburn - Wrong

Bolton - Wrong

Stoke - Wrong

West Ham - Debatable

Wigan - Debatable

Wolverhampton - Wrong

:lol: Stoke and Bolton have been marginally better but we are still able to finish above both of them if they lose their last games.

3 good players (2 forwards) would make such a difference next term.

10th. Very optimistic. But with a good sense of togetherness from what the players are saying, along with a few decent signings and CH's tactics (expecting him to play 4-5-1 against stronger teams, more attacking at fortress SJP). Best feeling about the changing room atmosphere we've had since Sir Bobby days?

Its massively unlikely any team who's just won promotion would finish in the top half of the league... even if they spent shit loads of money:

Last Season's top 15:

Chelsea

Man U

Arsenal

Spurs

Man City

Villa

Liverpool

Everton

Brum

Blackburn

Stoke

Fulham

Sunderland

Bolton

Wolves

I fail to see how the Toon will finish higher than any of those teams this year.

16th-17th would represent a good season and something to build on for next year, whilst also giving the likes of Carroll another season of development and experience of playing at the top level.

Your theories of what promoted sides should be capable of were truly based on the most basic of thinking weren't they?

I reckon we'll finish higher than 12th too.

If we finish 17th playing most of the season with Barton, Tiote and Ben Arfa in midfield then Hughton wants shot with shit. We've surely now got the quality to get at least 14th?

Aye. It was too early to tell when this thread was started too HF. +2 points for me I reckon.

If you say so.

If you're getting 2 points for predicting 14th 3 games into the season, I reckon my prediction of 12th (with most of the teams we'd be above spot on) must be worth +10.

If you say so.

If you're getting 2 points for predicting 14th 3 games into the season, I reckon my prediction of 12th (with most of the teams we'd be above spot on) must be worth +10.

Yeah and 6 for me. :rolleyes:

If you say so.

At least 14th = 1 point

Saying it was too early before we signed Ben Arfa and Tiote = 1 point.

12th = 1 point

:D