Wikileaks

Happy Face

pretty much

wasn't he meant to come out

Of course. In return for Chelsea Manning's pardon. She is pardoned and he refuses to leave. He is literally the world's most famous keyboard warrior.

Apart from you Ant [/stevie]

No one is stopping him from coming out. I wouldn't call that detained in any way.

No one is stopping you from walking into the busy traffic of the A1. The traffic being there is hindering somewhat your free movement though.

The UK government has made everywhere outside the embassy a busy road for Assange. Hence the UN ruling.

And on the deal...

"I stand by everything I said, including the offer to go to the United States if Chelsea Manning's sentence was commuted. It is not going to be commuted until May - we can have many discussions to that point."

A ridiculous comparison as you well know.

And the UK has no choice but to arrest him.

Is Manning's commutation reversible? I was under the impression that it wasn't.

In what sense? Is his liberty not in danger if he walks out the door? Have the government not spent tens of millions policing the building so he cannot "escape"? Do the UN not agree with me?

Was this discussed on here at the time?

http://gizmodo.com/julian-assange-lied-about-a-wikileaks-data-dump-on-nati-1785091653

It's when I lost all respect for the man.  He's either a liar or not very competent.  I saw it live at the time and about 2 minutes of research showed he was wrong, so the whole thing was very bizarre.

And how about this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/09/opinion/the-truth-about-the-wikileaks-cia-cache.html

Would you rather they weren't there?

Neither of those links undoes, for me at least, the importance of what they do.

The first one I assume that they were sloppy about deleting all the cc numbers. The second one isn't news to me because I read what they actually said (via HF) and thus didn't assume they could read whatsapp like the rest of the media. Anyone who went to the source instead of the media would have come to the same conclusion IMO.

Wikileaks responded to that gizmido article directly

What evidence did you find within 2 minutes?

We did discuss it at the time. My view was that the DNC had already lost the credit card details to hackers, regardless of WL redactions or not. The DNC needed to improve their security and inform their donors that cards needed renewed anyway.

... Though the redactions in the CIA leak suggests wikipedia have taken criticisms on board.

Wikileaks responded to that gizmido article directly

What evidence did you find within 2 minutes?

We did discuss it at the time. My view was that the DNC had already lost the credit card details to hackers, regardless of WL redactions or not. The DNC needed to improve their security and inform their donors that cards needed renewed anyway.

... Though the redactions in the CIA leak suggests wikipedia have taken criticisms on board.

I looked at the leaks, with the full CC numbers on them.  Do I need to dig it up?  It kind of sounds like you're already conceding the point.

Deflecting fault to the DNC doesn't change anything about what he did.

No thoughts on the misinformation in their latest tweets as referenced in that NYT article?

@@Rayvin, I have mixed feelings about their overall value, regardless of Assange.  It just calls their whole operation into question.

I think Snowden is a hero fwiw.

The "misinformation" in their latest leak is something I cleared up in minutes, as Rayvin said.

Do you have a link to the docs with cc numbers? Wikileaks still seem to maintain it was only the last 4 digits.

I have no idea if full numbers were shared but I do place the value of the leak above the value of the cc numbers that the DNC has already lost.

Would you rather they weren't there?

Neither of those links undoes, for me at least, the importance of what they do.

The first one I assume that they were sloppy about deleting all the cc numbers. The second one isn't news to me because I read what they actually said (via HF) and thus didn't assume they could read whatsapp like the rest of the media. Anyone who went to the source instead of the media would have come to the same conclusion IMO.

Sorry, missed your second point at the time.

This source?

RqtqkAL.png

That's clearly misinformation based on what's actually in the leaks (assuming I'm not being lied to by multiple credible news sources - if those even exist anymore).

Are the media and the DNC culpable in this?  Absolutely.  The point I'm making is about the integrity of Assange, which calls into question the integrity of Wikileaks itself.

I have mixed feelings about the value of these leaks.  Taking a long view, there's a decent chance it's positive, but it's very complex and I don't think we really know.  Short term it appears to have been a fucking disaster.  I think Trump is largely in the White House due to this mess.

But feck it, we're moving to the wings in politics and now we just have to pray this lurch to the right all over the West is the dying cry of the angry white man before a move to proper leftist ideals.

The "misinformation" in their latest leak is something I cleared up in minutes, as Rayvin said.

Do you have a link to the docs with cc numbers? Wikileaks still seem to maintain it was only the last 4 digits.

I have no idea if full numbers were shared but I do place the value of the leak above the value of the cc numbers that the DNC has already lost.

Example:

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/99

(looks like 16 digit cc numbers and bank sort code)

I also see SSNs and PPNs leaked, not sure if in that example (but I can link if needed).

It's not about the cards being leaked, it's about Assange and Wikileaks  (according to you) still maintaining this blatant untruth.  It's about integrity, which I'm sure you agree is integral to an organisation with this kind of power/responsibility.