Everton 0-1 NUFC

maggiespaws

You'd play Beckford over Yakubu and you think Cahill is shite?

I wonder what that says about your assessment of Gosling. Watch this space.

You just know names. When was the last time you seen Yakubu play? He's finished IMO.

Infact I'm not even going to bother arguing with a Newcastle fan in New York about Everton.

He didn't look too finished playing for Nigeria at the WC. And I have seen Beckford play any number of times, most recently against Villa earlier this season where he offered absolutely nothing for 45 minutes. He might've touched the ball once or twice. He looks exactly what he is - someone who has nothing but a bit of pace which let him score bucketloads in lower leagues but who will never be anything more than a one-trick pony at a higher level.

'In fact' is two words, by the way.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just know names. When was the last time you seen Yakubu play? He's finished IMO.

Infact I'm not even going to bother arguing with a Newcastle fan in New York about Everton.

He didn't look too finished playing for Nigeria at the WC. And I have seen Beckford play any number of times, most recently against Villa earlier this season where he offered absolutely nothing for 45 minutes. He might've touched the ball once or twice. He looks exactly what he is - someone who has nothing but a bit of pace which let him score bucketloads in lower leagues but who will never be anything more than a one-trick pony at a higher level.

1. Yakubu was awful in the world cup and has come back from it carrying a few extra pounds.

2. All of our strikers were poor against Villa, I'd fancy him to run your centre halves ragged on Saturday and bring the energy that we are missing in the final third of the pitch.

3. Don't try and tell me this and that about Everton, I watch them every week and know infinitely more than you about the qualities of our players.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I know an Evertonian who describes Beckford as their worse buy since Gareth Farrelly. Say no more. There's plenty Leeds who think he's shit. FFS Leeds!

I know an Evertonian who describes Beckford as their worse buy since Gareth Farrelly. Say no more. There's plenty Leeds who think he's shit. FFS Leeds!

Well that Evertonian is quite clearly a moron.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

1. Yakubu was awful in the world cup and has come back from it carrying a few extra pounds.

2. All of our strikers were poor against Villa, I'd fancy him to run your centre halves ragged on Saturday and bring the energy that we are missing in the final third of the pitch.

3. Don't try and tell me this and that about Everton, I watch them every week and know infinitely more than you about the qualities of our players.

:unsure:

He scored 4 goals in the last 20 games against League 1 centre backs...quaking in our boots. Your midfield is good though, good mobile players, that's where you'll win it if you do.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

It's always the same on here and other toon boards when we play Everton and to a lesser extent Liverpool, invaded by cocky wanks, same every fuckin time. Never get any Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd, I wonder why that is.

It's always the same on here and other toon boards when we play Everton and to a lesser extent Liverpool, invaded by cocky wanks, same every fuckin time. Never get any Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd, I wonder why that is.

:unsure: Don't flatter yourself you soft cunt. There's one Evertonian here and I only signed up to do a feature for our site. I stuck around solely to wind you up because you're an idiot.

Says the man who doesn't rate their most prolific midfielder :unsure:

Says the man who doesn't rate their most prolific midfielder :huh:

Hardly fucking prolific is he :unsure: He doesn't contribute to games unless he scores, he should be dropped for Bilyaletdinov who can score goals and is vastly superior in the creativity section which is want you want in the 'off the striker' role.

Nobody's saying that you don't. Just don't forget that sometimes you need someone on the outside looking in. Rewind to us selling Milner to Villa and all nodding our heads and going "well that makes sense, he wasn't really that great anyway..." and look what he's done since leaving us. Don't think there's many who'd say we didn't get that one wrong.

I think that Beckford is another less-footballer-than-athlete player (see Agbonlahor) and that he will get incredibly short shift off our defence. I hope he does play. I would be considerably more afraid of the physicality of Yakubu when coming up against Colo for example.

We'll find out for certain on Saturday.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

:unsure: Don't flatter yourself you soft cunt. There's one Evertonian here and I only signed up to do a feature for our site. I stuck around solely to wind you up because you're an idiot.

Well you spectacularly failed, and ended up becoming an "epic"* fall guy the likes of which haven't been seen for a while in that you've not just thrown the dummy out of the pram, it's actually landed in Wallasey.

* fuckin yank sayings.

Says the man who doesn't rate their most prolific midfielder ;)

Hardly fucking prolific is he :unsure: He doesn't contribute to games unless he scores, he should be dropped for Bilyaletdinov who can score goals and is vastly superior in the creativity section which is want you want in the 'off the striker' role.

Really? And Bilyaletdinov has proven this, where? When?

Cahill's an Australian twat but so far this season in the league he's your leading scorer with 2, was your 2nd highest goal scorer behind Saha last season with 8, was your joint leading scorer with Fellani in 08/09 with 8, was 3rd behind Yaka and Lescott with 7 in 07/08 and 3rd again the year before with 5. Yeah he's not prolific for your team is he? You should then go and look at where all those goals placed your club for those season.

He's hardly Cantona but then again you are only fucking blue bin dippers. :huh:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Says the man who doesn't rate their most prolific midfielder ;)

Cahill's an Australian twat but so far this season in the league he's your leading scorer with 2, was your 2nd highest goal scorer behind Saha last season with 8, was your joint leading scorer with Fellani in 08/09 with 8, was 3rd behind Yaka and Lescott with 7 in 07/08 and 3rd again the year before with 5. Yeah he's not prolific for your team is he? You should then go and look at where all those goals placed your club for those season.

Don't tell him you're from Sydney he won't speak to you.

Says the man who doesn't rate their most prolific midfielder :no

Don't tell him you're from Sydney he won't speak to you.

That'll make two of you then ;)

Guest Tuco Ramirez
back on topic, i reckon everton are going to win. tough place to go and get a result. 3-1 to the toffees. a point would be a decent return.

Aye on paper they're a good side. It's hard to imagine them having a better team than they currently have, club like them.

back on topic, i reckon everton are going to win. tough place to go and get a result. 3-1 to the toffees. a point would be a decent return.

Well we played like shit last weekend but if we play like we did against Villa and Wolves we might catch Everton in the mood we were in against Blackpool, if you follow me. In which case a draw would be nice.

Expect the worst, then when it happens you're not too disappointed.

Ok you're still gutted but at least you didn't include them in your multi.

i think that's the attitude most of us adopt. you have to, supporting this club.

Everton 4-0 Newcastle. Arteta x2, Pienaar, Fellaini,

Oh yeah, you've dropped Cahill to the bench.

On Yakubu your lot looked a lot better against man u once he came on - so again you must be right he's shite.

btw any chance you can be civilised and drop the font on your sig so it doesn't take up half a page?

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Everton 4-0 Newcastle. Arteta x2, Pienaar, Fellaini,

Oh yeah, you've dropped Cahill to the bench.

On Yakubu your lot looked a lot better against man u once he came on - so again you must be right he's shite.

btw any chance you can be civilised and drop the font on your sig so it doesn't take up half a page?

Everyone is an attention seeker at 17, trying to find their place in the world utterly deluded and wrapped in what they hold dear. Most people are the same at that age.