Your three favourite films of all time

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Rosemary's Baby

The Graduate

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

From when Blondie fires the cannon to when Tuco is opening Arch Stanton's grave, is the best background music in any film ever in human history, has the potential to put hairs on the beck of your neck even after you've seen it 100 times.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many favourites in this thread,

Withnail and I

Naked

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Lord of the Rings

Amelie to mention just a few

I'll add ;

Where Eagles Dare

Mean Streets

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Bullitt

The Great Escape

Apocalypse Now

Raging Bull

Anvil - The story of Anvil

Fight Club

Impossible to pin it down to 3 mind

Yojimbo is class as well (basis for A Fist Full of Dollars). Obviously The Seven Samurai is more celebrated but it's hard work by comparison.

Like a bit of classic David Lean as well like. Great Expectations, Bridge on the River Kwai and so on.

I used to love watching Oliver Twist at me gran's when I was a kid.

On the subject of Paul Newman, I really like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. We had to watch it in A-Level English and I was the only one that liked it.

In my top ten and got it for xmas after having had it on VHS for donkeys. The film's hardly good source material if you're studying the book like.

Paul Newman actually better looking than Liz Taylor in the lead roles.

I remember thinking that when I was reading it and I know Tennessee Williams hates the adaptation as well so it's a mystery why they showed it to us tbh. Probably to keep us quiet for a bit.

And too rights on the last bit, I remember all the lasses fancying him after it. We got plenty of Liz Taylor when we watched Taming of the Shrew though. When she's got that corset on :calmdown: Smashing when you're 15.

So many favourites in this thread,

Withnail and I

Naked

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Lord of the Rings

Amelie to mention just a few

I'll add ;

Where Eagles Dare

Mean Streets

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Bullitt

The Great Escape

Apocalypse Now

Raging Bull

Anvil - The story of Anvil

Fight Club

Impossible to pin it down to 3 mind

Absolute stone cold christmas film must. :calmdown:

Rosemary's Baby

The Graduate

From when Blondie fires the cannon to when Tuco is opening Arch Stanton's grave, is the best background music in any film ever in human history, has the potential to put hairs on the beck of your neck even after you've seen it 100 times.

Wouldn't argue with a word of that.

The bit where Tuco's getting weighed in by that big hairy gripper in the POW camp-genius counterpointing of violence and soft music. First time I'd seen that done though I'm sure someone better versed in cine history will tell me it wasn't a first.

i think trading places is probably my most watched film ever. love it. not sure it'd make my top 10 though

mine too, especially the bit when Jamie Leigh Curtis gets her norks out, magical !

Rosemary's Baby

The Graduate

The bit where Tuco's getting weighed in by that big hairy gripper in the POW camp-genius counterpointing of violence and soft music. First time I'd seen that done though I'm sure someone better versed in cine history will tell me it wasn't a first.

It wasn't a first

Rosemary's Baby

The Graduate

It wasn't a first

You learn something every day tbh.

Rosemary's Baby

The Graduate

It wasn't a first

:calmdown:

Rosemary's Baby

The Graduate

Aye when they're all singing playing the flute. One of my favourite bits of the film when Tuco kills him the fat bastard. You can't help but love Tuco so many contradictions from him. The bit where they're leaving the monestary where Blondie's been recovering they get on the horse, Tuco says to Blondie "he loves me brother he always says pop by for a nice bowl of soup", and Blondie gives a class smile cos he's just seen them knocking ten colours of shite out of each other :calmdown:

Rosemary's Baby

The Graduate

Aye when they're all singing playing the flute. One of my favourite bits of the film when Tuco kills him the fat bastard. You can't help but love Tuco so many contradictions from him. The bit where they're leaving the monestary where Blondie's been recovering they get on the horse, Tuco says to Blondie "he loves me brother he always says pop by for a nice bowl of soup", and Blondie gives a class smile cos he's just seen them knocking ten colours of shite out of each other :calmdown:

:(

Tuco's fucking class.

Rocky - Must be one of the most aped films in history. Love everything about it.

The Goonies - Loved it as a kid and still love it today. Must have seen it 100 times

Terminator - Cos it could happen :calmdown:

Notable mentions for Beverly Hills Cop, Big Trouble in Little China, The Warriors and a ton more that I can watch without ever getting sick

None of the Rocky films are in my top 5, but I love them all even 5 and 6. I'd say I've watched Rocky 4 more than any other film.

Rocky 4 is class in the same way Aliens is class. But from a film making point of view the originals of both are untouchable. The fact that Sly wrote, directed and acted it make it even better.

You've got me humming Hearts On Fire here.

21st century:

of time and the city

the return

tropical malady

all time:

winter light

mirror

ordet

Got a Tarkosky in there an everything. :(

tarkovsky is my boy. :calmdown:

Remember writing long winded claptrap essays, riddled with hock poetics about Mirror and the like....Saw Ivan's childhood on a tiny screen at the Barbican once,

Gone for 10 :/ must admit i love movies so too hard too choose and even this list, movies like city of god, the first batman, carlito's way scarface etc but these ones i'd watch happily over and over again.

Platoon

Back to the Future

The Good The Bad The Ugly

A Fistfull of Dollars

Goodfellas

Leon

Godfather

--my good mood movies

The Princess Bride

Goonies

Ferris Bulleur's Day Off

(just downloading The Searchers at the minute and the original True Grit)

Just watched those two and the new Grit last week.

Searchers is immense.

Westerns

Shane

GB&U

Magnificent Seven

Scifi

Bladerunner

Rollerball (james Caan)

Any of the StarWars

chronologically mixed up

snatch

fight club

amores perros

comedy

xmas vacation

pink panther

dumb and dumber

clint eastwood westerns

high plains drifter

GB&U

unforgiven

three seems like too few so i broke them down a bit....still i know i am missing some and agree with most of what i've seen posted as well