Stevenage vs Newcastle

Besty

Manu v pool nailed on for TV, possibly arse v leeds, but i'd say with our history against stevenage from the last time we could well be on tv, not a bad draw to be honest.

Was hoping FCUM would get through their 2nd round replay and get Man U in the 3rd. This'll do alternatively though.

Edited by manc-mag

Hope we go there without any fuss after all the histryonics last time around and just quietly dick them.

last time was one of our lowest points - we came over as totally arrogant and idiotic

and they took us to a replay...................

Hope we go there without any fuss after all the histryonics last time around and just quietly dick them.

last time was one of our lowest points - we came over as totally arrogant and idiotic

Did they? :lol:

We could have handled it better, aye, but you can't say we weren't provoked.

We sent our safety officers there iirc (uninvited) having already declared the ground unfit beforehand. Lacked class really as the 'big club'.

Their chairman was a wanker but it just played right into his (and Sky's) hands.

Anyway as I say, hope we go there without the big names this time around, zero fuss, and just turn them over.

It was them that lacked any class - I remember Shepherd (whose word I don't automatically take) saying how he spoke to their chairman who agreed not to make any decisions or speak to the press until they'd met only for him to blab to the BBC 10 minutes later.

Also anyone who did go can testify that the temporary stand they put up was a ramshackle mess that must have involved backhanders somewhere along the line.

I fucking loved it when we beat them and they're always a team whose result I notice with a good "get in" when they lose.

It was them that lacked any class - I remember Shepherd (whose word I don't automatically take) saying how he spoke to their chairman who agreed not to make any decisions or speak to the press until they'd met only for him to blab to the BBC 10 minutes later.

Also anyone who did go can testify that the temporary stand they put up was a ramshackle mess that must have involved backhanders somewhere along the line.

I fucking loved it when we beat them and they're always a team whose result I notice with a good "get in" when they lose.

Man City had a rickety arse temporary stand around that time too.

Their Chairman was an outright bell end, but we contributed to a complete farce and as the big club (who had failed to beat them at home earlier) we ended up looking like sore 'losers'.

Noblesse oblige tbh.

Man City had a rickety arse temporary stand around that time too.

Their Chairman was an outright bell end, but we contributed to a complete farce and as the big club (who had failed to beat them at home earlier) we ended up looking like sore 'losers'.

Noblesse oblige tbh.

Dalglish did come across as a right mong admittedly but as you say their chairman was the worst.

I use to know a couple of people who supported conference teams and they both hated Green - he was the non-league Ken Bates.

Aye totally. I still reckon that carry back then was the point where we stopped becoming everyone's 'second' club and became the target of many fans hatred.

Can't remember the ins and outs but I do remember us (the club) being ridiculously arrogant.

They were all for a switch to SJP for the money until Sky got involved.

A shame, as I'd have liked us to rest a few players, but I think we really owe them one.

Their manager was a smug scouse arsehole too iirc, loved the sound of his own voice and was never off SSN in the build-up and between the first game and the replay. He became Sky's 'expert' for a while, sitting on Richard Keyes knee whenever they did a prem vs. non-league cup tie, hoping for a giant-killing. I think Stevenage got rid of him after a while and he disappeared.

Wasn't the first game Shearer's return after a long lay-off with the ankle injury?

Just had a read of something, the last time we played them in the 3rd round of the FA Cup we reached the final, only to get beat! Lets hope we can repeat history, only for a happier ending.

Edited by bawan

A shame, as I'd have liked us to rest a few players, but I think we really owe them one.

Their manager was a smug scouse arsehole too iirc, loved the sound of his own voice and was never off SSN in the build-up and between the first game and the replay. He became Sky's 'expert' for a while, sitting on Richard Keyes knee whenever they did a prem vs. non-league cup tie, hoping for a giant-killing. I think Stevenage got rid of him after a while and he disappeared.

Wasn't the first game Shearer's return after a long lay-off with the ankle injury?

Was definitely one of his first games back but I seem to remember the comeback game being against Bolton at SJP. Shearer being applauded onto the pitch by a Bolton player going by the name Peter Beardsley.

Aye. One of their centre backs was in The Sun saying they were going to give his ankle a good kicking, put it back in plaster etc. Shearer took it on the chin, swapped and signed his shirt for him at the first match and then on the Monday the same player was back in the press calling Big Al worse than shite :razz:

I hope we tonk the fuckers.