Overtaking Sunderland

Christmas Tree

CT, if you're so bothered about the things you've listed, how come you think this season just keeps getting better and better, given two of the things are now impossible, one is highly unlikely and the last one isn't exactly on the cards? It's almost like you haven't thought this through.

:lol:

Sense and stability at NUFC

Pardew a step in the right direction

Carver a good move

Good players signed up on good contracts

Ben Arfa made permanent

no more silly money on journeymen

4 points off the mackems

still on course for europe

all good

Yeah all good. The thing is though, it's a mediocre season by our recent(-ish) standards at the same time. So you're basically having a pop at people for not caring about the things you listed (FA Cup, Europe, etc.). That in itself isn't accurate though since, although we all do care, we've just accepted this season as being successful in the context of the expectations we had when it started. Which is exactly what you must be doing in order to be so pleased with the way things are going.

Not true.

Some people are genuinely uninterested in the things I mentioned.

And all this "squads not big enough" baloney is bollocks. Ofcourse we will ALWAYS want better than we have, to use that as an excuse not to want to progress in the cup or get into Europe is very sad.

The club is blatantly rebuilding and blatantly in a better position than when Shepherd sold it.

I want to be in every cup and qualify for Europe.

And all this talk of survival is rubbish as well. Never mind the ifs and buts, if anyone on here still thinks we won't survive, then say so.

I disagree with some points you've made there and agree with others. However, I was making a point that anyone happy with the season / unconcerned with cup exits is merely so in the context of expectations. So you're no different to anyone else on that score. Where you differ is how optimistic you are about the future etc. which is a different thing.

Edited by alex

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
It doesn't take much to be banned from another clubs forum tbh. Banned off RAWK for calling them wall pushers in retaliation to them saying we're a shit support for hounding out Allardyce. Banned off followfollow for telling them they'd be no bigger than Aberdeen without the bigotry which has provided financial windfalls and Presbyterian image of the club, and banned off the Leeds board for saying they're a bunch of sheep shaggin cunts in a rugby town. Everyone of them things if you know and understand football are difficult to argue with, so it's not like I was being a prick like some of the people who come on here from other clubs.

So CT no I generally don't use other sides MBs so your argument is null and void.

I think most who have being around here a few years no different and that your obsession with other clubs, their cities, their fans and their message boards verges on legendary. :nah:

Your English is fuckin pish, which marries well with the points you try to convey. It's funny that you assume knowledge of football and other football clubs must exclusively come from the internet :lol: . What is also telling is your lack of desire to discuss anything from years gone by. If you went pre Keegan I've got a 12 inch cock.

Stevie, Re: Hounding out allardyce / wall-pushers, would it not have been better to just simply argue the case that we didnt hound him out? Ask them for what they based that on first, then explain the support at the Wigan (and Stoke?) matches, the murmurs of discontent at home but the complete absence of any suggestions of Keegan. Explain that there was unhappiness but as ever enough people (especially away) giving him plenty of backing that the idea of him being hounded out had to be nonsense.

I had dinner with a Charlton / Man U fan last night and he goes the situation at Liverpool is just like it was at Newcastle. Everyone seems to think that but no one wants to look at it objectively and rationally. After i had said my piece last night he basically agreed that there is very little that is similar between Hodgson being literally hounded out by the fans and their clamouring for King Kenny and what happened here a couple of years back.

Winds me right up to hear people saying the two situations are the same.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Stevie, Re: Hounding out allardyce / wall-pushers, would it not have been better to just simply argue the case that we didnt hound him out? Ask them for what they based that on first, then explain the support at the Wigan (and Stoke?) matches, the murmurs of discontent at home but the complete absence of any suggestions of Keegan. Explain that there was unhappiness but as ever enough people (especially away) giving him plenty of backing that the idea of him being hounded out had to be nonsense.

I had dinner with a Charlton / Man U fan last night and he goes the situation at Liverpool is just like it was at Newcastle. Everyone seems to think that but no one wants to look at it objectively and rationally. After i had said my piece last night he basically agreed that there is very little that is similar between Hodgson being literally hounded out by the fans and their clamouring for King Kenny and what happened here a couple of years back.

Winds me right up to hear people saying the two situations are the same.

I did. Particularly the Stoke game where I told them FSA was given a standing ovation after the most dour 0-0 draw I've ever seen with 5,500 toon fans behind the goal on a Sunday neet. They came back with the abuse we gave him when they beat us 0-3 made his position untenable, I was like what taking an attacking player off for a defensive on 0-2 down at home, then they said we did the same with King Kenny and fuckin Gullit, SBR etc.. so every mans got a temper threshold, and mines shorter than most trying to communicate with those dwarf like tracksuited rodents, so I snapped and mentioned how shit their support is, Heysel, Thatcher, Bulger, 29% on benefits the kitchen sink basically. Blaze of glory in a message board sense though.

It doesn't take much to be banned from another clubs forum tbh. Banned off RAWK for calling them wall pushers in retaliation to them saying we're a shit support for hounding out Allardyce. Banned off followfollow for telling them they'd be no bigger than Aberdeen without the bigotry which has provided financial windfalls and Presbyterian image of the club, and banned off the Leeds board for saying they're a bunch of sheep shaggin cunts in a rugby town. Everyone of them things if you know and understand football are difficult to argue with, so it's not like I was being a prick like some of the people who come on here from other clubs.

So CT no I generally don't use other sides MBs so your argument is null and void.

I think most who have being around here a few years no different and that your obsession with other clubs, their cities, their fans and their message boards verges on legendary. :lol:

Your English is fuckin pish, which marries well with the points you try to convey. It's funny that you assume knowledge of football and other football clubs must exclusively come from the internet :nah: . What is also telling is your lack of desire to discuss anything from years gone by. If you went pre Keegan I've got a 12 inch cock.

What's knowledge of football got to do with this discussion :lol: This was all about your statement that your interested in no other club than Newcastle. ( usual rant and rave bollocks ).

With regard to pre keegan games.......Dear me! How old are you? :lol:

Once the next 8 games are over I think we could not only be safe, but also have overtaken Sunderland with a five point cushion. I have tried to temper my optimistic outlook with a view to potential results.

Sunderland

Blackpool A 0

Chelsea H 1

Stoke A 1

Spurs H 0

Everton A 1

Arsenal A 0

Liverpool H 1

Man City A 0

Giving them 38 points

Newcastle

Spurs H 0

Fulham A 3

Arsenal H 0

Blackburn A 1

Birmingham A 3

Bolton H 3

Everton H 3

Stoke A 1

Giving us 43 Points

Its fair to say that following these 8 games, their run in looks easier than ours so it could be a photo finish for Top North East Team.

So giving Sunderland 4 points out of the next 8 games ? excactly what are you basing this on ? some right toppers knocking about here

Once the next 8 games are over I think we could not only be safe, but also have overtaken Sunderland with a five point cushion. I have tried to temper my optimistic outlook with a view to potential results.

Sunderland

Blackpool A 0

Chelsea H 1

Stoke A 1

Spurs H 0

Everton A 1

Arsenal A 0

Liverpool H 1

Man City A 0

Giving them 38 points

Newcastle

Spurs H 0

Fulham A 3

Arsenal H 0

Blackburn A 1

Birmingham A 3

Bolton H 3

Everton H 3

Stoke A 1

Giving us 43 Points

Its fair to say that following these 8 games, their run in looks easier than ours so it could be a photo finish for Top North East Team.

So giving Sunderland 4 points out of the next 8 games ? excactly what are you basing this on ? some right toppers knocking about here

Them being a selling club and selling their best player I think.

"We are not going to replace someone like him perfectly in the next 10 days. We might find a bit of a solution, we'll see.

Aye, they sound damn confident of spending it and strengthening.

"We are not going to replace someone like him perfectly in the next 10 days. We might find a bit of a solution, we'll see.

Aye, they sound damn confident of spending it and strengthening.

Obviously DJ Campbell is not for sale in the next ten days, but there is better players than him out there

• 3 months later...

Mackems have the easier run in, but they do have an injury crisis that matches even us at our worst over the years, and not many clubs have done that! I think it could be very tight as to who finishesd higher and it probably won't be by more than a point or two.

Either way, with the amount of money they've spent, they should have been aiming to finish a lot higher than us.

When u think of the amount they've spent since they first got in to the prem its shocking that they've essentially been involved in or close to a relegation battle every season. Sad that we havent come close to spending what they have though as who knows where we'd be.

Either way, with the amount of money they've spent, they should have been aiming to finish a lot higher than us.

When u think of the amount they've spent since they first got in to the prem its shocking that they've essentially been involved in or close to a relegation battle every season. Sad that we havent come close to spending what they have though as who knows where we'd be.

I am certain we'll kick on next year, just can't wait for this one to just end, its has been a nightmare.

Being honest I'm not arsed if we finish above you, I just want to finish as high up as possible. Top 8 is still on, we played better yesterday without a striker on the pitch, weird.

You've overachieved to be fair.

If someone told me at the start of the season Newcastle would be 9th with 4 games remaining I would have pissed myself laughing.

Our target at the start of the season was a top 10 finish and we are on course to do that.

Also, regarding money spent, I'm sure that since Bruce took over our net transfer spend is pretty close to zero so we may have spent alot, but we've also recouped a vast amount.

We'll finish above you at the end of the season and be in a prime position to push on again next year.

We've overachieved, have we? Just like last year, when people were saying we'd do a Leeds?

Face it, people WANT Newcastle to do badly.

We've overachieved in comparison to what we've spent (opposite to Sunderland), but the table doesn't lie. We got rid of wasters like Owen, Martins, Duff, Bassong, Beye and Viduka and have repalced them with Best, Williamson, Tiote and Simpson. Also, Nolan has really been a revelation.