Overtaking Sunderland

Christmas Tree

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I'm not bothered about finishing above anyone as long as we end up with a decent place in the league. We're not going to get Europe, we were never going to win a cup with a tiny squad and what have Sunderland got to do with our season? The cheek calling nobody in the thread local btw :lol:

Saved me the hassle of saying what I wanted to say. The cheek bit too :nah: all of this coming from a mid 40's bloke who lives a Rory Delap throw from the Stadium of Shite.

Fuck Sunderland if some Sheikh bought them tomorrow and won them the league next year, I wouldn't give a fuck if we came 4th top. The difference between toon fans from proper Newcastle areas i.e The Toon, parts of Gateshead and North Tyneside, and other toon fans from your split areas is, we don't give a fuck about what they do, we rarely encounter mackems, we concentrate on the toon fuck every cunt else!

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once Carroll and The Tank are back we'll go unbeaten at home. Bafra in Feb as well.

i agree with that sentiment parky. we've weathered a difficult run of games and come out of it with some decent results and in a good position in the league. with those three players all set to return i can see us having a decent end to the season. i'm confident of a solid mid table finish though whether that will be enough to move us above sunderland remains to be seen. 50 points would be an excellent return and we're on track to get around that total. our form would have to nosedive pretty spectacularly for us to end up with less than 40 points.

CT, if you're so bothered about the things you've listed, how come you think this season just keeps getting better and better, given two of the things are now impossible, one is highly unlikely and the last one isn't exactly on the cards? It's almost like you haven't thought this through.

I'm not bothered about finishing above anyone as long as we end up with a decent place in the league. We're not going to get Europe, we were never going to win a cup with a tiny squad and what have Sunderland got to do with our season? The cheek calling nobody in the thread local btw :lol:

Saved me the hassle of saying what I wanted to say. The cheek bit too :nah: all of this coming from a mid 40's bloke who lives a Rory Delap throw from the Stadium of Shite.

Fuck Sunderland if some Sheikh bought them tomorrow and won them the league next year, I wouldn't give a fuck if we came 4th top. The difference between toon fans from proper Newcastle areas i.e The Toon, parts of Gateshead and North Tyneside, and other toon fans from your split areas is, we don't give a fuck about what they do, we rarely encounter mackems, we concentrate on the toon fuck every cunt else!

Aye the derby games are done for this year so I couldn't care less about the tramps, it's our 1st year back up and we're deein canny and that's all I care about. If we finish above them then normal service is resumed but I'm not arsed, them finishing above us doesn't make them 'top dogs' just have a look at both teams premier league positions over the year for proof. We've had hundreds of games in Europe, they've had 1 (?? some very low number for sure) point is they don't matter I give a shite around both derby matches otherwise I couldn't give a fuck.

I think Redknapp is having a very subtle PR campaign to convince people they're amazing. They're far from amazing. They were totally shit first half against us down there. See Redknapp telling everyone they're title contenders, when they're blatantly not. They don't have enough grit about them regardless of their technical players. Redknapp's crack over the last seven days "I wuttun syy we wuz better than United just yet." So what are you saying you're just as good as them? Fucking egotistical tosser of a man. People go on about their win over Inter Milan, Inter were in their worst run in 8 years losing to sides like fuckin Lecce never mind Tottenham, and they still managed to go in 4-0 down at HT against them in the away game.

There's something wrong with Modric as well, played so deep against manure.

Hadn't read Stevie's post but made a similar point in another thread about how they aren't doing all that well. They're doing alright of course. Btw, it's about 20 league games since they last beat Man Utd or something daft like that.

They would be more dangerous without Lennon (1 our of 7 crosses successful against manure). Should go 433 with Modric up and two holding Defoe and a roaming striker (But Keane is finished). Bale at left back with license to come up. Harry has been too old skool to really step up this season imo. Kranjcar should start.

Aye the derby games are done for this year so I couldn't care less about the tramps, it's our 1st year back up and we're deein canny and that's all I care about. If we finish above them then normal service is resumed but I'm not arsed, them finishing above us doesn't make them 'top dogs' just have a look at both teams premier league positions over the year for proof. We've had hundreds of games in Europe, they've had 1 (?? some very low number for sure) point is they don't matter I give a shite around both derby matches otherwise I couldn't give a fuck.

I'd have to check but I think they got knocked out in the 2nd round of the Cup Winner's Cup the year after they won the FA Cup. That was in '73 btw, in case you weren't aware of that after talking to them.

I think Redknapp is having a very subtle PR campaign to convince people they're amazing. They're far from amazing. They were totally shit first half against us down there. See Redknapp telling everyone they're title contenders, when they're blatantly not. They don't have enough grit about them regardless of their technical players. Redknapp's crack over the last seven days "I wuttun syy we wuz better than United just yet." So what are you saying you're just as good as them? Fucking egotistical tosser of a man. People go on about their win over Inter Milan, Inter were in their worst run in 8 years losing to sides like fuckin Lecce never mind Tottenham, and they still managed to go in 4-0 down at HT against them in the away game.

Hadn't read Stevie's post but made a similar point in another thread about how they aren't doing all that well. They're doing alright of course. Btw, it's about 20 league games since they last beat Man Utd or something daft like that.

They would be more dangerous without Lennon (1 our of 7 crosses successful against manure). Should go 433 with Modric up and two holding Defoe and a roaming striker (But Keane is finished). Bale at left back with license to come up. Harry has been too old skool to really step up this season imo. Kranjcar should start.

That's a good analysis. I also think he's two inflexible as he has the players to chop and change the system for different opponents without fielding a markedly weaker side.

I'd have to check but I think they got knocked out in the 2nd round of the Cup Winner's Cup the year after they won the FA Cup. That was in '73 btw, in case you weren't aware of that after talking to them.

Did they not play Benfica in the Algarve in pre-season. That is in all seriousness Sunderland's greatest European adventure in most of our lifetimes.

Barton 7 aye, our first season back up was all about consolidation, this cretin CT was probably referring to me when he was saying "don't care about the FA Cup", course I care it's a big part of our heritage, but we don't have the resources towin it which is why I'm not as downhearted that we're out that we should be as the league this season is the be all and end all for the development of the club. Another season in the Championship, could signal the start of a Sheff Wed like spiral, cunts like him don;t see the bigger picture.

Edit* ah aye they played Bruges about 83 when Oz, Neville and Dennis turned out.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

That's a good analysis. I also think he's two inflexible as he has the players to chop and change the system for different opponents without fielding a markedly weaker side.

Totally agree.

Did they not play Benfica in the Algarve in pre-season. That is in all seriousness Sunderland's greatest European adventure in most of our lifetimes.

Barton 7 aye, our first season back up was all about consolidation, this cretin CT was probably referring to me when he was saying "don't care about the FA Cup", course I care it's a big part of our heritage, but we don't have the resources towin it which is why I'm not as downhearted that we're out that we should be as the league this season is the be all and end all for the development of the club. Another season in the Championship, could signal the start of a Sheff Wed like spiral, cunts like him don;t see the bigger picture.

Edit* ah aye they played Bruges about 83 when Oz, Neville and Dennis turned out.

:lol: Think they missed the Charity Shield match in '73 because of a pre-season tour or something as well. That rings a bell anyway.

:lol: I must admit I wasn't too worried about the FA cup this season either, I would absolutely love to win it don't get me wrong but like you say this season was all about survival for us and with the paper thin squad we have extra games wouldn't do us much good. If we strengthen and add some depth to the team for next season then I'll be devastated if we get put out in similar circumstance, but like you say if we go down this season we start looking like a possible yo-yo club type or even worse doing what's happened to boro.

edit. Aye Alex you're right they played in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the cup winners cup getting knocked out by Sporting Lisbon.

Edited by Barton7

Where sunlun finish is irrelevant to me.

What must always be remembered is that they will always be 'top dogs' imo. Regardless of league placings, leagues competing in or anything else, they can have their self-proclaimed title for good. We know :lol: ; and that's all that matters.

:lol: How many other clubs message boards are you signed up to.

CT, if you're so bothered about the things you've listed, how come you think this season just keeps getting better and better, given two of the things are now impossible, one is highly unlikely and the last one isn't exactly on the cards? It's almost like you haven't thought this through.

:lol:

Sense and stability at NUFC

Pardew a step in the right direction

Carver a good move

Good players signed up on good contracts

Ben Arfa made permanent

no more silly money on journeymen

4 points off the mackems

still on course for europe

all good

:lol: How many other clubs message boards are you signed up to.

Two to my memory. "rangersmedia" and "talkceltic", I was on followfollow too (another Rangers site) but I got banned off there, and was banned off the Liverpool site RAWK 3 years ago. So another CT own goal. Maybe one day you'll come on here and not make a tit of yourself?

Carver a good move

Ben Arfa made permanent

4 points off the mackems

all good

I have hardly seen anything of NUFC this season, but do we really want to get into europe?? From what I gather, the team is just about holding its own with the back-ups pretty much sadly lacking. Getting into yurope could make matters much much worse next season as I don't see LardAsh releasing enough funds to get better players, for transfers or wages.

Carver a good move

Ben Arfa made permanent

4 points off the mackems

all good

Yeah all good. The thing is though, it's a mediocre season by our recent(-ish) standards at the same time. So you're basically having a pop at people for not caring about the things you listed (FA Cup, Europe, etc.). That in itself isn't accurate though since, although we all do care, we've just accepted this season as being successful in the context of the expectations we had when it started. Which is exactly what you must be doing in order to be so pleased with the way things are going.

Edited by alex

It doesn't take much to be banned from another clubs forum tbh. Banned off RAWK for calling them wall pushers in retaliation to them saying we're a shit support for hounding out Allardyce. Banned off followfollow for telling them they'd be no bigger than Aberdeen without the bigotry which has provided financial windfalls and Presbyterian image of the club, and banned off the Leeds board for saying they're a bunch of sheep shaggin cunts in a rugby town. Everyone of them things if you know and understand football are difficult to argue with, so it's not like I was being a prick like some of the people who come on here from other clubs.

So CT no I generally don't use other sides MBs so your argument is null and void.

Carver a good move

Ben Arfa made permanent

4 points off the mackems

all good

Yeah all good. The thing is though, it's a mediocre season by our recent(-ish) standards at the same time. So you're basically having a pop at people for not caring about the things you listed (FA Cup, Europe, etc.). That in itself isn't accurate though since, although we all do care, we've just accepted this season as being successful in the context of the expectations we had when it started. Which is exactly what you must be doing in order to be so pleased with the way things are going.

Not true.

Some people are genuinely uninterested in the things I mentioned.

And all this "squads not big enough" baloney is bollocks. Ofcourse we will ALWAYS want better than we have, to use that as an excuse not to want to progress in the cup or get into Europe is very sad.

The club is blatantly rebuilding and blatantly in a better position than when Shepherd sold it.

I want to be in every cup and qualify for Europe.

And all this talk of survival is rubbish as well. Never mind the ifs and buts, if anyone on here still thinks we won't survive, then say so.

even though i'd list them as a team i dislike and would like to see relegated, i really dont care about sunderland. apart from the lead up to derby day the shit down the road barely ever cross my mind

however, i would like to finish above them, but the simple fact is that i'd like to finish above everyone. they are on par with bolton in that.

It doesn't take much to be banned from another clubs forum tbh. Banned off RAWK for calling them wall pushers in retaliation to them saying we're a shit support for hounding out Allardyce. Banned off followfollow for telling them they'd be no bigger than Aberdeen without the bigotry which has provided financial windfalls and Presbyterian image of the club, and banned off the Leeds board for saying they're a bunch of sheep shaggin cunts in a rugby town. Everyone of them things if you know and understand football are difficult to argue with, so it's not like I was being a prick like some of the people who come on here from other clubs.

So CT no I generally don't use other sides MBs so your argument is null and void.

I think most who have being around here a few years no different and that your obsession with other clubs, their cities, their fans and their message boards verges on legendary. :lol: