Reasons to be negative/ realistic

peasepud

* In the games that matter we've been found out

* We've been beaten at home by Stoke, Blackpool and Blackburn; all 6 pointers.

* Smith will be here next season

* Ben Arfa may never play for us again

* In 6 games against bottom half opposition we've only won 1.

* Theres less people in Level 7 therefore the atmosphere is suffering.

* Tiote is our best signing in years, he was cheap and therefore a sellable asset.

* The club is a far more sellable asset than it was this time last season but still way over valued.

* We played Bolton and were murdered, yes folks thats Bolton

* 90% of the ground only sing when we're winning, see point 2

* Leon Best is almost back to fitness.

* Williamson is likely to get a 3 match ban.

* Our top scorer is no longer the top scorer in the Premiership who is probably going to be sold in January

* We have the top scoring midfielder in the Premiership, see above

* We have Sports Direct emblazoned on the roof of our great stadium.

* Everyone will start shitting themselves should we get murdered off Chelsea

* The owners not a geordie

* The chairman is mental

* The only possible looking sale is back to Freddy Shepherd.

Sorry like :lol:

Behave Peter, nobody expected we'd be 10th at this stage. We've won where wouldn't have expected and we've lost where we haven't expected.

Realistically we're tenth approaching the busy period.

I'm not going to start panicking yet.

I don't mean to be offensive to Peter or LM or other people who are negative about NUFC at the minute, but I get the impression any praise you give the team, they take as a show of support for Ashley when that's definitely not my intention. In the main the team and the manager have been excellent this season, even when we haven't got the points at home it's not been that bad, and Villa, mackems, Everton, West Ham, Arsenal and Chelsea away were all unexpected and superb. We'll be fine.

Edited by WDP

Its just the typical myopic knee-jerk reactions of the modern day football fan.

If we lose we are the worst team in the world, if we win we are the best.

10th is fantastic progress. We just have to keep it up.

Edited by Holden McGroin

10th is great, and I'd have absolutely taken it when offered at the start of the season. The problem is how close we are to the bottom 3.

It's a tight league this year and we can't afford to have too many losses in a row or we'll get sucked into it.

* In the games that matter we've been found out

* We've been beaten at home by Stoke, Blackpool and Blackburn; all 6 pointers.

* Smith will be here next season

* Ben Arfa may never play for us again

* In 6 games against bottom half opposition we've only won 1.

* Theres less people in Level 7 therefore the atmosphere is suffering.

* Tiote is our best signing in years, he was cheap and therefore a sellable asset.

* The club is a far more sellable asset than it was this time last season but still way over valued.

* We played Bolton and were murdered, yes folks thats Bolton

* 90% of the ground only sing when we're winning, see point 2

* Leon Best is almost back to fitness.

* Williamson is likely to get a 3 match ban.

* Our top scorer is no longer the top scorer in the Premiership who is probably going to be sold in January

* We have the top scoring midfielder in the Premiership, see above

* We have Sports Direct emblazoned on the roof of our great stadium.

* Everyone will start shitting themselves should we get murdered off Chelsea

* The owners not a geordie

* The chairman is mental

* The only possible looking sale is back to Freddy Shepherd.

Sorry like :lol:

the most telling of all that little lot

I don't mean to be offensive to Peter or LM or other people who are negative about NUFC at the minute, but I get the impression any praise you give the team, they take as a show of support for Ashley when that's definitely not my intention. In the main the team and the manager have been excellent this season, even when we haven't got the points at home it's not been that bad, and Villa, mackems, Everton, West Ham, Arsenal and Chelsea away were all unexpected and superb. We'll be fine.

Thing is Im not negative about NUFC at the moment, I think our league position is way better than I ever expected it to be at this stage however that doesnt mean Im going to get over confident. as has been pointed out in the other thread some of our results have been unbelievable but beating Villa 6 nowt, the makems and Arsenal at their place doesnt get you a Champions League spot or even guarantee survival. Its how you perform over the season and we've shown some worrying signs in some of the more important games.

Id happily swap Arsenal and Villa results for a 1 nowt against Blackpool and Blackburn.

This thread however wasnt posted to be overtly negative it was more to show that for every positive theres an equal or worse negative.

Thing is Im not negative about NUFC at the moment, I think our league position is way better than I ever expected it to be at this stage however that doesnt mean Im going to get over confident. as has been pointed out in the other thread some of our results have been unbelievable but beating Villa 6 nowt, the makems and Arsenal at their place doesnt get you a Champions League spot or even guarantee survival. Its how you perform over the season and we've shown some worrying signs in some of the more important games.

Id happily swap Arsenal and Villa results for a 1 nowt against Blackpool and Blackburn.

This thread however wasnt posted to be overtly negative it was more to show that for every positive theres an equal or worse negative.

Your joking shirley..

Your joking shirley..

At the end of the season we'll be more interested in where Blackburn and Blackpool are than the other two mate. All in all though I refuse to be negative, its been a canny season, it's great going to the match now because you just don't know what you're gonna get from them. It's a surprise.

Your joking shirley..

At the end of the season we'll be more interested in where Blackburn and Blackpool are than the other two mate. All in all though I refuse to be negative, its been a canny season, it's great going to the match now because you just don't know what you're gonna get from them. It's a surprise.

We may, but when we beat Man u 5-0 I cant remember the other scores or where we finished. Relegation / promotion / Good seasons / shit seasons are all part of the drama of football....

Beating Arsenal away....... Fucking priceless.

Thats what it means to me anyway.

Your joking shirley..

We may, but when we beat Man u 5-0 I cant remember the other scores or where we finished. Relegation / promotion / Good seasons / shit seasons are all part of the drama of football....

Beating Arsenal away....... Fucking priceless.

Thats what it means to me anyway.

We finished 2nd so Man Utd were relevant. I'm with you about realism - fuck it, I'd rather live in a deluded bubble of optimism and concentrate on what's good.

Some of the points you've made, the ones LM highlighted, are good. But fucking hell, you're clutching at straws with some of them.

I think you need to compare mine with WDPs in the other thread and lodge tongue firmly in cheek while doing so :lol:

Your joking shirley..

no, those 6 pointers could prove vital. What price we finish 3rd bottom and Blackpool etc are one point above us. You've a short memory. Think back to the home defeat to Hull 2 years ago.

All of PP's points are valid, some more than others.