The Bouncer?

IrishMag

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-Leroy-Fer.html?

Call in the Bouncer! Newcastle closing in on £4m move for Holland powerhouse Leroy Fer

EXCLUSIVE By MEL HENDERSON

Last updated at 11:50 AM on 16th August 2010

Newcastle are close to signing newly-capped Feyenoord midfielder Leroy Fer – nicknamed The Bouncer because of his powerful physique.

The Geordies are thought to have made one bid that has been rejected but are set to follow up their interest with an improved offer.

Feyenoord are seriously in debt and are under pressure from their bank to raise cash from sales.

Eyes on the prize: Leroy Fer is wanted by Newcastle boss Chris Hughton

The £4million-rated Fer, 20, made his first appearance for Holland’s senior international side as a substitute in last week’s 1-1 draw with Ukraine.

It was current national boss Bert van Marwijk who gave 6ft 2ins Fer his first team debut at Feyenoord when he was just 17 and he has since scored 10 goals in 78 appearances.

Fer was a recent target for Everton amid fears they were going to lose the services of both Mikel Arteta and Steven Pienaar.

But Barclays Premier League new boys Newcastle are now at the head of the queue for a dynamic player whom Dutch Under 21 coach Cor Pot has compared to Patrick Vieira.

Most probably bullshit?

Edited by IrishMag

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Would be good if he signed, he captained us, and instead of local hero as they run out a bit of Kicks Like A Mule "ya names not dahn ya not comin in", "look Shola ya not on the list".

Story is complete bullshit, dailymail have got at least 15 toon related stories wrong this summer alone.

The player I like in his position for about that price is Romaric of Sevilla, great player.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Not being funny, but how is it good if it's bullshit? :lol:

It's better than being linked with old has beens or overpriced flops. My opinion maybe wrong or right.

It's exactly the same if the link's false. I.e. the player won't be coming. I know what you mean like.

Edited by alex

A guesstimate if there's base to the story. Whether it's bullshit or not, the papers have picked up on the club's m.o. and the rumour mill is following suit.

Reported valuation of 4m + reportedly us targeting another player contracted to a club in financial crisis. *Surprise, surprise.

= Ashley & Llambarse to [or have already] gamble on the notion that the selling club will jump at the 1st offer to surface, courtesy of a take it or leave it offer under the going rate. :lol:

Could well be a very good prospect, but i have very little or no faith in Ashley & Llambarse's sly/predatory manner when conducting themselves in the market where they've established something of a track record of pissing-off chairmen/potential selling clubs etc.

Edited by Year Zero

Not being funny, but how is it good if it's bullshit? ;)

It's better than being linked with old has beens or overpriced flops. My opinion maybe wrong or right.

It's exactly the same if the link's false. I.e. the player won't be coming. I know what you mean like.

Shut up :o