Your three favourite films of all time

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Dieter Needs to Fly

Good Bad Ugly

Police Story (the one with the bus stunt, can't remember if that's 1 or 2)

First one I think. It was a fuck up as well :calmdown:

I know, that looked fucking painful. JC is the best film-stunt-guy ever imo. I've not seen any of his films with Sammo Hung, but I love that guy too; used to love Martial Law when that was on telly, quality kung-fu scenes. Actually I'm lying I saw Meals on Wheels which had Sammo in, was ok. Fucking stupid story but the fight scenes at the end are awesome.

"Did you see LeFleurs out there"?

"No".

"Good, thought we were in trouble for minute".

*Half the mexican army camped outside. :calmdown:

:(

"What's the matter with you?"

"I can't swim!"

"Are you crazy, the fall will probably kill you!"

You'd probs enjoy Wyatt Earp and Tombstone.

Seen Tombstone and enjoyed it plenty. Googling Wyatt Earp brings up shit reviews but I could be looking at the wrong one. Kevin Costner?

if we're talking honk kong cinema my faves would have to be the killer and hard boiled

Quality. Infernal Affairs trilogy as well. Election is class too.

mike leigh's naked is also a personal fave. fuck it. a top 3 or a top 10 is just impossible.

Think we've spoke about it before but it's totally underrated. Even as a Mike Leigh film. It wasn't on general release for ages iirc.

"Are you taking the piss?"

"I thought you were giving it away."

"Did you see LeFleurs out there"?

"No".

"Good, thought we were in trouble for minute".

*Half the mexican army camped outside. :(

:blush:

"What's the matter with you?"

"I can't swim!"

"Are you crazy, the fall will probably kill you!"

You'd probs enjoy Wyatt Earp and Tombstone.

Seen Tombstone and enjoyed it plenty. Googling Wyatt Earp brings up shit reviews but I could be looking at the wrong one. Kevin Costner?

I think it's good. Trust me. :calmdown:

3.10 from Yuma has a massive gun battle at the end. Mega.

As daft as it sounds I could've predicted a lot of peoples fav films on here you know.

:calmdown:

Anyway, Butch Cassidy and Sundance is a belter, and, (I think) Jimbo mentioned Apocolypto which genuinely surprised me when I watched it as I was expecting it to be shit and it was as Jimbo says. Shawshank is a good film made better by Morgan Freemans narrating, you get a lump in your throat when you think he's going to top himself like the old lad once he gets out of jail.

Like a bit of classic David Lean as well like. Great Expectations, Bridge on the River Kwai and so on.

Edited by alex

Like a bit of classic David Lean as well like. Great Expectations, Bridge on the River Kwai and so on.

I used to love watching Oliver Twist at me gran's when I was a kid.

On the subject of Paul Newman, I really like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. We had to watch it in A-Level English and I was the only one that liked it.

On the subject of Paul Newman, I really like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. We had to watch it in A-Level English and I was the only one that liked it.

In my top ten and got it for xmas after having had it on VHS for donkeys. The film's hardly good source material if you're studying the book like.

Paul Newman actually better looking than Liz Taylor in the lead roles.

Ditto. Good film. Cool Hand Luke is another classic of his.