The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pele's one. Breitner?

both right Alex, 2 more, not mac's 2 though..

aye, I read the question wrong.

Zidane scored in 2006 and 98 iirc. Not sure about 98 though. Was that the one where Ronaldo was not going to play?

Aye. Played but didn't sccore in '98.

In fact, nar he did, he scored twice cos' I remember the 2nd was right on half time.

Sorry, I meant Ronaldo.

Presuming one of the Brazilans (other than Pele) scored in both 58 and 62 as they won both finals with quite a glut of goals. Couldn't tell you who like.

Youre spot on with your theory, I think he may have even played in a world cup before Pele made his debut...

If he scored in 1950 I demand a recount as there wasn't a final, strictly speaking, in 1950 :jesuswept:

PEDANTS CORNER! :D

Brazil played Sweden after a round robin, but they were one and two in the mini league only seperated by a point, the last game was between those two.

In 1958 there was a final, aye. In 1950 There was a final group of 4. It just so happened the decider was the final game between Brazil and Uruguay. If it had been a draw after 90 mins, Brazil would've won the trophy.

Last, last clue. Played for Sunderland in 73 and Blyth in 78.

Well this is the first one I don't know the answer to not gonna pretend I do.

Ron Guthrie.

Good question tbf. Just ran it through Google now and not a sniff.

Tbh, I've heard it as a quiz question but I do know for a fact he played in every round because I've asked him. I'm not convinced 100% he's the only one to have done it though. Although it would be virtually impossible for a player to do it nowadays because I think larger non-league sides haven't played all the qualifying rounds for years now.

Next time you see him, tell him that Stevie has never heard of him. :o

Nah like I say, wasn't doubting it. I just mean it's a good question as it doesn't come up automatically on a google search as far as I can see. Because Google can pretty much remove the whole point to these types of quizzes when people arent playing fairly.

Anyone that uses google is a cunt.

:jesuswept:

I never use it for stuff like this though as what would be the point? Only for checking summat afterwards/checking if it's already out there when setting a question.

What would sort the boys out from the men is a 30 second timer on the questions. There's questions answered by some in this thread and I've thought aye ye didnt even naa who John Anderson was let alone, that Raducioiu played in Spain.

Name and Shame!!!

:o

Well they've got three letters in their name and hair like Carlos Puyol.

:D Sworn enemy of Jerry?

Serious allegations here by Stevie.

Volvic at the ready

Presuming one of the Brazilans (other than Pele) scored in both 58 and 62 as they won both finals with quite a glut of goals. Couldn't tell you who like.

Youre spot on with your theory, I think he may have even played in a world cup before Pele made his debut...

If he scored in 1950 I demand a recount as there wasn't a final, strictly speaking, in 1950 :jesuswept:

Brazil played Sweden after a round robin, but they were one and two in the mini league only seperated by a point, the last game was between those two.

In 1958 there was a final, aye. In 1950 There was a final group of 4. It just so happened the decider was the final game between Brazil and Uruguay. If it had been a draw after 90 mins, Brazil would've won the trophy.

When was Sweden then?...54?

I think Sweden was '58, wasn't it? Brazil beat them in the final. West Germany beat Hungary (the latter being red hot favourites) in '54. Was that in Switzerland? I think it was anyway.

I think the 1950 is the only World Cup without a 'final', even if it was, in effect, a final.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Which clubs player famously followed through on the pitch in 1991, and a ballboy had to come on the pitch with some bog roll?

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I think Sweden was '58, wasn't it? Brazil beat them in the final. West Germany beat Hungary (the latter being red hot favourites) in '54. Was that in Switzerland? I think it was anyway.

I think the 1950 is the only World Cup without a 'final', even if it was, in effect, a final.

No youre spot on, but I think it was the same thing in 58, where it was the last game of a round robin mini league thing.

Edited by PaddockLad

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Which clubs player famously followed through on the pitch in 1991, and a ballboy had to come on the pitch with some bog roll?

:jesuswept: As in, sharted?

Aye, he was a black bloke in glasses. It's something you'd either know or not that answer is Torquay.

Who is the ex Aberdeen star who appeared on Top of the Pops twice on the same night?

Quality question

That's got to be someone for the Scotland 78 World Cup squad shirley?

No, little bit later....

Willie Miller? Pure guess like.

Who is the ex Aberdeen star who appeared on Top of the Pops twice on the same night?

Quality question

No, little bit later....

Either him or one of Alex McLeish, Mark McGhee or Eric Black

Quality question

No, little bit later....

No, if you're under 35 ish you've no chance but I do remember it.....he wasnt playing for Aberdeen at the time....

Quality question

No, little bit later....

Either him or one of Alex McLeish, Mark McGhee or Eric Black

No, but the world cup thing was on the right tracks....why else would a footballer appear on totp if it wasnt a world cup record?....he was "performing" both times too....

Or Gordon Strachan.

No, its a "know it or dont know it" question like....as I say, he wasnt at Aberdeen at the time and it wasnt Aberdeen anyway....what other teams wouldve had a record out in 82?...its a very shrewdly worded question..