Which club has the most deluded fans?

parkinpants

I'm sure someone did this not long back but if you look at stats since the Premier League began back in 1992, Isn't it only something like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa & Spurs who have a better record than us? And that's despite us spending 2 seasons out of the top flight.

and what kind of 'record', do you mean?

points accumulated. goals scored, average finishing position...?

im not having a go, just didn't fully understand what you meant

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure someone did this not long back but if you look at stats since the Premier League began back in 1992, Isn't it only something like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa & Spurs who have a better record than us? And that's despite us spending 2 seasons out of the top flight.

football didnt start in 1992

no, but 1960s football is hardly relevant 50 years later, is it?

facts are, Everton, are of a comparable "size" to Newcastle. I think that's a fair statement, but no doubt there'll be toffess who will insist they're the bigger club and there'll be Geordies who disagree as well.

i wouldn't say 90s football held much relevance to do with todays either, if thats the way you're loking at it

Blue mackems, red dippers, oh my. We've got a veritable menagerie on this board now.

OP is a mackem as well. But obviously we're such a small club that fans of other clubs have to come on our board constantly to tell us so.

:D

Open book.

football didnt start in 1992

I never said it did fuckwit and a good job in Everton's case.

But your post (re: TalkSport) was on about the Premier League specifically so my post above is pertinent.

i posted that to point out the fact that someone tried to say 'forget about us just being relegated'

nothing more

well I've read the thread again and it seems to me the majority are saying he looks like a decent prospect, and we're disappointed that he'll be injured.

maybe you could point out the posts that lead you to believe that we are deluded about our prospects/relative size?

Thing is Gooser, the majority of Newcastle fans are not the morons you see gurning on SSN, just like the majority of Everton fans are not the idiots you hear of talksport stating how they're definitely going to make it into the top four this year, because Fellaini is better than Gerrard or whatever. Your average Geordie knows full well what will happen to our club without investment and/or a little luck.

well I've read the thread again and it seems to me the majority are saying he looks like a decent prospect, and we're disappointed that he'll be injured.

maybe you could point out the posts that lead you to believe that we are deluded about our prospects/relative size?

Thing is Gooser, the majority of Newcastle fans are not the morons you see gurning on SSN, just like the majority of Everton fans are not the idiots you hear of talksport stating how they're definitely going to make it into the top four this year, because Fellaini is better than Gerrard or whatever. Your average Geordie knows full well what will happen to our club without investment and/or a little luck.

He knows he's joining an infinitely better supported, higher profile club, who can achieve more than Everton's limits long term if the club is run right. Everton don't have the infrastructure in the modern game. I mean on the face of it they're a well run average sized club, but the contract situation there beggars belief and screams of small time.

As for Newcastle never being able to hold a candle to Everton if you had a new stadium, you can't fill a tiny 39,000 capacity stadium now, 18,000 turn out in the UEFA Cup, you're an irrelevant club who have overachieved. The fanbase is a clubs core, I can't even remember you bringing more than 2,000 here in the last 10 years. You're a smaller Aston Villa imo.

We are a bigger, better supported club but you have a considerably better team at the moment and are much better run than us (but us being badly run is something very few people on here would argue with).

fan base , fan base, fan base

He knows he's joining an infinitely better supported, higher profile club, who can achieve more than Everton's limits long term if the club is run right. Everton don't have the infrastructure in the modern game. I mean on the face of it they're a well run average sized club, but the contract situation there beggars belief and screams of small time.

As for Newcastle never being able to hold a candle to Everton if you had a new stadium, you can't fill a tiny 39,000 capacity stadium now, 18,000 turn out in the UEFA Cup, you're an irrelevant club who have overachieved. The fanbase is a clubs core, I can't even remember you bringing more than 2,000 here in the last 10 years. You're a smaller Aston Villa imo.

We are a bigger, better supported club but you have a considerably better team at the moment and are much better run than us (but us being badly run is something very few people on here would argue with).

fan base , fan base, fan base

Only things you can asses which is the bigger club on is stadium size/average attendance and turnover/market value, that's about it. If you want to assess who is the most successful club you look at trophies won and then everybody argues about how far back in time you can count the trophies from!

So if you want to argue size on here people are going to mention the things that pertain to size, if you want to argue success that's a different thing completely or it wouldn't be a different word in the dictionary.

:D fucking Hell gooser, they're all from the same person. A person who lives to wind up people from other clubs about who has the bigger club.

lets try again, the over-riding message from that thread is pleasure at signing a decent prospect, who we appreciate is not a world beater and who is injured for a while.

Jesus wept :suicide:

:D fucking Hell gooser, they're all from the same person. A person who lives to wind up people from other clubs about who has the bigger club.

lets try again, the over-riding message from that thread is pleasure at signing a decent prospect, who we appreciate is not a world beater and who is injured for a while.

Jesus wept :suicide:

:icon_lol:

I never understand people who take pride in being a wum... it's like knocking on a door and running away. Hilarious when you're twelve, but a sign of an ill-developed mind when done later in life.

lets just leave it at the fact that everton are bigger, more successful club than newcastle then.

all the best for the coming season

That's just weak.

For the most deluded I would actually say the Mackems.

This isn't necessarily merely in thinking they are better than they are but occasionally worse. They lose 2-0 to Benfica and sign Bramble and Bruce is the worst manager on gods earth and they are dead certs for relegation.

Yet when asked how they think they'll fare this season somehow they are going to finish in the top half and win a cup, based on what?

Top half for them is massive and I'm sure it hasn't happened in over a decade anyway oh and there's the small matter of picking up a cup.

Fucking hell.

someone mentioned the 90s earlier

arguably your best decade and our worst

and we still won more than you

This shit is pretty boring fella, maybe you should get a job?

its saturday

:D

Aye, cos nobody works on Saturday.

It sucks that all those shops, pubs, and hospitals all close up for the weekend. No surprise a scouser doesn't understand employment though.