Blackberry Torch

Anorthernsoul

I'm pretty dense really. Especially when it comes to technology, so I'm going to ask a question which is no doubt dense. There's no rush like cos I'll have two phones for a while, but is there a way of transferring numbers from one phone to another, or will I just have to do it manually keeping the numbers I want on me new phone number?

You need to enable bluetooth on both phones then there's an option to export or import contacts. It can be a pain - transferring from my work blackberry to my new HTC took a few goes.

A USB cable should work just as well? I can never be arsed with Bluetooth personally except in my car.

Guest LeazesLad
I'm pretty dense really. Especially when it comes to technology, so I'm going to ask a question which is no doubt dense. There's no rush like cos I'll have two phones for a while, but is there a way of transferring numbers from one phone to another, or will I just have to do it manually keeping the numbers I want on me new phone number?

Had a good play round with it last time it's excellent really is, can watch the news on it and everything. Only thing though when am typing because me hands are so big its like an elephant trying to coherently type on a keyboard.

Can't you just synch it with your Outlook contacts? Or, failing that, put your contacts on your SIM and transfer them directly? Pretty shit at this stuff myself tbf, I think going forward Outlook (or similar) is the solution though - you'll need to synch to your diary too.

See above. I might just take it to a mobile phone shop and they can dee it for me.

Had a good play round with it last time it's excellent really is, can watch the news on it and everything. Only thing though when am typing because me hands are so big its like an elephant trying to coherently type on a keyboard.

Can't you just synch it with your Outlook contacts? Or, failing that, put your contacts on your SIM and transfer them directly? Pretty shit at this stuff myself tbf, I think going forward Outlook (or similar) is the solution though - you'll need to synch to your diary too.

See above. I might just take it to a mobile phone shop and they can dee it for me.

That's a good idea actually.

Problem for me was that as the blackberry is from work I can't sync with outlook on my home PC - might apply to Stevie.

Problem for me was that as the blackberry is from work I can't sync with outlook on my home PC - might apply to Stevie.

Eh? Isn't the Blackberry principally an e-mail machine? Seems extraordinarily shit if you can't have multiple accounts.

Guest LeazesLad

Eh? Isn't the Blackberry principally an e-mail machine? Seems extraordinarily shit if you can't have multiple accounts.

it's everything an iphone is plus more user friendly email facility.

Work security policy means just work email account is accessible.

It's swings and roundabouts - I've basically had a completely free mobile for 5 years so any limitations are fine - I bought the new personal phone in anticipation of leaving.

it's everything an iphone is plus more user friendly email facility.

E-mail is fine on an iPhone. I don't like the mini-keyboard and tiny screen of the Blackberry but I'm not arsed about arguing about it. :lol:

Edited by Renton

Guest LeazesLad
Stevie transfer your contacts to your sim then back onto your other phone memory.

It is is linked to outlook your contacts will automatically transfer there so be careful what names you save people down as....I found this to my cost when I first got it

Yeah I'll have to I've got someone saved as "Nobhead" as it goes. I'LL GIVE THAT A go seems more simple.

I'm not all that far away from the Orange call centre in Darlington, and know a fuck load of mongs who work there.

You're not wrong there like :D

Edited by Bizza

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LeazesLad
You'll get no scores at the match cos the network is always cattled.

You weren't kidding, I was very disappointed to be honest. Was getting and sending texts alright just livescore.com wouldn't connect.

You weren't kidding, I was very disappointed to be honest. Was getting and sending texts alright just livescore.com wouldn't connect.

It's so frustrating, you get to the point where the blue loading thing has gone all the way up then it says 'network busy, do you want to go to old page' or something like that

then you get Inter 0-1 Bayern from Wednesday night, sigh :(

Guest LeazesLad

It's so frustrating, you get to the point where the blue loading thing has gone all the way up then it says 'network busy, do you want to go to old page' or something like that

then you get Inter 0-1 Bayern from Wednesday night, sigh :(

Aye exactly. Ewerk it doesn't connect to the net full stop. As soon as you get out the ground it works again, so annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone had any hassle with the power life of their Blackberry? I've only DL one app, Twitter for it, and I'll charge it so it's fully powered then 12 hours later it's dead. WTF is going on?

Anyone had any hassle with the power life of their Blackberry? I've only DL one app, Twitter for it, and I'll charge it so it's fully powered then 12 hours later it's dead. WTF is going on?

Fukushima.

My 8850 lasts 3 or 4 days no problem Stevie so that sounds iffy - though maybe you should check your wireless settings to ensure it switches off wi-fi if nothing is in range.