A few questions.

ClubEverton

Alright lads, I'm from an Everton site called ClubEverton.co.uk. I'm a writer on there and I do a feature called ''talking to the enemy''. I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to answer the following questions. I know our game isn't until next week but I'm bored so I thought I'd make this thread now.

1. What would be a good season for Newcastle? Where will you finish in the league?

A good season would be anywhere above 15th or so I suppose, I reckon we'll finish 11th or 12th providing we don't get major injuries (that might be blind optimism though)

2. What do you think would be a good season for Everton? Where do you think we will finish in the league?

Somewhere between 6th 7th or 8th, a good season would be anything above 7th

3. Who is your best player?

Best player currently is probably Enrique, Caroll's looking good though and Barton's back to some sort of form

4. Which Everton player do you fear most?

Cahill

5. How do you rate David Moyes as a manager?

Very highly as most would, done a fantastic job with limited resources etc Picked up some of the best bargains in PL history with the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Jagielka, Lescott etc and young Coleman looks like he could be added to that list in time also.

6. What do you think of Everton fans? How do you rate our support?

Not as bad as your rivals from what I've seen

7. What will the score be?

2-2

Cheers lads.

Dom.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Alright lads, I'm from an Everton site called ClubEverton.co.uk. I'm a writer on there and I do a feature called ''talking to the enemy''. I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to answer the following questions. I know our game isn't until next week but I'm bored so I thought I'd make this thread now.

1. What would be a good season for Newcastle? Where will you finish in the league?

A good season for Newcastle will be to stay up, the next year top 10, the next year top 6, the next year consolidate that and push on the future for CL.

2. What do you think would be a good season for Everton? Where do you think we will finish in the league?

I think top 10 will be a good season for Everton, I think we'll come 12th.

Ben Arfa he'd most teams best player

Phil Jagielka he's a very underrated defender his ability to handle Carroll will be crucial if we're to get three points

I think he's a steady Eddie, he's had mediocre funds down the years compared to ourselves, Man City, Tottenham etc... yet he's formed a solid side there at Everton, and the best thing he did was making new players aware of what the club means to the area, and its' history, something NUFC managers of the past like Souness have been sadly lacking in. Everton are handicapped by their lack of commercial income due to poor infrastructure like the stadium, but despite the obvious handicap of sub 35,000 crowds on a regular basis, and tight budgets he's been one of the managers of the last 10 years. Didn't like Everton's style with him at first but he had to find a system of play that suited the level of talent he had.

Mediocre, incredibly arrogant for how I personally perceive their stature in football, but you're not the only support guilty of that. Reasonable numbers away but you never bring the 2500-3000 here which is disappointing. Probably about the 9th-12th best support in England.

1-1

Cheers lads.

Dom.

1. What would be a good season for Newcastle? Where will you finish in the league? A good season would be anything higher than 12th. I think we'll finish 14th or 15th.

2. What do you think would be a good season for Everton? Where do you think we will finish in the league? Good season would be European qualification. Think you'll finish top 10.

3. Who is your best player? Tough question. Carroll, Barton & Williamson have all impressed so far this season.

4. Which Everton player do you fear most? Arteta

5. How do you rate David Moyes as a manager? Very highly. You'll have a job keeping a hold of him when Ferguson finally gives up. Surprised one of the Old Firm clubs haven't enquired about him either.

6. What do you think of Everton fans? How do you rate our support? Honestly? I think you're more concerned about your nearest and dearest rivals than you are yourselves. I bit like Sunderland are with us but nowhere near as bad.

7. What will the score be? 1-1

Alright lads, I'm from an Everton site called http://clubeverton.co.uk/ I'm a writer on there and I do a feature called ''talking to the enemy''. I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to answer the following questions. I know our game isn't until next week but I'm bored so I thought I'd make this thread now.

9th

8th

Hatem

None. I fear noone.

7/10

They're few and far between.

Newcastle 4-1 Everton. Hatem 2, Carroll 2.

Cheers lads.

Dom.

Top 10 would be a good season, i reckon we'l finish 14th.

Good season would be top 7, i reckon you'l finish 9th.

Jose Enrique - You'l see why when we play you.

Phil neville - ive just seen the training he does before games on the 'phil neville iphone app' , he looks lethal (link here : http://www.philipneville.com/ )

Good manager but he has a face you just want to slap. Like someone said above, he's made some good buys and he's done well with the players you've got at the moment. Definitely in the top 5 managers of the premiership at the moment.

I think you're alright. And the support is good too, home support anyway.

Im going to be optimistic and saywe'l beat you 3-1

While you're there,what do you think of gosling? good enough to break into our first team?

Probably not. A lot of people spoke highly of him without watching him play, they saw the goals against the shite and United and that's it. You'll see the real Gosling soon enough, hope you like watching people run into defenders.

Probably not. A lot of people spoke highly of him without watching him play, they saw the goals against the shite and United and that's it. You'll see the real Gosling soon enough, hope you like watching people run into defenders.

Bitter

Not bitter at all pal, he's just not very good. Rodwell is the only good young player we've had since Rooney.

Don't rate Coleman so? Looked very good to me so far. That Baxter chap was meant to be good too but havn't seen him myself.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Alright lads, I'm from an Everton site called http://clubeverton.co.uk/ I'm a writer on there and I do a feature called ''talking to the enemy''. I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to answer the following questions. I know our game isn't until next week but I'm bored so I thought I'd make this thread now.

1. What would be a good season for Newcastle? Where will you finish in the league? Survival , We'll finish 14th

2. What do you think would be a good season for Everton? Where do you think we will finish in the league? a Good season would be Europa League, I think you'll finish just outside it.

3. Who is your best player? Hard to say at such an early stage. Carroll looks like he's taking to the Premier League like a duck to water, however this Ben Arfa might be outstanding. Honestly, I'd probably say Enrique as he's the one player I think wouldn't look out of place in the top 4 teams.

4. Which Everton player do you fear most? Arteta or Cahill, one pulls the strings and the other is incredibly reliable.

5. How do you rate David Moyes as a manager? Does very well with a moderate budget, has probably taken Everton as far as anybody could. The only way he'd be able to improve you, would be in Sheikh Mustapha Billion takes over and gives him stupid money.

6. What do you think of Everton fans? How do you rate our support? Well, you're not going to like this, but you're scouse mackems. You live in the shadow of a more famous, succesful club and the chip on your shoulder is the same size as sunderlands, Citehs etc. Anytime I've spoken to one of you lot, you've been obsessed with "who's the bigger club" when in truth, we're both very similar. You also suffer the curse of being scouse and all the baggage that brings with it.

7. What will the score be? I reckon you'll win to be honest, 2-1

Cheers lads.

Dom.

To stay up. 12th.

7th-8th

Bafra.

Umberto Eco

Done well on a tight budget. Good organiser and has bought a few through the youth ranks with care. Seemed scared of mancini during the face-off which I

found a bit worrying. Ginge issues as well.

Miles more knowledgable than your other halves.

3-2 to Newcastle.

staying up would see me satisfied, anything above thats a bonus

Europa League, I like Everton but there always seems to be just something missing from your squad

Jose Enrique but if carroll keeps his form up

Arteta and Pienarr both quality

excellent, bit of a whinger but I do rate him very highly

Better than he red half but like most clubs between everton fans I know some are alright and some are knobs

think we can come out with a point or three, 2-1 to us

Cheers lads.

Dom.

I'd snap yer hand off for safety.

7-8th I think. You do okay but just seem to be on the outside looking in.

Xisco.... Just kidding. Enrique is class.

Marc Hottiger.

Neither nowt nor summat. Does well with what he gets though.

Never met one. Don't know. I can bet you're not as arrogant as the red side o' your city.

Mmm. You'll win. 1-0

Guest Tuco Ramirez

1. What would be a good season for Newcastle? Where will you finish in the league? Survival , We'll finish 14th

2. What do you think would be a good season for Everton? Where do you think we will finish in the league? a Good season would be Europa League, I think you'll finish just outside it.

3. Who is your best player? Hard to say at such an early stage. Carroll looks like he's taking to the Premier League like a duck to water, however this Ben Arfa might be outstanding. Honestly, I'd probably say Enrique as he's the one player I think wouldn't look out of place in the top 4 teams.

4. Which Everton player do you fear most? Arteta or Cahill, one pulls the strings and the other is incredibly reliable.

5. How do you rate David Moyes as a manager? Does very well with a moderate budget, has probably taken Everton as far as anybody could. The only way he'd be able to improve you, would be in Sheikh Mustapha Billion takes over and gives him stupid money.

6. What do you think of Everton fans? How do you rate our support? Well, you're not going to like this, but you're scouse mackems. You live in the shadow of a more famous, succesful club and the chip on your shoulder is the same size as sunderlands, Citehs etc. Anytime I've spoken to one of you lot, you've been obsessed with "who's the bigger club" when in truth, we're both very similar. You also suffer the curse of being scouse and all the baggage that brings with it.

7. What will the score be? I reckon you'll win to be honest, 2-1

Cheers lads.

Dom.

You total doilham. We're fuck all like them. We have a similar trophy haul, granted their latest successes are more recent, but that is where the similarities end.

You're right about Moyes taking them as far as anyone could. That season they came 4th, fair enough Liverpool were awful and Souness' dismantling of the toon was well under way, but getting a club like them with such limitations fourth, I think he should've been knighted to be honest. Arguably one of the greatest achievements in this millenia in British football.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

You total doilham. We're fuck all like them. We have a similar trophy haul, granted their latest successes are more recent, but that is where the similarities end.

You're right about Moyes taking them as far as anyone could. That season they came 4th, fair enough Liverpool were awful and Souness' dismantling of the toon was well under way, but getting a club like them with such limitations fourth, I think he should've been knighted to be honest. Arguably one of the greatest achievements in this millenia in British football.

Come off it Stevie man, you know fine well I mean we're of comparable size when you roll all the facets together. ;) I didn't mean a Geordie is like a Everton fan. We're not the little brother of anyone, we're not obsessed with how big a club we are or are not (well most of us anyway), I think as a fan-base we're a lot more reasonable about our current prospects than a lot of teams, simply because we've had that horrible wake-up call of relegation.

They're not going to challenge with the likes of Spurs and Citeh, despite being close to them recently, simply because of those clubs new spending power.

but I think you knew what I meant all along

(by the by, I would have spelled it doylum, but that's here nor there.)

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Come off it Stevie man, you know fine well I mean we're of comparable size when you roll all the facets together. ;) I didn't mean a Geordie is like a Everton fan. We're not the little brother of anyone, we're not obsessed with how big a club we are or are not (well most of us anyway), I think as a fan-base we're a lot more reasonable about our current prospects than a lot of teams, simply because we've had that horrible wake-up call of relegation.

They're not going to challenge with the likes of Spurs and Citeh, despite being close to them recently, simply because of those clubs new spending power.

I think you're talking wank personally. We've reached the lowest depths our club can go in modern football in the last 2 years, and the only reason I could possibly even remotely agree with you is, we're a promoted club trying to establish ourselves back in the top flight. In fanbase it's a no brainer, and I'm pretty sure they're not deluded enough to contest that, in size of the stadium and the infrastructure again no brainer. If you think in our relegation season, Everton came 5th or 6th, yet the size of our business, the money the club makes was £30m higher, this is despite fucking relegation. The only way they win is trophies, and that's only by 4, we're both in the 10-15 trophy bracket, yet we're seen as chronic underachievers and they're seen as a succesful club. So don't talk your shite you bald mug.

I think you form your opinions about clubs when you're aged between 10-18, I remember my first visit to Goodison which in fairness was a bad time for them in between Kendall and Mike Walker, but I remember how depressing the ground was 25,000 there which was double their gate the game before, and we won 2-0 at a canter. I was just struck by how shabby the club were, the stadium, everything, the support. I mean even when they won the league in 85 and 87 they barely half filled their stadium, if that was us Douglas Hall was right in any era you'd have 100,000 wanting to get in the amount of fuckin gloryhunters we have. It's all about perceptions though, I respect some clubs, I respect Manchester United, I have a lot of respect for Oxford United believe it or not, but I don't respect anything about Everton.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

You know, I think you're an accidental patronising cunt rather than a deliberate one. In many respects that's even worse! ;)

The only reason he spelt it like that is cos that's how Alex spelt it. At the end of the day Fish let the people from Newcastle spell our words, not people from the periphery of Blyth.

Come off it Stevie man, you know fine well I mean we're of comparable size when you roll all the facets together. :) I didn't mean a Geordie is like a Everton fan. We're not the little brother of anyone, we're not obsessed with how big a club we are or are not (well most of us anyway), I think as a fan-base we're a lot more reasonable about our current prospects than a lot of teams, simply because we've had that horrible wake-up call of relegation.

I think you're talking wank personally. We've reached the lowest depths our club can go in modern football in the last 2 years, and the only reason I could possibly even remotely agree with you is, we're a promoted club trying to establish ourselves back in the top flight. In fanbase it's a no brainer, and I'm pretty sure they're not deluded enough to contest that, in size of the stadium and the infrastructure again no brainer. If you think in our relegation season, Everton came 5th or 6th, yet the size of our business, the money the club makes was £30m higher, this is despite fucking relegation. The only way they win is trophies, and that's only by 4, we're both in the 10-15 trophy bracket, yet we're seen as chronic underachievers and they're seen as a succesful club. So don't talk your shite you bald mug.

I think you form your opinions about clubs when you're aged between 10-18, I remember my first visit to Goodison which in fairness was a bad time for them in between Kendall and Mike Walker, but I remember how depressing the ground was 25,000 there which was double their gate the game before, and we won 2-0 at a canter. I was just struck by how shabby the club were, the stadium, everything, the support. I mean even when they won the league in 85 and 87 they barely half filled their stadium, if that was us Douglas Hall was right in any era you'd have 100,000 wanting to get in the amount of fuckin gloryhunters we have. It's all about perceptions though, I respect some clubs, I respect Manchester United, I have a lot of respect for Oxford United believe it or not, but I don't respect anything about Everton.

;)

Bit of a weird one this, but I've found Everton fans to be amongst the best to chat to outside of fixtures, but up there with the very worst fans on a matchday. Really shit experience Goodison. Awful area, awful ground and a critical mass of genuinely unpleasant matchgoers.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Come off it Stevie man, you know fine well I mean we're of comparable size when you roll all the facets together. :) I didn't mean a Geordie is like a Everton fan. We're not the little brother of anyone, we're not obsessed with how big a club we are or are not (well most of us anyway), I think as a fan-base we're a lot more reasonable about our current prospects than a lot of teams, simply because we've had that horrible wake-up call of relegation.

;)

Bit of a weird one this, but I've found Everton fans to be amongst the best to chat to outside of fixtures, but up there with the very worst fans on a matchday. Really shit experience Goodison. Awful area, awful ground and a critical mass of genuinely unpleasant matchgoers.

I don't think they have a redeeming feature, I wish I could find something endearing to say about the club but I can't really other than at least most of them are local fans.

Something else about them as well, they have an almost fiendish hatred for us.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

All of these responses that suggest that Hatem Ben Arfa is our best player—aren't they all a bit too premature?

Survival. Probably around 15th.

You've not had the best of starts ... which is usual for you. However, you've not got the backlog of injuries you've had in the past few seasons and you're still not firing. But you'll sort it out. You'll end up around 8th. Getting into the Europa League would be good.

Jose Enrique, but if Carroll continues his run of goals ... ;)

I'm an Aussie, and Tim Cahil just inspires admiration in all of us.

Top notch, esp. considering the funds he's given. But I think he may have already taken Everton as far as they can go.

Since I'm not living in the UK, I can't give a decent assessment.

I'd be happy with a draw, but I think you may win.

Edited by dbsweeney

Two of my good mates are Toffees and they're both good lads, good football knowledge, self deprecating, funny, blokes you'd be happy to have a pint with. This compares very favourably with the liverpool supporters I've been acquainted with who, with a couple of exceptions, have been arrogant, bragging, smug, boring, mosty glory-hunting, mug cunts.

I like going to Goodison too, it's a proper old fashioned ground, a bit ramshackle but with real character. It reminds me of going to grounds with my dad as a kid, with it being surrounded by terraced houses. Not like these soulless Meccano kits on retail parks.

I'll be going next week and I always look forward to sausage, chips and curry sauce from the chinese chippy opposite the Taxi-Drivers Social Club on the way to the game.