Do you believe in ghosts?

Kevin

No.. I just don't see why he would lie. I also don't see how so many people would lie about them.

Do you believe in any sort of after life?

Who said he was lying? He may believe he saw his dead uncle (not Clancy) but was actually mistaken. The mind plays tricks at the best of times and there may be any number of reasons why - a trick of the light, auto suggestion, feeling scared, a flashback, intoxication through drink and drugs, undergoing a psychotic episode, having an overactive imagination, being sexually abused by his uncle as a boy etc.

Just because somebody sees and believes something, doesn't necessarily make it true. Rastafarians have seen Haile Selassi and believe him to be the true Son of God. They are not lying. Do you therefore believe they are right?

Incidentally I have an open mind about the after life. However I'm sceptical about that too but I think most people are.

:lol::):lol::icon_lol:

I'm also a bit sceptical about it. It's scary thinking but that it's nothing.. like its over, your body shuts down, only you dont know it shuts down, because your gone, you cant think anymore, jesus, just lying there, finished, but you dont know your finished, you know nothing. Fucking scary :icon_lol:

I thought you were supposed to feel bulletproof at your age? Anyway by the time you pop your clogs they'll probably just chuck you in the deep freeze till death gets cured. That or they'll dissect your brain in the interests of science :icon_lol:

I wish I felt bullet proof, death's scary :icon_lol: A cure for death would be amazing :icon_lol:

Weird but thinking about it, that everythings gonna be gone some day?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes you think why we're even here..

Big Mac, large fries and a Coke, please :)

Do you have a student card, take advantage of a free mcflurry :lol:?

See Kevin, that's why you're here :lol:

My wife swears blind she used to see a young girl in our old house before we had kids, she said she never felt scared and the young girl just wanted company. Months later we found out a young girl who lived in our house was killed in the street by a car. Bollocks or an over-active imagination?

I once thought I'd seen a ghost when I was about 7. I fucking screamed my head off till my dad came rushing through to see what was happening. I probably just woke up and imagined it, it was a long time ago and a bit hazy now, but my wife is convinced.

My wife swears blind she used to see a young girl in our old house before we had kids, she said she never felt scared and the young girl just wanted company. Months later we found out a young girl who lived in our house was killed in the street by a car. Bollocks or an over-active imagination?

I once thought I'd seen a ghost when I was about 7. I fucking screamed my head off till my dad came rushing through to see what was happening. I probably just woke up and imagined it, it was a long time ago and a bit hazy now, but my wife is convinced.

Wow :lol: See, you wouldn't expect your wife to lie would you? And you also wouldn't expect her to have an over-active imagination especially if you only found out about the girl when you moved out.

makes you think why we're even here..

Big Mac, large fries and a Coke, please :lol:

Do you have a student card, take advantage of a free mcflurry :icon_lol:?

See Kevin, that's why you're here :lol:

Just doin' ma job :)

Wow :lol: See, you wouldn't expect your wife to lie would you? And you also wouldn't expect her to have an over-active imagination especially if you only found out about the girl when you moved out.

I hate to say it but her nanna was one of these fuckers who can talk to the dead, she made a a bit of money through it. Absolute bollocks to me and my missus. She told me about the girl at the time and she was a real scaredy cat about me doing the odd night shift but she was unnaturally placid about the girl, she genuinely wasn't worried about it.

Bollocks probably :) I bet lots of people on your street have died in various ways, there's probably one for every occasion. I'm sure your wife's account is genuine, but there may be other explanations for this.

Incidentally, if you think of ghosts as people, they are significantly less scary. I mean if it's just your old grandad or whatever hanging around in a cloud of gas, you'd probably just tell him to feck off and give you some privacy. I'm more scared of burglars, they might have knives :lol:

Bollocks probably :lol: I bet lots of people on your street have died in various ways, there's probably one for every occasion. I'm sure your wife's account is genuine, but there may be other explanations for this.

Incidentally, if you think of ghosts as people, they are significantly less scary. I mean if it's just your old grandad or whatever hanging around in a cloud of gas, you'd probably just tell him to feck off and give you some privacy. I'm more scared of burglars, they might have knives :lol:

I used to keep a pellet gun and pen knife under my bed about 8 years ago :)

Bollocks probably :) I bet lots of people on your street have died in various ways, there's probably one for every occasion. I'm sure your wife's account is genuine, but there may be other explanations for this.

I agree with much of that. My wife aint the type to tell lies about things like that, maybe she was stressed out and imagined it or maybe it was some 'photograph' from time replaying or maybe it was a bona fide spirit marking her territory, we'll never know. It happened fairly regularly and has never happened in our new home, (we've been here nearly ten years now).

I dunno, have you seen her husband? :)

I don't believe in sentient apparitions or spirits, I don't think people are deliberately misleading their kith and kin, I think they genuinely believe they saw something. But as has been said, it's more likely to be explained away as a psychotic episode than the disembodied reanimated soul of a long dead busy body.

Kevin, you shouldn't worry about death, just make sure you really milk this life for all it's worth, it's the only one you're getting so do whatever makes you happy. Fuck Catholicism, Judaism, Hedonism is the only rational approach to life :lol:

Are we talking on a level with Danny Dyer "I believe in UFOs"?

Part of the same series, as it were, on BBC3, as it happens. Although the Dyer one was funnier.

It must be a piece of piss to be a programme pitcher for the lesser channels.

take z-list celebrity A, make them do degrading/humiliating B, lather, rinse, repeat.

The things your Dad will have you believe to get you to play along Kevin.... :lol:

Yes.. he made me play ghosts along with him :)

Good attempt at being funny though, could of worked in a different topic.

I don't believe in sentient apparitions or spirits, I don't think people are deliberately misleading their kith and kin, I think they genuinely believe they saw something. But as has been said, it's more likely to be explained away as a psychotic episode than the disembodied reanimated soul of a long dead busy body.

Kevin, you shouldn't worry about death, just make sure you really milk this life for all it's worth, it's the only one you're getting so do whatever makes you happy. Fuck Catholicism, Judaism, Hedonism is the only rational approach to life :lol:

But it just seems worthless.. people taking life so so serious, who set the cops up? who first respected them? why? why are they taking life so serious? nobody gets out alive anyway.

But it just seems worthless.. people taking life so so serious, who set the cops up? who first respected them? why? why are they taking life so serious? nobody gets out alive anyway.

That's more like it, Kev. Next up, you need to get some expensive whiskey, some expensive drugs and have a proper night since you've got to die of something.