Stephen Ireland...

Shear3r

Can't remember the details but didn't he claim it was to cover up his lass having some illness / medical problem (miscarriage) and then that turned out to be a lie too?

The miscarriage was his final excuse, don't think anyone was ever able to disprove it though.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canny player a few year ago but has been off form for a long time, also like what's already been said he's a total heed the baal. It's the type of player we used to buy hoping we could recapture their past form, not worth it imo like.

i dont understand this

a player plays well for 1 season and people think if we sign him it'll "reignite" him or whatever.

just look at it like this, and try and go with me:

if messi [sTAY WITH ME] (or another proven player who has been tops for a while) played shit for a season people would use the excuse "form is temporary, class is permanent" and he'll be back to his best, like people are saying about rooney at the minute. so surely this can be applied in reverse to a player who has played well for 1 season but been largely average for the rest of his career? one swallow doesnt make a summer, 1 good season does not make a good player.

meh. im just rambling really

Aye, no one disproved it, i was giving him the benefit of the doubt with the miscarriage to be fair, could understand why he said something stupid to keep that private and pulled out of the game.

(if it was true), if it wasn't he's a scumbag.

It was because he got ripped for wearing a wig/hairplugs, nout to do with a miscarriage.

Ireland was one of the best midfielders in the country up until 18 months ago, he then was rushed into hospital after sickness and passing out. He had a virus and has never been the same again. City must have been aware of it and got a big wedge back from the Milner signing.

Villa got stung and now realise that he isn’t the player they thought and now want some mugs to make the same mistake — hope it’s not us!

Ireland was one of the best midfielders in the country up until 18 months ago, he then was rushed into hospital after sickness and passing out. He had a virus and has never been the same again. City must have been aware of it and got a big wedge back from the Milner signing.

Villa got stung and now realise that he isn't the player they thought and now want some mugs to make the same mistake — hope it's not us!

Emergency surgery after his head rejected a donor hairpiece and his body went into shock.

I read an interview with him recently when he discussed splitting up with a bird whilst he was in Citys youth team but fighting for custody of the kids(and winning).

He actually seemed a bit of a misunderstood bloke. I still reckon he's a bit radge though.

Aye, no one disproved it, i was giving him the benefit of the doubt with the miscarriage to be fair, could understand why he said something stupid to keep that private and pulled out of the game.

(if it was true), if it wasn't he's a scumbag.

It was because he got ripped for wearing a wig/hairplugs, nout to do with a miscarriage.

The granny's lie was a cover up his wife just having a miscarriage the day before the game not the going bald thing. The baldness mockery was indeed going on though which led to his "retirement" (supposed "bullying" from Doyle and Hunt) whereas the granny excuse was to get him out of one game specifically.

I'd take him if he was cheap which he wouldn't be, still youngish.

He moaned about the Irish lads calling him all sorts after he had that dodgy hair job done. Then he pulled that stunt. Quality player a couple of years back but Id steer well clear now.

Edited by IrishMag

Looks better with a shaved head than a wig, stupid nonce.

Wages would be well above what we'd be willing to pay in a position/area where we're already relatively strong.

The one position we're well stocked with Tiote, Nolan and Barton. On current form, he'd be behind all of those. You wouldn't say no to a player of that talent, however.

I saw Barton saying he wants a new contract, hope he gets it.

The one position we're well stocked with Tiote, Nolan and Barton. On current form, he'd be behind all of those. You wouldn't say no to a player of that talent, however.

I think new player contacts are going to be a problem, with relegation a possibility people will want silly money

I think new player contacts are going to be a problem, with relegation a possibility people will want silly money

mackem alert. still smarting over us outplaying you home and away? :lol:

mackem alert. still smarting over us outplaying you home and away? :lol:

Judging from his "Andy Carroll to Tottenham" craic in the other thread this seems to be more about Bent leaving, it's alright though maybe Ricardo Fuller can replace him eh?

Mirror Exclusive

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is making a shock move to sign Stephen Ireland on loan from Aston Villa.

Pardew wants to take on the Irish midfielder and the club are willing to pay a chunk of his massive salary to bring him to the north-east.

Ireland has fallen out of favour with Gerard Houllier, having signed for Villa while the club was managerless. He is unlikely to play again for the Frenchman and will be allowed to go.

Newcastle do not want to buy Ireland immediately but are keen to bring him into their dressing room - where he'll be reunited with his old Manchester City team-mate Joey Barton - to see if he can rediscover his City magic on the Tyne.