Overtaking Sunderland

Christmas Tree

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Stevie man, you've got us down for nee losses in 8 games. We can't have managed that in the top flight for half a decade! ;)

Didn't Souness, of all people, take us on a 7 game unbeaten run when he first came in?

Aye but some of them were against economic refugee teams from Eastern Bloc countries and that Bnei Sakhnin.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie man, you've got us down for nee losses in 8 games. We can't have managed that in the top flight for half a decade! :icon_lol:

Didn't Souness, of all people, take us on a 7 game unbeaten run when he first came in?

Aye but some of them were against economic refugee teams from Eastern Bloc countries and that Bnei Sakhnin.

Aye, and 7 isn't 8 either. ;)

Anyway 5/2 I'll take some of those odds. If it comes off it'll cover the train fare and if not then fuck it. In for a penny.

Top North East team ;) Sunderland have come in the top 10 twice in 50 year. TWICE. We've proven over two games we are superior to them and I believe at the end of the season the table will tell no lies.

Means nowt though do it? We turned Chelsea over and will probably get something from them again at the SOL, they will still finish above us.

Not bothered about where we finish in relation to Sunderland, it's all about survival for me.

This thread is petty and something we ridicule them for doing. A thread concerning the mathematics and predictions to doing with us staying up however is something I'd take a keen interest in.

We only need 10 points to stay up, might not even need that many. Relegation is no longer on the agenda. I think we'd all take 50 points, if I'm right we'll be 45 from 30 played.

There's still only the 7 points between us and 18th.

As things stand we should be fine but I've supported this club long enough to know to never take anything for granted.

We've definitely done better than I thought we would have. To put it into perspective, if we'd held on for the win on Sunday we'd be in 7th, 2 points off that lot in 6th, and with a game in hand. Pardew has done pretty well too - if we'd won it would have been 4 league wins out of 6.

I'm just nervous about us going on another dodgy run. West Ham - for the most of the season - are the only side who have been consistently poor. Wigan will probably cling on to survival and Wolves have the self-belief. Blackpool might fall off a bit as the season wears on but there's not been a clear relegation candidate like in previous years. No Portsmouth or Burnley etc.

We're on course.

It's a crazy tight table. Every win or loss can make a big difference.

Don't care where Sunderland are on the table as long as we're safe. A few more wins under the belt quickly and I'll stop worrying about the wheels falling off. I don't think it's at all likely, but you just never know.

The best thing is I'm enjoying watching us play and go into every match thinking that we could get a win. That definitely wasn't the case in 2008/09 where we were diabolically bad to watch. With 16 games left we need only 5 more goals to equal our total from that entire season.

We need to play our own game against Spurs if we want something from the game. The way we played against them at their place was pathetic. It was a Stoke/Hull'esque tactic of trying to spoil their game instead of trying to play ours.

Having Andy Carroll back will be very important against their defense who aren't that good and don't get much help from their attack minded midfield.

I'm more worried about which shirt Carroll will be wearing on Saturday tbh.

We need to play our own game against Spurs if we want something from the game. The way we played against them at their place was pathetic. It was a Stoke/Hull'esque tactic of trying to spoil their game instead of trying to play ours.

Having Andy Carroll back will be very important against their defense who aren't that good and don't get much help from their attack minded midfield.

I'm more worried about which shirt Carroll will be wearing on Saturday tbh.

I reckon there's a fair chance he won't be playing at all, but no chance that he'll be playing for them.

Top North East team ;) Sunderland have come in the top 10 twice in 50 year. TWICE. We've proven over two games we are superior to them and I believe at the end of the season the table will tell no lies.

This, basically.

Even last season, us in the Championship,mackems in the PL, we were the top North East club. Always have been.

Means nowt though do it? We turned Chelsea over and will probably get something from them again at the SOL, they will still finish above us.

It would be a different story if the results were reversed tbh

And you know it.

Tottenham 0 points. ZERO POINTS?

2010/2011 Tue 28 Dec Tottenham H. 2 - 0 Newcastle Utd. Premier League

2008/2009 Sun 19 Apr Tottenham H. 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd. Premier League

Sun 21 Dec Newcastle Utd. 2 - 1 Tottenham H. Premier League

2007/2008 Sun 30 Mar Tottenham H. 1 - 4 Newcastle Utd. Premier League

Mon 22 Oct Newcastle Utd. 3 - 1 Tottenham H. Premier League

2006/2007 Sun 14 Jan Tottenham H. 2 - 3 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sat 23 Dec Newcastle Utd. 3 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

2005/2006 Sat 01 Apr Newcastle Utd. 3 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

2004/2005 Sun 13 Mar Newcastle Utd. 1 - 0 Tottenham H. F.A. Cup

Sat 21 Aug Newcastle Utd. 0 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

2003/2004 Sat 13 Dec Newcastle Utd. 4 - 0 Tottenham H. Premiership

2002/2003 Wed 29 Jan Tottenham H. 0 - 1 Newcastle Utd. Premiership

Sun 29 Dec Newcastle Utd. 2 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

2001/2002 Sun 21 Oct Newcastle Utd. 0 - 2 Tottenham H. Premiership

2000/2001 Sat 26 Aug Newcastle Utd. 2 - 0 Tottenham H. Premiership

1999/2000 Wed 22 Dec Newcastle Utd. 6 - 1 Tottenham H. F.A. Cup

Sun 28 Nov Newcastle Utd. 2 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

1998/1999 Sun 11 Apr Newcastle Utd. 2 - 0 Tottenham H. F.A. Cup

after extra time, 90 minutes 0-0; played at Old Trafford

Mon 05 Apr Newcastle Utd. 1 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

1997/1998 Sat 04 Oct Newcastle Utd. 1 - 0 Tottenham H. Premiership

1996/1997 Sat 28 Dec Newcastle Utd. 7 - 1 Tottenham H. Premiership

Tottenham shit themelves when they play here. The only big ground they've won at in the last 5 or 6 years is the Emirates, they're shit scared here, at Analfied, at OT, at the Bridge, but here is a real gypsy curse ground for them. They always look like rabbits in the headlights, can't believe a so called toon fan would say we'll get no points at home to them. They're not that good and like I say, with 50000 behind us they hold no fears for me. I've always held the opinion we should win all our home games regardless who we play, and this Saturday will be no different. I'll bet you 50 quid now we get a result. Get hold of Bale and we'll be fine.

if we had carroll playing, yes, i'd agree about that. if we get an early goal however i think we can do them.... I hope so as i hate that spiv harry redknapp.

I think Redknapp is having a very subtle PR campaign to convince people they're amazing. They're far from amazing. They were totally shit first half against us down there. See Redknapp telling everyone they're title contenders, when they're blatantly not. They don't have enough grit about them regardless of their technical players. Redknapp's crack over the last seven days "I wuttun syy we wuz better than United just yet." So what are you saying you're just as good as them? Fucking egotistical tosser of a man. People go on about their win over Inter Milan, Inter were in their worst run in 8 years losing to sides like fuckin Lecce never mind Tottenham, and they still managed to go in 4-0 down at HT against them in the away game.

They're a good side on their day, but depending on who we can put out I will always fancy us at home against these. Their record up here is shit, they don't like it up here, IIRC their record at the mackems isn't too hot, either. We've regularly done these and done them good and proper. Redknap has the media eating out of his hand hence his shock in the rare event he gets stick off the odd one.

It's utterly pathetic even hinting otherwise.

As if Sunderland are onto ''bigger things''. :lol:

They still have to go through Brucie's annual bad spell.

I heard a bit of the mackem phone in on Radio Newcastle. (What a fucking disgrace that station is, by the way, John Anderson should tell them to stick it), mackem presenter and fat warty cunt Gabbiadini wondering that Barton could've been sent off for time wasting as he'd already been booked!!!! Jesus Christ!!!! But the real beauty was this air of indifference he gave off with SAFC going for bigger things and having a wonderful season and NUFC fans only having the derbies to think about, (Jesus, the irony!!). Fuck me, we win a game in hand and we're ONE point behind them. Had we got the deserved win on sunday we'd be above them, Marco, marco, you're kidding no cunt, if wishful thinking was an olympic sport this twat would be on the podium with a gold medal on his chest. The presenter is a prick as well.

Anyway, when we've finished above them in the past on numerous occasions, they were well behind us. If they manage to finish above us this year the gap will be nowhere near as big.

And getting back to Spurs, any club with TWO players called Jermaine in their side aren't going to fancy coming up here. 'They don't have to take their.....clothes off, to have a good time, no, no. They could dance at parties, all night and drink some cherry wine, ah-ha"

Gobsmacking to hear some saying they are not bothered where we finish compared to Sunderland :lol: A bit more understandable for the out of towners, but not locals.

We are well and truly safe, have no chance of being relegated and anyone who thinks differently is simply mad or too pessamistic for words.

I keep hearing things on here such as.....

Not bothered about the FA CUP

Not bothered about the league cup

Not bothered about Europe

Not bothered about finishing higher than Sunderland.

What are you bothered about??????

Sad, very sad.

Gobsmacking to hear some saying they are not bothered where we finish compared to Sunderland :nah: A bit more understandable for the out of towners, but not locals.

We are well and truly safe, have no chance of being relegated and anyone who thinks differently is simply mad or too pessamistic for words.

Sad, very sad.

Getting my end away? :lol:

Gobsmacking to hear some saying they are not bothered where we finish compared to Sunderland :nah: A bit more understandable for the out of towners, but not locals.

Sad, very sad.

Getting my end away? :lol:

I'm not bothered about finishing above anyone as long as we end up with a decent place in the league. We're not going to get Europe, we were never going to win a cup with a tiny squad and what have Sunderland got to do with our season? The cheek calling nobody in the thread local btw :lol:

Sad, very sad.

Attending matches? :lol:

I think Redknapp is having a very subtle PR campaign to convince people they're amazing. They're far from amazing. They were totally shit first half against us down there. See Redknapp telling everyone they're title contenders, when they're blatantly not. They don't have enough grit about them regardless of their technical players. Redknapp's crack over the last seven days "I wuttun syy we wuz better than United just yet." So what are you saying you're just as good as them? Fucking egotistical tosser of a man. People go on about their win over Inter Milan, Inter were in their worst run in 8 years losing to sides like fuckin Lecce never mind Tottenham, and they still managed to go in 4-0 down at HT against them in the away game.

There's something wrong with Modric as well, played so deep against manure.

There's something wrong with Modric as well, played so deep against manure.

Hadn't read Stevie's post but made a similar point in another thread about how they aren't doing all that well. They're doing alright of course. Btw, it's about 20 league games since they last beat Man Utd or something daft like that.