The Strokes

System Of A Down

Talib Kweli

Travis

Wilco

X-zibit

Some once, some ten times.

You Win :icon_lol:

I'm drooling over some of those! Would love to see Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Also Radiohead and Mercury Rev!

:icon_lol:

There's lots missing. Just remembered I went to see Paloma Faith last month :icon_lol:

Not seen Satriani or Vai in a few years, but I went to every tour for about ten years from the age of 16....seeing Satch at The Albert Hall was quality....which reminds me I missed off Alanis Morrisette :icon_lol: and Eric Clapton who were on in Hyde park the same weekend(with Bob Dylan).

Radiohead still probably top the list as the best live show I've been to.

What live bands or stand up comedians have you seen?

have you ever seen a live sex show TR?

Yes I have actually, in Amsterdam. Its gotta be done!

Was that the name of the show?

For some reason the name of the show escapes me! :icon_lol:

From my ipod, I've seen....

Aerosmith

Arcade Fire

Aspects

Battles

Beastie Boys

The Bees

The Black Crows

Black Grape

Blink-182

Bob Dylan

The Boy Least Likely To

Brian May

The Coral

The Darkness

Deftones

DJ Yoda

The Dodos

Eels

Eminem

Extreme

Foo Fighters

Goldie Lookin Chain

Green Day

Guns N' Roses

Hot Chip

James Brown

Joanna Newsom

Joe Satriani

Josh Ritter

Kings of leon

Lenny Kravitz

Limp Bizkit

Manic Street Preachers

Marilyn Manson

Matthew Dear

Mercury Rev

Metallica

Michael Buble

Modest Mouse

Muse

Neko Case

Oasis

Primal Scream

The Prodigy

Public Enemy

Queens of the Stoneage

Radiohead

Rage against the machine

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rihanna

Roots manuva

Run DMC

Slipknot

Stereophonics

Steve Vai

The Strokes

System Of A Down

Talib Kweli

Travis

Wilco

X-zibit

Some once, some ten times.

You Win :icon_lol:

I'm drooling over some of those! Would love to see Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Also Radiohead and Mercury Rev!

There's lots missing. Just remembered I went to see Paloma Faith last month :icon_lol:

Not seen Satriani or Vai in a few years, but I went to every tour for about ten years from the age of 16....seeing Satch at The Albert Hall was quality....which reminds me I missed off Alanis Morrisette :icon_lol: and Eric Clapton who were on in Hyde park the same weekend(with Bob Dylan).

Radiohead still probably top the list as the best live show I've been to.

Have to admit, some of them I've never heard of! Awesome to have seen Radiohead, I wanted to see them but no one I know was that fussed on going at the time :icon_lol:

Have to admit, some of them I've never heard of! Awesome to have seen Radiohead, I wanted to see them but no one I know was that fussed on going at the time :icon_lol:

I bought a ticket to see Sunn O))) on my own at the Sage because no-one else fancied it ....but I didn't use it....it is a bit weird to stand on your todd.

Probably a bit sadder to miss a band I really want to see like. I'll always regret that.

What were Battles like live, HF?

Really good.

Played Northumbria uni, the second stage, which is a tiny room. Absolutley heaving. Reminded me of Radiohead, all the nob tweaking and building to a crescendo. Drummer is incredible. Takes centre stage with his cymbal 6ft in the air. Puts on a hell of a show.

Really good.

Played Northumbria uni, the second stage, which is a tiny room. Absolutley heaving. Reminded me of Radiohead, all the nob tweaking and building to a crescendo. Drummer is incredible. Takes centre stage with his cymbal 6ft in the air. Puts on a hell of a show.

Sounds great. One for the list!

Really good.

Supposed to be finishing an album and touring this year...though Tyondai Braxton (vocals, guitar, keyboards) has left, so I'm not sure what they'll sound like now.

The best live act I can remember seeing was Backyard Babies, a Swedish punk band that I randomly encountered in a festival tent a few years back.

Shite otherwise but they put on a good show without any of the lights, stage props etc. that you get with larger bands' tours.

Really good.

Supposed to be finishing an album and touring this year...though Tyondai Braxton (vocals, guitar, keyboards) has left, so I'm not sure what they'll sound like now.

Lovely, I'll keep an eye/ear out for them.

Really good.

Braxton was Battles. quite worried about their sophomore album tbh.

Really good.

Nee offence like, but I fucking hate that phrase.

Have to admit, some of them I've never heard of! Awesome to have seen Radiohead, I wanted to see them but no one I know was that fussed on going at the time ;)

I bought a ticket to see Sunn O))) on my own at the Sage because no-one else fancied it ....but I didn't use it....it is a bit weird to stand on your todd.

Probably a bit sadder to miss a band I really want to see like. I'll always regret that.

Was that a couple of years ago with Om as support? Saw them at Koko, you missed out :wank:

I've been to a few gigs on my own if the band in question doesn't come around very often, have met some canny people as a result, too. Normally only in smaller venues, mind.

Really good.

Nee offence like, but I fucking hate that phrase.

almost as annoying as 'the difficult second album'

Other favourites ive seen include

The Strokes, The Pogues (the other week), The Libertines, Arcade Fire, Blondie, Bon Iver, Oasis x2, Ocean Colour Scene, Manics, Jay-Z (surprising), Eagles of Death Metal, The Specials, Doves, Arctic Monkeys, The Cribs

• 3 years later...

Hugely tempted by Underworld playing dubnobasswithmyheadman @ the sage on 14th march next year, tkts on sale 9am tomorrow. Hall 2, anyone been to a gig there? Is it seated because lot of the other venues they're plying on this jaunt appear to be?

http://www.sagegateshead.com/event/underworld/

Edited by PaddockLad