Everton 0-1 NUFC

maggiespaws

Everton 4-0 Newcastle. Arteta x2, Pienaar, Fellaini,

Oh yeah, you've dropped Cahill to the bench.

On Yakubu your lot looked a lot better against man u once he came on - so again you must be right he's shite.

btw any chance you can be civilised and drop the font on your sig so it doesn't take up half a page?

Trust me mate, Yakubu is shite. You may well see how shite he is on Saturday. (he'll score a hat-trick now)

I would've changed my sig but some kind soul has already done.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we are gonna get battered on saturday. Then again I thought we'd get battered when villa came, and expected a comfortable win against Blackpool. That said I have removed Nolan and benched Carroll and williamson again now (on fantasy football). I actually have a rule about never betting on or relying on newcastle for any sort of game, which i broke shamelessly against blackpool. Jinx is fixed though, so might be we get a win on saturday!

Cahill is shite mate. And Yakubu is an uninterested, lazy bastard.

you're a moron on cef and you're a fucking moron on here aswell

bily is crap and you want to drop him for cahill.

i really do hate you

:unsure:

I expect us to lose at Goodison.

Cahill is shite mate. And Yakubu is an uninterested, lazy bastard.

you're a moron on cef and you're a fucking moron on here aswell

bily is crap and you want to drop him for cahill.

i really do hate you

:unsure:

I expect us to lose at Goodison.

Yup, and a draw would be a wonderful result.

Can't understand why the Evertonian bloke doesn't rate Cahill considering all the last-minute goals he scores.

Cahill's undeniably been a lynchpin for Everton's recent period of success. Anyone who says otherwise, knows nothing. If they say so as an Everton supporter who has watched plenty of their games then they're a moron.

Has plenty of limitations but he's nothing like a Nolan in that respect.

Moving on, this should be a win for Everton, but you never know your luck. There's word about that Cahill won't be playing, so they may start an unfit Yakubu. Coloccini is weak sauce and Williamson is no hulk, but speed is definitely their kryptonite and against a huffing and puffing Yakubu they should be alright if they don't give him a chance to get clear off the ball. Even though Beckford is quick, I'm not so worried about him because he's not a great finisher (watch me be punished for that comment). Basically I'm saying that at the moment they have a pretty toothless attack up front. Their midfield is where their class is, which is worrying considering the likes of Smith and Nolan are a decent chance of featuring for us. Please oh please let us play Tiote and Ben Arfa from the get go. It may not change the result but at least should make it a watchable game.

Some random Everton fan had this to say about our last match:

I had a chance to watch 2nd half of Newcastle vs Blackpool, some things worth mentioning:

1) Their RB (Perch) is terrible, and he doesn't have much help from RM (Routledge), Baines & Pienaar should do very, very well.

1a) Their LB (Jose Enrique) looks quite good though, whoever will be playing as RM for us, he better does his job defensively.

2) When they are playing Barton/Smith/Nolan they have the slowest and least creative DM/CM/AM in the league, hopefully Hughton will keep this way.

2a) There's a minor chance that he can put Tiote in starting XI, who is a decent Dm, thankfully Guthrie is still injured I think.

3) Despite playing only 15 minutes Ben Arfa looked lively, was playing on right side, cutting inside to AM position.

Spot on about Perch thus far. Seems out of his depth.

How is it that this random Everton fan can make that obvious and factual statement about our midfield, and yet our manager persists with it?

Interesting that he's thankful that Guthrie is out. Guthrie being a better player than many give him credit for.

On point three, Ben Arfa was on the left for us most of the time. :unsure:

Cahill's undeniably been a lynchpin for Everton's recent period of success. Anyone who says otherwise, knows nothing. If they say so as an Everton supporter who has watched plenty of their games then they're a moron.

Has plenty of limitations but he's nothing like a Nolan in that respect.

Moving on, this should be a win for Everton, but you never know your luck. There's word about that Cahill won't be playing, so they may start an unfit Yakubu. Coloccini is weak sauce and Williamson is no hulk, but speed is definitely their kryptonite and against a huffing and puffing Yakubu they should be alright if they don't give him a chance to get clear off the ball. Even though Beckford is quick, I'm not so worried about him because he's not a great finisher (watch me be punished for that comment). Basically I'm saying that at the moment they have a pretty toothless attack up front. Their midfield is where their class is, which is worrying considering the likes of Smith and Nolan are a decent chance of featuring for us. Please oh please let us play Tiote and Ben Arfa from the get go. It may not change the result but at least should make it a watchable game.

Some random Everton fan had this to say about our last match:

I had a chance to watch 2nd half of Newcastle vs Blackpool, some things worth mentioning:

1) Their RB (Perch) is terrible, and he doesn't have much help from RM (Routledge), Baines & Pienaar should do very, very well.

1a) Their LB (Jose Enrique) looks quite good though, whoever will be playing as RM for us, he better does his job defensively.

2) When they are playing Barton/Smith/Nolan they have the slowest and least creative DM/CM/AM in the league, hopefully Hughton will keep this way.

2a) There's a minor chance that he can put Tiote in starting XI, who is a decent Dm, thankfully Guthrie is still injured I think.

3) Despite playing only 15 minutes Ben Arfa looked lively, was playing on right side, cutting inside to AM position.

Spot on about Perch thus far. Seems out of his depth.

How is it that this random Everton fan can make that obvious and factual statement about our midfield, and yet our manager persists with it?

Interesting that he's thankful that Guthrie is out. Guthrie being a better player than many give him credit for.

On point three, Ben Arfa was on the left for us most of the time. :unsure:

you would be amazed how many evertonians don't rate cahill. 'he goes missing' 'hes not effective enough' 'very limited footballer' etc

they fail to see how much he winds the opposition up, his work off the ball and of course his goals.

how anyone can consider taking someone who scores so many important goals out of a team that is struggling to score goals, is absolutely astonishing to me.

yakubu needs to lose weight. he's the kind of player who gets goals without doing anything else though. give him the ball anywhere near the 18 yard box and he'll likely score.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
you would be amazed how many evertonians don't rate cahill. 'he goes missing' 'hes not effective enough' 'very limited footballer' etc

they fail to see how much he winds the opposition up, his work off the ball and of course his goals.

how anyone can consider taking someone who scores so many important goals out of a team that is struggling to score goals, is absolutely astonishing to me.

yakubu needs to lose weight. he's the kind of player who gets goals without doing anything else though. give him the ball anywhere near the 18 yard box and he'll likely score.

I'm amazed by how many Evertonians hate Moyes to be honest. Best manager you've had since Harry Catterick imo.

I'm amazed by how many Evertonians hate Moyes to be honest. Best manager you've had since Harry Catterick imo.

but he could be so much better. he's astonishingly negative, makes awful substitutions at awful times and insists on playing players out of position to accommodate his favourite players.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

but he could be so much better. he's astonishingly negative, makes awful substitutions at awful times and insists on playing players out of position to accommodate his favourite players.

All of the teams who are presently your equals, Liverpool, Villa, Spurs and Man City have spent three and four times what Moyes has, he's done an amazing job and generated fantastic team spirit.

With all due respect to Ev fans, if you don't rate Moyes you don't really understand football. What he's done by stabalising and then taking forward Ev on a very modest budget is amazing. People bang on about Hodgson, but Moyes would make a superb Eng manager.

All of the teams who are presently your equals, Liverpool, Villa, Spurs and Man City have spent three and four times what Moyes has, he's done an amazing job and generated fantastic team spirit.

no denying that. his low budget buys have been brilliant and the team spirit is second to non

as i say though, if he could get his head around when to make a decent substitution or grow some balls and drop players like osman, hibbert and didtin, then he would be a much better manager.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

no denying that. his low budget buys have been brilliant and the team spirit is second to non

as i say though, if he could get his head around when to make a decent substitution or grow some balls and drop players like osman, hibbert and didtin, then he would be a much better manager.

I can't believe the lad who thinks Cahill was shite. He came in for £2m, and has been one of the bargain buys of the last 10 years, also Jagielka for £3m. We wasted almost £10m each on Luque, Viana, Marcelino and Boumsong who aren't even anyone where near their class.

lescott was a good buy for the money we made on him. 19m profit i think it was.

arteta, piennar, howard, baines etc were all good buys

he does ridiculous things like swapping a midfielder for a defender when we're 1-0 down at home with 3 minutes to go though. don't get me wrong, i like moyes but he'll never progress as a manager unless he stops being so negative, and starts playing his best team instead of his favourite/best players

he does ridiculous things like swapping a midfielder for a defender when we're 1-0 down at home with 3 minutes to go though. don't get me wrong, i like moyes but he'll never progress as a manager unless he stops being so negative, and starts playing his best team instead of his favourite/best players

felliani?

felliani?

he cost us a fair whack, but he's still only a young lad and before he got injured last season he was certainly proving to be worth the money we paid for him. i just hope he can find that kind of form again soon.

Just to make a few points as an Everton supporter:

Cahill has been a wonderful player for us, and until last season was my favourite player... however as a team we have progressed a lot since he signed and he is no longer as instrumental as he once was. He scores goals, not massive amounts though... 8 last year? Thats not bad but Bilalyetdinov (spelling?) got 6 from out wide and when not accustomed to the premier league... now i'm not saying he's a better player (jury is still out on him), i'm just saying goals aren't the only important thing a player should bring to a team... In order to progress Cahill needs to be phased out over the next few years for a more technically gifted player.

Yak may or may not be finished... end of last season he started to look a bit more like the old Yak, against Man U he looked sharp... his attitude and fitness are a major concern... if he sorts these out he could end up being our most important player this year.

Moyes has built up the expectation level and now he's often criticised for being too negative as we expect to go out and be more ambitious... I think those who have forgotten just how great a manager he has been for us would quickly remember if he left!

Beckford doesn't seem to have the 1st touch for a premier league player, and definately not for playing as a lone striker... could be a good impact sub though to throw on for a bit of pace when the opposition defence is tiring... can't see him getting more than 8 goals this year for us tho, and thats me being generous!

Anyway all this Cahill chat is redundant as he's injured for the match.

My prediciton? Toon will give us a decent game, but after the confidence boosting comeback against Man U I expect us to win a tight game 3-1.

Living in Newcastle tho I hope you guys have a good season.

Providing you don't want to include actually winning trophies as a measure of a successful manager.