Beer

shackbleep

Walked past a pub in Gateshead selling that a few months ago. I didn't know they still made it tbh.

The odd dive has it in. It's a drinkers drink I think. Only had it a few times, last week being one of them, and it gives a rocking bad heed the next day.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

logo.jpg

Edit - How the fuck do you make pictures uploaded align normally? ;)

use img and /img in square brackets around the link.

For some reason it is not an option in the Insert Special Item menu.

Edited by trophyshy

Currently got a pint of this on the go:

image21cdbottle.jpg

Good stuff :huff:

Got a case of this today. Not cheap by any means, and a bit posh with its background/history, but in all honesty it is lush.

And yet you still replied. :nufc:

Try a bit of reading. It's a vastly underrated idea. :huff:

I don't fancy reading about "chubby chasers" thanks, if that's your particular fancy though, fine for you.

Like a drop of Cooper's mind. The sparkling and pale ales are very nice.

Aye, that's lush man. That's what I had mostly over Christmas/New Years. Haven't tried the pale ale but will give that a go soon. Had my share of Asahis too, having spent time in Japan and appreciated their brews. A bit hoppy, but it hits the spot as well.

had a couple of the guest ales in the Newcastle Arms after the game last night.

Aye, that's lush man. That's what I had mostly over Christmas/New Years. Haven't tried the pale ale but will give that a go soon. Had my share of Asahis too, having spent time in Japan and appreciated their brews. A bit hoppy, but it hits the spot as well.

Asahi is very nice, aye. Got some in the fridge atm as it happens. Been on the Duvels of late as well. Unfortunately though, some well-intention relative thought 15 cans of Carlsberg would make a nice Xmas present for me. :huff:

Yes it is as a matter of fact. :huff:

But balanced out with malty and fruity flavours, which leaves a non-bitter aftertaste.

I had that years ago when I was down south, not sure I was so keen then but your tastes change, overall the southern type of beer in pubs back then ie warm and no head didn't appeal very much. I may get a bottle and try it again.

had a couple of the guest ales in the Newcastle Arms after the game last night.

Great boozer that like. Always appreciate places like that that make a bit of an effort with their selection of draught. The two I mentioned above are Aussie ones (from Adelaide) but they're bottled beers. They're 'bottle conditioned' (I think that's the term) so they're still fermenting for a period after bottling so you get a small residue in them. Not your usual mass-produced stuff.

And yet you still replied. :)

Try a bit of reading. It's a vastly underrated idea. :huff:

I don't fancy reading about "chubby chasers" thanks, if that's your particular fancy though, fine for you.

It's not thanks. Whatever it may be. :nufc:

Got sidetracked by Duvel again yesterday. Properly dangerous, that stuff.

Yes it is as a matter of fact. :nufc:

But balanced out with malty and fruity flavours, which leaves a non-bitter aftertaste.

I had that years ago when I was down south, not sure I was so keen then but your tastes change, overall the southern type of beer in pubs back then ie warm and no head didn't appeal very much. I may get a bottle and try it again.

Bottled beer allows you to have as much head as you want as you'd know, and of course have it cold this time. It helps to have a few nibblies or accompaniments to go with it too. :huff:

Asahi is very nice, aye. Got some in the fridge atm as it happens. Been on the Duvels of late as well. Unfortunately though, some well-intention relative thought 15 cans of Carlsberg would make a nice Xmas present for me. :nufc:

Did you give him a slap, or a fake smile, nod and a wink? :huff:

Asahi is very nice, aye. Got some in the fridge atm as it happens. Been on the Duvels of late as well. Unfortunately though, some well-intention relative thought 15 cans of Carlsberg would make a nice Xmas present for me. :)

Did you give him a slap, or a fake smile, nod and a wink? :huff:

It was someone on the lass's side of the family so it was just left at her Mam and Dad's so I didn't even have to hide my disappoinment. It sounds ungrateful, but I was :nufc: Four cans of something average like Kronnenbourgh would've been much better. I've managed to drink most of it like. It has very little taste and goes down quite easily. It's barely worth the bother though.