Managers and the Positions They Used to Play

AmericanMag

Superb is a bit strong. Kinnear was a good player though.

Souness might be a cunt but he was nails. De Jong would not have been walking off the pitch after doing Ben Arfa if Souness had been in our team. In fact, I doubt if de jong would've dared todo it it if Souness had been around. Shows what a bunch of tarts we have playing for us these days.

:(

yeah we should get some more cloggers, because Andy "Break your Jaw" Carroll, Kevin "Break your leg" Nolan and Joey "Stub a fucking cigarette out in your eye" Barton, just aren't violent enough.

fuck off sniffer, you bell end :(

See, this just sums you up Fish, you bender. You know fuck all about football.

Putting Souness in with these players is absolutely absurd. Forget about him as a manager. As a player, in his day, he was one of the best midfield players around as well as being one of the hardest. These players are girls by comparison. A bit like you, you fucking tart.

You think putting a few smiley faces in and its meant to convince people on here that you know what you are on about.

You are a fucking idiot.

I doubt if anybody is thinking about you at home other than thank fucking christ he's gone. I hope I'm on me holidays when he comes back.

:( Oh yeah sniffer, I'll bow to your savant knowledge of the game. As if having a thug (regardless of his purported talent) would have stopped that tackle. You know fuck all, you're a miserable twat and you delight in misanthropy. I couldn't give a shit if the players are softer than Souness, it makes absolutely no difference to what happend, what will happen and what has happened. You're just a ridiculous buffoon.

Your point was we have nothing but tarts, when two of our players have been through criminal proceedings for violent crime and one of them broke another players legs. You're mistaking Souness' ability with that periods lax attitude towards tackling. and Even if we did have a team of Sounesses it would have made no difference, so your point is completely null.

You're a fucking mong and the we'd all be better off if you weren't.

Mind you, I like how you're all keyboard warrior though, just adds to your long list of character flaws. Now, run along and be a boring fuck somewhere else, eh?

As I said, you know fuck all about football but you seem to want to string this out further showing your ignorance.

Clearly you never saw Souness play and you don't understand what a player like him brings to a team. We don't have any players that make a thug like de jong think twice about leg breaking tackles. FFS, its not that difficult to understand. But then, I wonder if you have ever been to a match or if you are just a tosser who gets on a forum like this and talks shite? Aye, hit the nail on the head.

I'd say you've never played the game either or you'd understand this and the difference between hard players and pissed up, glass throwing thugs in bars. Can't say I'm surprised though, as not that many benders like you play unless the attraction in the showers makes up for the snow and cold.

I've clearly touched a nerve with you. So nobody thinks about you at home and thats what pisses you off. I can't say I blame them. I bet they don't answer the phone either.

You know what? I think I'd rather be a cunt than a shirtlifter.

Having seen photos of his latest missus (I'm on his mailing list) I can vouchsafe that he's definitely not a shirtlifter.

Quite what she's doing with someone who, as you rightly point out, has never kicked a football in his life is another matter entirely.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO defenders or mid fielders make better managers than forwards

Forwards only see a bit of the game and are naturally selfish - a defender is as good as his team mates and has the whole game in front of him all the time (you hope)

Goalkeepers are naturally weird

While watching the match Sunday at the pub, me and some others discussed the mentality some managers have and whether or not it has to do with the positions they played during their career. Hughton for example appearing to play a bit more defensively at home because of his history as a defender v. Keegan playing more attacking football. Is this a seen as a fact or am I totally wrong? And would that explain Mourinho since he never played professionally?

I was curious what others thought.

Hughton was a right back [or a left back] so you would think he should be able to spot a half decent one.

I guess if what you did last was a really good guide aaal teams Mourinho coached would be brilliant at polishing shoes, translating Geordie into various European languages and carrying a large case marked "Property of R Robson"

I guess if what you did last was a really good guide aaal teams Mourinho coached would be brilliant at polishing shoes, translating Geordie into various European languages and carrying a large case marked "Property of R Robson"

Well, I would be a good manager or scout, because I'm a good judge of a footballer. And I never played professional football either.

You would be a good muslim if you tried hard enough :(