Beer

shackbleep

Adnams Broadside is my favourite but Shiner Bock runs it a close 2nd, Mrs Jimbo is addicted to Shiner, so never a shortage of it, unless she drinks it all first.....

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Oh Sammy :( Chimay is delicious.

You lads got Lidl over there? Beer festival is on including the delicious Leffe at good prices.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20106020.index

Anyone know if any of the rest of these are nice?

No, no Lidi in the land time forgot. I like the dark Leffe but I'm not fond of the blonde.

That said I've just poured my second Hoegaarden for the evening, yum.

If you know where in Sydney there a few off licences that sell Hoegaarden for under $50 a case, which is dead cheap, that's only $15 more than the shite known as VB.

Didn't realise there waas a different type of Leffe. I think I had the darker one before-had that sort of honeyish taste off it.

I've had the pleasure of VB when I was over that way before.

*shudders, takes off pants, cries*

Didn't realise there waas a different type of Leffe. I think I had the darker one before-had that sort of honeyish taste off it.

I've had the pleasure of VB when I was over that way before.

*shudders, takes off pants, cries*

There are actually about half a dozen varieties of Leffe, including an 8% tripel - www.leffe.com

When we were in Hassalt, Limburg last year, someone there was telling us Hoegaarden is the felmish VB. :(

They obviously haven't drunk that much VB!

You lads got Lidl over there? Beer festival is on including the delicious Leffe at good prices.

No, no Lidi in the land time forgot. I like the dark Leffe but I'm not fond of the blonde.

If you know where in Sydney there a few off licences that sell Hoegaarden for under $50 a case, which is dead cheap, that's only $15 more than the shite known as VB.

it says Hoegaarden is "white beer" ?

Might try that or a Leffe though........

it says Hoegaarden is "white beer" ?

Might try that or a Leffe though........

Leaze, Hoegaarden is a white beer.

Leffe comes as a blonde, a brown, a red, a triple or two other types.

And chimay is just god's nectar but comes in a white (amber), red (brown) and blue (black) versions.

The best way to describe Hoegaarden is it's like a lighter version (in colour and taste not alcohol) of a german hefe weizen (wheat beer).

VB is just kangaroo piss that has been left in the sun to long. :(

I Prefer the blonde leffe over the dark.

tried that new Guinness lager last night, was alright quite like it.

Is that the black lager? I've been loading shitloads of that stuff in containers bound for Australia this week.