Football stadiums

footballff

<!--url{0}-->

One of the better looking 20k seaters around, and it's a genuinely hostile venue too thanks to the supporter base (and reputation) of one half of the stadium's co-tenant clubs. Stadium's architecture incorporates that of the city landscape.

Where's that like? Some rogue state?

Teddy Kolek Stadium, Jerusalem.

You should've just said "aye" then.

......... and potentially hijack the thread with cut & pasted articles, on the new wave of anti-semitism, in response to all this patter.

Is it the only venue where a goal hero (from a previous EC qualifier: Arab-Israeli scored against the Dutch iirc and kept them alive in the comp, before receiving a disgraceful homecoming) has had widespread 'death chants' directed against them from the terraces, at an international friendly.

Widespread death threats because an arab scored for Israel?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depressing but not exactly surprising either.

They're both a bunch of cunts, does my head in when people can't see that. I understand both points of view but still a set of tools.

The dutch police were absolutely fantastic

Aye they are like, can't remember how many times we've played in Holland in the last 10 years (must be about 6?) but I managed to get to them all and they were sound every time. Way better organised and generally nicer than some of the wankers encountered in Europe, like the eyeties and some of the cunts in France. Even when it kicked off in Breda and they stopped me and the rest of our group from going into the town, they were giving us alternatives for a pint.

I was only 16-17 when we played Feyenoord in the CL, that was my first football trip to Holland. I rememeber being canny impressed at how well they had it organised. We left Amsterdam really late and the train got in less than 10 mins before KO. After half a spliff and 4 pints (enough to destroy me at that age!) I was certain we would get killed walking to the ground, but the coppers at that end collared us at the station entrance with 'Newcastle? Follow me pleashe!' They had a bus on to pick up stragglers and take us straight to the away end. They werent wankers about it either, i.e. they didn't direct us to the bus with tear gas or truncheons. Bus was a beer and weed friendly zone too, which was nice! :lol:

During the game I was right near the divide at the front, and one of thier fans hoyed a lighter over the perspex and got me square in the face. The bastard had let it burn for about 5 minutes aswell so it was red hot. The copper next to me picked the lighter up and went 'Your face is ok yesh? These guys will all be getting a house visit at 5am while you guys are still drinking beer in Amsterdam..'

The dutch police were absolutely fantastic

Aye they are like, can't remember how many times we've played in Holland in the last 10 years (must be about 6?) but I managed to get to them all and they were sound every time. Way better organised and generally nicer than some of the wankers encountered in Europe, like the eyeties and some of the cunts in France. Even when it kicked off in Breda and they stopped me and the rest of our group from going into the town, they were giving us alternatives for a pint.

I was only 16-17 when we played Feyenoord in the CL, that was my first football trip to Holland. I rememeber being canny impressed at how well they had it organised. We left Amsterdam really late and the train got in less than 10 mins before KO. After half a spliff and 4 pints (enough to destroy me at that age!) I was certain we would get killed walking to the ground, but the coppers at that end collared us at the station entrance with 'Newcastle? Follow me pleashe!' They had a bus on to pick up stragglers and take us straight to the away end. They werent wankers about it either, i.e. they didn't direct us to the bus with tear gas or truncheons. Bus was a beer and weed friendly zone too, which was nice! :lol:

During the game I was right near the divide at the front, and one of thier fans hoyed a lighter over the perspex and got me square in the face. The bastard had let it burn for about 5 minutes aswell so it was red hot. The copper next to me picked the lighter up and went 'Your face is ok yesh? These guys will all be getting a house visit at 5am while you guys are still drinking beer in Amsterdam..'

:lol:

I've never been to Holland with the toon but obviously I have with England and they are exactly as you say. They're not like other old bill I think part of it is because, English are everywhere in Holland, especially Amsterdam feels like there's more English than Dutch, so they know us better than we know ourselves. They know if we're treat with respect we'll never be mugs. I think a massive reason for English fans being cunts in Europe is because we've been treat like complete animals (Liverpool probably poured petrol on the fire) but the dutch, absolutely brand new as a police force. Some of the actual dutch can be every bit as bad as a firm of Millwall 85 though.

:lol:

I've never been to Holland with the toon but obviously I have with England and they are exactly as you say. They're not like other old bill I think part of it is because, English are everywhere in Holland, especially Amsterdam feels like there's more English than Dutch, so they know us better than we know ourselves. They know if we're treat with respect we'll never be mugs. I think a massive reason for English fans being cunts in Europe is because we've been treat like complete animals (Liverpool probably poured petrol on the fire) but the dutch, absolutely brand new as a police force. Some of the actual dutch can be every bit as bad as a firm of Millwall 85 though.

Aye they've got thier fair share of total lunatics at some clubs like. Feyenoord being a canny example of that. Mind, considering how the PSV fans were in the ground, they were amicable as fuck before and after. Then again I suppose it depends what is at stake and whether there's any history there. Like Heerenveen, they were great with us but from what I could gather, if I was a Groningen fan they'd have had me heed in a jar on the bar.

• 2 weeks later...
If Martins ever plays there you could probably make a lot of money by fishing for balls in the river. There's innovative and there's pathetic, which one is that?

Proper premier league match balls cost over £100 so you could rig a scam with Martins (who's always in is overdraft) & just get him to shoot as much as possible.

Makes you think, if Brazil, with one of the top 10 (I think) economies in the world and a massive labour force has problems, how the fuck are Qatar gonna do it with so few people and all these ventilation shit they have to add

• 2 weeks later...

Makes you think, if Brazil, with one of the top 10 (I think) economies in the world and a massive labour force has problems, how the fuck are Qatar gonna do it with so few people and all these ventilation shit they have to add

Slaves.

Loads of South-East Asian labour which they pretty much treat like slaves. Still angers me Qatar got it.

Lack of mass corruption, inifinite funds plus the old cheap labour from further East will probably help the Arabs.

Looking at a lot of the Brazillian ones they're redone bowl designs which I'm not much a fan of.

• 4 weeks later...

A good few stadiums going up at the minute:

Rubin Kazan, Russia 47,000

New%2BRubin%2BKazan%2BStadium%2Bnuevo%2Bestadio%2BRusia%2B2018%2B01%2BHASM.jpg

Current progress:

6298557956_91a4d3774a_b.jpg

Lille, France 51,000

155955.jpg

Current Progress

p1030921x.jpg

Swede Bank Arena, Stockholm - AIK Solna and Sweden NT, 51,600

swedbank-large-550x250.jpg