A Level Results..

Kevin

I know thats what i said, i've a good choice in clearing available, but the longer this takes the less chance i have. Tempted to get them to pull me out of the application thing so i can go on through to clearing.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know thats what i said, i've a good choice in clearing available, but the longer this takes the less chance i have. Tempted to get them to pull me out of the application thing so i can go on through to clearing.

Aye if I was you i'd do that tomorrow, but leave today for them to decide. How far off the results you needed to get were you? I got 20 ucas points more :lol:, there should be a way of selling extra points to the ones who just miss :lol:

Well i got 220. She rang back there now and said the woman in the meeting told her to reject anyone below 179 ucas points. Today they were deciding on accepting 240 and higher, but if they drop the ucas points again i will be included in it. So hopefully but i don't want to be kept waiting til tuesday to find out im rejected and cant get any clearing spots

Well i got 220. She rang back there now and said the woman in the meeting told her to reject anyone below 179 ucas points. Today they were deciding on accepting 240 and higher, but if they drop the ucas points again i will be included in it. So hopefully but i don't want to be kept waiting til tuesday to find out im rejected and cant get any clearing spots

What I don't get, is year after year you hear "It's so competitive now hardly anyone can get in". But then loads of Universities allow people who missed their target in. Someone I know got a full grade below what Notts Trent wanted and they still let her in :lol: . Also my application was denied by Queen Mary UOL for not having enough target grades, and then I went and got the 320 they wanted for the course I wanted :lol:

To be honest mate I reckon you'll get in, if they can't decide and have decided to bin off anyone below 179 (how random) looks like 220 is well above what they want.

What I don't get, is year after year you hear "It's so competitive now hardly anyone can get in". But then loads of Universities allow people who missed their target in. Someone I know got a full grade below what Notts Trent wanted and they still let her in :lol: . Also my application was denied by Queen Mary UOL for not having enough target grades, and then I went and got the 320 they wanted for the course I wanted :lol:

To be honest mate I reckon you'll get in, if they can't decide and have decided to bin off anyone below 179 (how random) looks like 220 is well above what they want.

Least your in a decent course now though. I think the idea of 179 was to allow anyone with 180 and above to get in.

Hopefully i do get in. Will be delighted if i do, if they end up rejecting me and i'm stuck without a backup i'm fucked for the year basically.

Aye decent enough I guess.

You'll easy be able to get a backup, you not considering the rest of the UK through clearing or just wanna stay in Northern Ireland? Because i'm sure there'll be a decent enough course somewhere in Britain if you can't get in anywhere over there.

Been looking up courses in england. Too late for me to go over there, Manchester Met have loads of courses available to me but i've no accomodation or no money etc.

Hopefully the few clearing courses in NI, theres about 15 in total, don't fill up before tuesday :lol: Shocking system, they should've had this sorted ffs.

Been looking up courses in england. Too late for me to go over there, Manchester Met have loads of courses available to me but i've no accomodation or no money etc.

Hopefully the few clearing courses in NI, theres about 15 in total, don't fill up before tuesday :icon_lol: Shocking system, they should've had this sorted ffs.

You not going through student finance? :lol: They give you accommodation when you get there too. My uni's already sorted mine out, I made sure I got en suite :lol: , not having any dirty bastards doing a shit before I brush my teeth. Yeah Tracks been down so much as well, could have at least invested in a good system with the 20 quid all we had to pay to apply.

I am going through student finance, didn't think they'd sort me out with accomodation though. I'm looking at southern uni's now but those dam irish make everything so hard with their CAO :lol:

I am going through student finance, didn't think they'd sort me out with accomodation though. I'm looking at southern uni's now but those dam irish make everything so hard with their CAO :lol:

I get 9k a year because I get loads of bursaries and the sort(after the 3k for fees). I'm spending 4k on my accommodation with bills and everything thrown in, meaning I have 5k to live on, I think I can do that pretty easily.

Aye I know nothing about Rep of Ireland unis do they even accept A Levels?

I don't get any grants or anything like that. Just the standard fees :lol: They accept alevels but all the courses require around 400 CAO points which is 300 ucas points.

Hopefully the few clearing courses in NI, theres about 15 in total, don't fill up before tuesday :lol: Shocking system, they should've had this sorted ffs.

You can stay at manc-mag's crib. No problem.

You can sort out your own accommodation anyway - just have a look for student houses around the area that have vacancies - or just ring up the uni and ask them, you might even be able to get a place in halls if they have a load of places still.

Yeah and they'll be pretty cheap too. I went for en suite at Uni halls so costs more. You will be able to get something somewhere around Manchester for decent, then you'll have your student bank account allowing an overdraft etc and your parents may help. Plus won't Maccies send you to one in Manc too? It's definitely worth looking into

Aye - you'll only be paying 9 months rent max if you get a place to stay at this time, so you'll save yourself a good £800-900

You should have a fucking blast with £5k extra to live on

Yeah but i'll end up blowing it on Dominos Pizza and Burger King and be left with fuck all to actually enjoy myself on. Plus i've been led to believe that because it's more expensive than Humberside London is so expensive you can't do anything :lol::lol:

Yeah but i'll end up blowing it on Dominos Pizza

You're going to have to switch to your local takeaway, kidda. You'll be glad when you do though; Dominos is shite.

I used to love regular pizza. Then I tried Domino's Double Decadence pizza, and now I can't even eat local pizza shit, it's disgusting compared.

Okay so i think i've made my decision.. i realised i'd like to move away. Jordanstown to do civil engineering. You need 220 UCAS points (which i have) and a subject in maths tech engineering or phsyics (which i dont have, but im hoping they dont think too much into that.). Magee is seriously fucking me over, they said tuesday at the latest, i cant wait that long. So i'm going to get up early tomorrow and ring clearing and try to get into civil engineering. I can't wait til tuesday for magee to say no. I hope i've made the right choice...