Martin O'Neill

Guest alex

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Good for Newcastle this if you look at the pecking order for us to get back in the top half in the next 3 to 5 years. EVERTON and Villa will be the first ones we look to replace, they'll fall to pieces like a pack of cards now. Get that tank topped wank Gregory back in, happy days. Good that they'll be in a major transition in two weeks time imo. Team spirit = 60% of what makes a good football club.

"I have enjoyed my time at Aston Villa immensely. It's obviously a wrench to be leaving such a magnificent club.

"I would like to pay tribute to the Villa players, my coaching staff and the Villa supporters for all the support and encouragement they have given both the club and me personally during my time as manager.

"I wish them all the best for the future. I will obviously be assisting the club in the immediate short-term with regard to the handover of my duties."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...l#ixzz0w7iTFWEZ

Assume it's cos he's not getting the Milner money to spend.

If they haven't replaced him by the time they play us in 2 weeks may I suggest a banner with "who's your next manager going to be? Ozzie Osborne? Jasper Carrott?" on it.

See how you like them onions you boring brummie mugs.

Spent a ton of money in his time there and never really pushed for a CL spot. Guessing that Randy whatshisname was keeping the purse strings shut.

I agree with that to be honest. Although he undoubtedly did a good job, they spent big without coming close to Champions League Qualification, and as a neutral, my abiding memory of his time there is when he played a team of reserves and children in the UEFA cup away to CSKA Moscow, shafting the fans who travelled out there. He deliberately got them knocked out of Europe so they could push for 4th spot...which they failed to do.

if this season pans out how most of us fear and hughton is sacked, he'd be an ideal replacement. whether he'd be daft enough to take on the poisoned chalice is another issue

Edited by Dr Gloom