Spurs

wykikitoon

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
they always have money. theyve spent going on 200mill in the past 4/5 years or so

must be something to do with their tax dodging antics

Why not just say you don't have a clue? Would be better than saying something as pathetic as that.

It's nothing to do with tax dodging. From 1995 to 2008 Newcastle were generating significantly more money than Tottenham, we had better sponsorship deals, made more money from merchandising, our corporate operation was as good as theirs, saying something considering they're based in London, and our ticket revenues were slightly higher. Generally we'd generate about £20m-£30m more than them, but Daniel Levy's business plan has worked and they're now in a position where their revenue is £30m more than ours despite 15,000 fewer fans through the gates.

The first part of his business plan was implementing a wage ceiling, Tottenham were a mid table team and he knew spending £60,000 a week on players was unsustainable for a club of their stature at that time, he got it right at the third time of asking manager wise, and Tottenham started signing young good players. Comolli played his part even though he was sacked, many of the good players they have were his doing, but it's largely the fact that Levy is an amazing businessman. When Tottenham got that sponsorship deal with Mansion House it was £9m a season, that was more a year at the time than AC Milan, Bayern, Arsenal and Juventus were getting in. It's astonishing how he pulled it off, a shit mediocre club like them and he has almost single handedly increased their profile. Even when they were 18th and Ramos got sacked, the financial infrastructure of the club was already in place better than it ever has been before. So it's all down to Levy, fair play to him, he's a jew, and jews know how to manage and make money. Maybe Ashley should go head hunting in Tel Aviv.

erm, my comment was mostly tongue in cheek fcb. if you have had a humourectomy fair enough.

i agree with you about them managing their money better, but my point about ridiculous expenditure still stands and since you said it (albeit in a different context), they arent based in london, theyre based in the bahamas, a tax haven, and save a considerable amount of money that way.... so that point is still valid

arsehoooooole :lol:

erm, my comment was mostly tongue in cheek fcb. if you have had a humourectomy fair enough.

i agree with you about them managing their money better, but my point about ridiculous expenditure still stands and since you said it (albeit in a different context), they arent based in london, theyre based in the bahamas, a tax haven, and save a considerable amount of money that way.... so that point is still valid

If you say something tongue in cheek make it funny. You're boring please go back to Talk of The Tyne where they have a similar football knowledge to you. Let the grown ups discuss football.

and once again you cant find a rebuttal to the actual facts i post so try and base your argument on me as a poster. a bit weak really

why not just say you dont have a clue how to argue? if your attempts are going to be as pathetic as that why post them?

they always have money. theyve spent going on 200mill in the past 4/5 years or so

Why not just say you don't have a clue? Would be better than saying something as pathetic as that.

It's nothing to do with tax dodging. From 1995 to 2008 Newcastle were generating significantly more money than Tottenham, we had better sponsorship deals, made more money from merchandising, our corporate operation was as good as theirs, saying something considering they're based in London, and our ticket revenues were slightly higher. Generally we'd generate about £20m-£30m more than them, but Daniel Levy's business plan has worked and they're now in a position where their revenue is £30m more than ours despite 15,000 fewer fans through the gates.

The first part of his business plan was implementing a wage ceiling, Tottenham were a mid table team and he knew spending £60,000 a week on players was unsustainable for a club of their stature at that time, he got it right at the third time of asking manager wise, and Tottenham started signing young good players. Comolli played his part even though he was sacked, many of the good players they have were his doing, but it's largely the fact that Levy is an amazing businessman. When Tottenham got that sponsorship deal with Mansion House it was £9m a season, that was more a year at the time than AC Milan, Bayern, Arsenal and Juventus were getting in. It's astonishing how he pulled it off, a shit mediocre club like them and he has almost single handedly increased their profile. Even when they were 18th and Ramos got sacked, the financial infrastructure of the club was already in place better than it ever has been before. So it's all down to Levy, fair play to him, he's a jew, and jews know how to manage and make money. Maybe Ashley should go head hunting in Tel Aviv.

Knowing our luck he'd come back with a palestinian.

Go on.

Interesting page here, possibly a couple of weeks out of date now given the moves that have taken place this window. Spurs are partly bankrolled by a billionaire aren't they?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

Spurs have the second highest average spend per season, from the year 2006 to the present day. We're second from bottom.

Purchased Gross Sold Nett Per Season

£227,300,000 £135,100,000 £92,200,000 £18,440,000

Us

Purchased Gross Sold Nett Per Season

£63,100,000 £75,150,000 -£12,050,000 -£2,410,000

and once again you cant find a rebuttal to the actual facts i post so try and base your argument on me as a poster. a bit weak really

why not just say you dont have a clue how to argue? if your attempts are going to be as pathetic as that why post them?

What actual facts? "Spurs are tax dodgers lol", there's no point in arguing against that because it's not even a point, I ignore it because if I actually went indepth contradicting it properly it would actually mean that it's worth even debating. Clearly you posted with nothing to say, you're clearly bored and don't have an opinion, again not your fault bu that's how it is. It just cries out you have nothing to say, not your fault but that's the truth. A poor addition to this board sadly. Nothing worse than young mouthy fuckers, you cry out 5ft8, 9st12lbs, geps to me.

Knowing our luck he'd come back with a palestinian.

:lol:

Joe Lewis lives in the Bahamas, that's what he's getting at.

Nothing actually wrong with that per se.

Indeed. But Spurs will still be paying UK tax on any profits, so I'm failing to see his point.

:lol: What does that have to do with the economic situation of Tottenham this young boy is trying to make? It's a bit like when Jack Walker lived in Jersey, so fuckin what? How can you even argue about that, it's not even a point. A serious case of someone needing to pipe down.

Indeed. But Spurs will still be paying UK tax on any profits, so I'm failing to see his point.

He doesn't have one. You'll see a lot of ruined threads in the near future.

:lol: What does that have to do with the economic situation of Tottenham this young boy is trying to make? It's a bit like when Jack Walker lived in Jersey, so fuckin what? How can you even argue about that, it's not even a point. A serious case of someone needing to pipe down.

Just in case you're confused, I'm totally aware of that, I was just expanding on his point without actually agreeing with it.

Wage control + good young purchases + big money sales + 30m from CL.

I hope LM doesn't see this, but it's what we were doing from 2001 to 2004 before FFS lost his marbles with the wage bill.

I hope LM doesn't see this, but it's what we were doing from 2001 to 2004 before FFS lost his marbles with the wage bill.

Yup. :lol:

yes joe lewis lives in the bahamas and that is where the holding company will be based (not sure if its in the bahamas or cayman islands to tell the truth), as it is a tax haven the company will save a lot of money as it is exempt from uk tax laws (unlike say, for example, our holding company which fma owns, because it is based in the uk), the tax dodging bit was supposed to be a light hearted way of putting this.

dont really have time to argue with you like the other time fcb, but if you want to "discuss football", which you claim this board is for i'll be popping in though.

yes joe lewis lives in the bahamas and that is where the holding company will be based (not sure if its in the bahamas or cayman islands to tell the truth), as it is a tax haven the company will save a lot of money as it is exempt from uk tax laws (unlike say, for example, our holding company which fma owns, because it is based in the uk), the tax dodging bit was supposed to be a light hearted way of putting this.

dont really have time to argue with you like the other time fcb, but if you want to "discuss football", which you claim this board is for i'll be popping in though.

Clearly an only child. Football's not your forte though mate. My main point to you was why post a point as pathetic as you did, which everyone is saying oh dear at? It's not a case of giving new posters a chance, I respect anyone. However if you're going to be a mouthy tool, 21 years of age purporting to be from Gateshead, to people who understand the game far more than you ever will do and have seen more games than you and your fatha put together, expect abuse. Seriously TOTT is a better option for you mate.