Stephen Ireland...

Shear3r

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I know nowt about him, but before we all get too excited, Old Geraldo was a tad scathing about him. Seems to him, skill isnt the question, its more about a lack of heart.

We've had our fair share of those in recent years. At least its a loan, lets have a look, deal.

I'm shocked. GH was also scathing about Ginola, circumstantial but still. He's a good player, but I don't agree with people who seen HBA as a long term left winger. We need a proper winger to do that job.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nowt about him, but before we all get too excited, Old Geraldo was a tad scathing about him. Seems to him, skill isnt the question, its more about a lack of heart.

We've had our fair share of those in recent years. At least its a loan, lets have a look, deal.

I'm shocked. GH was also scathing about Ginola, circumstantial but still. He's a good player, but I don't agree with people who seen HBA as a long term left winger. We need a proper winger to do that job.

Maybe we have no intention of signing Ireland permanently and HBA isn't going to play much this season.

Maybe we have no intention of signing Ireland permanently and HBA isn't going to play much this season.

Be amazed if he gets back this season. However Lua Lua isnt far away although Im not sure whether his loan deal was til xmas gone or summer.

He'd have to play Nolan up front if this happened. Pointless transfer, unless he wants to come here to sit on the bench.

He's obviously going to start him if he signs him.

Instead of who?

Be amazed if he gets back this season. However Lua Lua isnt far away although Im not sure whether his loan deal was til xmas gone or summer.

Physioroom have him down as the end of Feb for a return so maybe he'll play a few games. No need to rush him back though. As for Houllier, he took over a decent side, and they've done absolutely shite and his only plan to get them out of the mire seems to have been to spunk £24m on a striker. Genius tbh.

He'd have to play Nolan up front if this happened. Pointless transfer, unless he wants to come here to sit on the bench.

Instead of who?

I don't know but there's no way he'll sign Ireland on somewhere in the region 40k a week then stick him on the bench imo.

I'm sure we're all shocked considering his wealth of football knowledge that he didn't notice ireland scoring over 10goals from midfield for city in a season 2 years ago and was named as their player of the year.

Thought the comments of his current manager less than two months ago were more relevant and if nothing else, tempered the rose tinted enthusiasm. :lol:

Everything about this concerns me. Don't think his mentality fits the squad at all. Like a signing straight from the Shepherd era tbh.

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

What I can't understand is the fact that we've refused to pay Seb Larsson double of his current wages, while Ireland must be on far more money and Villa won't want to finance a new Range Rover when he's out on loan.

Considering that we're shorter on options out wide, that seems a bit strange.

I'm sure we're all shocked considering his wealth of football knowledge that he didn't notice ireland scoring over 10goals from midfield for city in a season 2 years ago and was named as their player of the year.

Thought the comments of his current manager less than two months ago were more relevant and if nothing else, tempered the rose tinted enthusiasm. :lol:

Not sure how you can call them rose-tinted or otherwise if you don't know anything about the player.

Everything about this concerns me. Don't think his mentality fits the squad at all. Like a signing straight from the Shepherd era tbh.

Loan move makes it different. I know what you're saying though.

Instead of who?

instead of Shola if Carroll is fit probably.

Not sure how you can call them rose-tinted or otherwise if you don't know anything about the player.

Meaning there is a lot of comments relating too his one good season at City and that it may just be lack of matches that is the problem. Because I know little about him I was interested enough to look and all Im saying is that those are pretty strong words from a manager about a player.

Maybe its just a dummy spit job from a player whose ego has been crushed?

I also dont know who was around him in that City team. Some teams you can get away with not pulling your weight and relying on flashes of skill. I dont think we are one of them and really need every player prepared to run til they puke if need be.

On the plus side, perhaps Pardews involved Joey and he is confident they can get the best out of him.

anyone excited about Stephen Ireland obviously hasn’t seen him play recently = total shite.

worse than Smith and Guthrie.

This board needs a smiley of figure shaking its' head with a speech bubble saying "whats this cunt on about".

He's a great player, the form of players fluctuate when they're not getting a regular 90 minutes, my only concern is where he will fit in.

as I’ve said in this thread before, Ireland was one of the best midfielders in the country until he got a virus September 2009, when he was hospitalised with it and he hasn’t been the same since.

I have a few Man City fans* I speak to now and again and they shortly after that virus said “he only needs a few games then he’ll get his form back” — as have Villa fans, they’ve all seen him play several back to back games and came to the same conclusion ”he’s shite now yet he was excellent previously”. Villa got stung.

Whenever I’ve seen play him in the last year he’s been “total shite”.

*when I quizzed them about the virus they said there were a lot of nasty rumours about what was up with him.

And I meant you can't make a judgement on a player you know nothing about.

Did I make a judgement ? Non!

I offered His managers recent comments for consideration and praised the sensibility of a loan deal.

If I didnt know better I would think you were in one of your funny moods. :lol:

anyone excited about Stephen Ireland obviously hasn’t seen him play recently = total shite.

worse than Smith and Guthrie.

This board needs a smiley of figure shaking its' head with a speech bubble saying "whats this cunt on about".

He's a great player, the form of players fluctuate when they're not getting a regular 90 minutes, my only concern is where he will fit in.

as I’ve said in this thread before, Ireland was one of the best midfielders in the country until he got a virus September 2009, when he was hospitalised with it and he hasn’t been the same since.

I have a few Man City fans* I speak to now and again and they shortly after that virus said “he only needs a few games then he’ll get his form back” — as have Villa fans, they’ve all seen him play several back to back games and came to the same conclusion ”he’s shite now yet he was excellent previously”. Villa got stung.

Whenever I’ve seen play him in the last year he’s been “total shite”.

*when I quizzed them about the virus they said there were a lot of nasty rumours about what was up with him.

Cos he's hardly played, no other reason. To compare him to Smith is a bigger insult than Ireland claiming his nana was dead.

And I meant you can't make a judgement on a player you know nothing about.

Did I make a judgement ? Non!

You made a judgement on comments about the player. If you're now saying that wasn't making a judgement on the player itself it makes even less sense. Houllier's comments are of course relevent, but that's not what I was picking you up on. I have reservations about his loss of form myself fwiw.

With added:

:lol:

Edited by alex

I share the concerns about where he'd fit in and (more particularly about the lack of options in positions wide) but it could be a very good move if he can recapture anything like the form of a couple of seasons ago. I'm also a bit concerned about the lack of pace in the side, especially with Routledge going.

Aye, hopefully that will be rectified in the summer.

To say he's worse than Smith and Guthrie is an insult to peoples intelligence imo though, one thing I love about him is what a cool finisher he is.

Girrafidae if GH SAID right straight swap Smith for Ireland you'd say, no? :lol:

swapping him wasn’t the point I was making Stevie, tell a Villa fan how great Stephen Ireland is for them and watch them :blush::icon_lol::blush: :blush: at you.

one season. then he went mad! if he got a run out in our side I have no doubts if his heads right he could improve the team. problem is he's not flexible enough tactically, and offers nothing defensively. what i'm trying to say is pardew would very probably play him deeper than he should be played and that wouldn't get the best out of him.

I share the concerns about where he'd fit in and (more particularly about the lack of options in positions wide) but it could be a very good move if he can recapture anything like the form of a couple of seasons ago. I'm also a bit concerned about the lack of pace in the side, especially with Routledge going.

To say he's worse than Smith and Guthrie is an insult to peoples intelligence imo though, one thing I love about him is what a cool finisher he is.

Girrafidae if GH SAID right straight swap Smith for Ireland you'd say, no? :lol:

swapping him wasn’t the point I was making Stevie, tell a Villa fan how great Stephen Ireland is for them and watch them :blush::icon_lol::blush: :blush: at you.

Villa fans are some of the least knowledgable football supporters I've ever encountered though.

Villa fans are some of the least knowledgable football supporters I've ever encountered though.

must be because they’ve all got the wrong postcode.