Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

They've made enquiries and we've told them no. Im sure we'll do the same again.

We'll see. We'd be rejecting offers now anyway, whether we intend on keeping him or not. The time to get smug about rejected offers is 1st Feb, cos then we'll know that we weren't just holding out for a bigger offer on the last day of the window.

So the Fat Man can't win at all just yet then, basically. Even if he rejects he's just holding out for more money.

No, if he accepts one on the last day, he was holding out for more money. Get it?

I think you've overdosed on the arsehole pills btw. Your patter in this thread has been fucking lifting.

Oh sorry, let's all turn into you and try and make every post a joke. Of course I 'get it' and I wasn't even having a dig at your post specifically before you went into alphamale defence tell-a-joke mode and tried to 'batter' me, I just don't see the point in people crying like fuck on here about being a selling club when we haven't accepted anything yet, and are unlikely to. We're having a good season, on a decent unbeaten run and within touching distance of our preseason hopes/expectations. What's the fucking point in reams and reams of posts slagging the club and it's ambitions off. We came into the season to stay up, we will. It's like whatever the club do there'll always something to slag off and whine about, all because Mike Ashley made the mistake of appointing a director of football a few years ago, the nasty bastard.

I wasn't joking. Your patter's shit and you come across as an arsehole. If you want to discuss things sensibly then don't make every post an attempt to get under people's skin.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see. We'd be rejecting offers now anyway, whether we intend on keeping him or not. The time to get smug about rejected offers is 1st Feb, cos then we'll know that we weren't just holding out for a bigger offer on the last day of the window.

Is that the same time the humble pie gets eaten......I doubt it.

Humble pie about what? Nobody wants him sold, but people are rightly concerned. Why do you have to try and lord it over people and insist they eat humble pie?

When I say that the time to be smug is on Feb 1, that's not strictly true. What I should say is that while the rest of us choose to be relieved that we kept our best player, knowing what you're like, you won't be able to stop crowing about how you predicted it all and acting the smug prick. And a better time for THAT would be Feb 1st. Although tbh there's never a good time for that sort of shit.

That's it like. Nobody wants Carroll sold but he'll ridicule other fans who are very apprehensive of Ashleys dealings and it's a piss take. Why other Newcastle fans lord it owa me when I'll tell them exactly why I'll never trust or want the man at our club beggars belief. Surely everyone can see the man isn't for Newcastle United. He isn't for any football club. He might hang onto carroll for the rest of his career but what he's done in the past is like a bird cheating on you 5 times then expecting her to gan round Snakehips hoose for a few drinks and not get her backwheel smashed. There'll always be a doubt.

Gutted I'm so cynical, but I'd say I'm definitely entitled to some.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

So the Fat Man can't win at all just yet then, basically. Even if he rejects he's just holding out for more money.

No, if he accepts one on the last day, he was holding out for more money. Get it?

I think you've overdosed on the arsehole pills btw. Your patter in this thread has been fucking lifting.

See me, i think people who reckon we'll sell him and make up claims about Levy and Ashley being mates are the ones with shit patter. ASM may act like a dick but he talks sense.

I said it 4 weeks ago, name your charity and i'll donate £100 on feb 1st if Carroll isnt playing for us.

Totally agree, Kemsley and Ashley have the relationship, not Levy and Ashley, they may be acquianted but that's it. Agree regarding Carroll too and I've invited bets, although to clarify, I do hate Ashley as much as any of you.

Oh sorry, let's all turn into you and try and make every post a joke. Of course I 'get it' and I wasn't even having a dig at your post specifically before you went into alphamale defence tell-a-joke mode and tried to 'batter' me, I just don't see the point in people crying like fuck on here about being a selling club when we haven't accepted anything yet, and are unlikely to. We're having a good season, on a decent unbeaten run and within touching distance of our preseason hopes/expectations. What's the fucking point in reams and reams of posts slagging the club and it's ambitions off. We came into the season to stay up, we will. It's like whatever the club do there'll always something to slag off and whine about, all because Mike Ashley made the mistake of appointing a director of football a few years ago, the nasty bastard.

I wasn't joking. Your patter's shit and you come across as an arsehole. If you want to discuss things sensibly then don't make every post an attempt to get under people's skin.

Ok then, abuse aside (you're the top dog, I'm not attempting to overthrow your reign, don't alpha me) What part of my first reply to you was intended to get under your skin like? It was a genuine point for discussion, he can't really win can he. Irrespective of what he does, he's getting abuse for the entire transfer window, which is a little bit unfair imo. The fact that that post did get under your skin probably means that you know I have a point and you're being an arsehole tbh.

Humble pie about what? Nobody wants him sold, but people are rightly concerned. Why do you have to try and lord it over people and insist they eat humble pie?

When I say that the time to be smug is on Feb 1, that's not strictly true. What I should say is that while the rest of us choose to be relieved that we kept our best player, knowing what you're like, you won't be able to stop crowing about how you predicted it all and acting the smug prick. And a better time for THAT would be Feb 1st. Although tbh there's never a good time for that sort of shit.

So Im smug for being pleased we've YET AGAIN, turned down an offer, but others in this thread who claim the deals being done all along shouldnt eat humble pie on 1st Feb..

What utter fucking TOSH.

ASM is right, come 1st Feb, the usual nay sayers will be spouting about how the clubs just waiting til the summer to get more money.....and so it goes on.

TIT

Why should people eat humble pie for being concerned about what our unpredictable owner will do next. You have such a weird outlook. You're like the bloke who likes to point out to his neighbor that your car is the model up from his.

Well we've only got a couple days to wait to find out one way or another anyway so I'm finding it hard to get worked up about because that only really comes when you've got ages to speculate and sweat it out.

If he doesn't go this window then the "Ashley will sell literally anything in sight" rhetoric will have to be put to bed once and for all at least. I know it won't, but it should. Not the same as saying he has vision and foresight but certainly a counterbalance to the more hysterical stuff that gets posted re: his transfer policy.

Realistically, provided we remain below the top payers in the Prem, rumours will probably always surround our best performers every window. Unless we can manage what Tottenham have as they seem to be the only exception to this rule-they're not top payers but theyre not deemed a 'selling club' either. Probably because they manage to pay a lot in transfer fees and (comparitively) modestly in wages. For now I'm content try for an upward trajectory where we're demanding rewards from our players before we reward them though, as it's been the polar opposite of that for years and we ended up dicked over royal (inevitably) by becoming an absolute beacon of hope for millionaire mercenaries on their last legs. Fuck that for a laugh; however it was portrayed as ambitious, what they discovered on arrival (what they already knew beforehand I have no doubt) and what they brought in terms of attitude was still a far bigger insult to NUFC than looking that bit harder for the likes of Tiote and Ben Arfa and suffering the 'indignity' of only spending a couple million for them in the process. I can live with that indignity for now.

On Carroll specifically it's still a bit surreal anyway because in the summer I had little hope for him even cutting it at Prem level never mind excelling. He's had a brilliant half a season but we're still in potential 'flash in the pan' territory yet, particularly given his off field existence. Talk of him being England's number 9 for a generation is premature to say the least. Obviously I hope he goes on to lead the Prem for years if he stays in a Toon top, but lets not fall into the trap of assuming that he will. The signs are good but he's a 24 hour operation in terms of management.

So Im smug for being pleased we've YET AGAIN, turned down an offer, but others in this thread who claim the deals being done all along shouldnt eat humble pie on 1st Feb..

What utter fucking TOSH.

ASM is right, come 1st Feb, the usual nay sayers will be spouting about how the clubs just waiting til the summer to get more money.....and so it goes on.

TIT

Why should people eat humble pie for being concerned about what our unpredictable owner will do next. You have such a weird outlook. You're like the bloke who likes to point out to his neighbor that your car is the model up from his.

There's a fundamental difference between being concerned and what gets said on here.

Spurs mugs giving it large.. :lol:

"Oh great, a slight upgrade on Crouch! Before Crouch's spell at Spurs, he'd done as much as Carrol has done at the same point in their careers. Defenders will work out how to play him, as they've done with Crouch."

What utter fucking TOSH.

TIT

Claiming the deals already done, not concern.

And ASM's right, your jokes are shit.

Well we've only got a couple days to wait to find out one way or another anyway so I'm finding it hard to get worked up about because that only really comes when you've got ages to speculate and sweat it out.

If he doesn't go this window then the "Ashley will sell literally anything in sight" rhetoric will have to be put to bed once and for all at least. I know it won't, but it should. Not the same as saying he has vision and foresight but certainly a counterbalance to the more hysterical stuff that gets posted re: his transfer policy.

Realistically, provided we remain below the top payers in the Prem, rumours will probably always surround our best performers every window. Unless we can manage what Tottenham have as they seem to be the only exception to this rule-they're not top payers but theyre not deemed a 'selling club' either. Probably because they manage to pay a lot in transfer fees and (comparitively) modestly in wages. For now I'm content try for an upward trajectory where we're demanding rewards from our players before we reward them though, as it's been the polar opposite of that for years and we ended up dicked over royal (inevitably) by becoming an absolute beacon of hope for millionaire mercenaries on their last legs. Fuck that for a laugh; however it was portrayed as ambitious, what they discovered on arrival (what they already knew beforehand I have no doubt) and what they brought in terms of attitude was still a far bigger insult to NUFC than looking that bit harder for the likes of Tiote and Ben Arfa and suffering the 'indignity' of only spending a couple million for them in the process. I can live with that indignity for now.

On Carroll specifically it's still a bit surreal anyway because in the summer I had little hope for him even cutting it at Prem level never mind excelling. He's had a brilliant half a season but we're still in potential 'flash in the pan' territory yet, particularly given his off field existence. Talk of him being England's number 9 for a generation is premature to say the least. Obviously I hope he goes on to lead the Prem for years if he stays in a Toon top, but lets not fall into the trap of assuming that he will. The signs are good but he's a 24 hour operation in terms of management.

Very good post.

If Levy and LardAsh are mates, and the former knows what money it will take, then why the newspaper article? There would be no need as the deal would have been agreed between the two mates.

Sun made up nonsense imo.

Carroll will not be sold this month.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

What utter fucking TOSH.

TIT

Neighbour :lol: (you done it to me yesterday)

36 minutes to type that :lol: Agree with most of it like, but not worried about Carroll being a flash in the pan. His effectiveness is largely down to the sheer size and power of him, something he won't lose, and he plays a relatively simple game technically. I'm convinced, if anything, he'll get even better.

How is Gemmill threatening to "batter" everyone with alpha male posturing btw? :lol: I must have missed that one. I know I'll just be accused of Trentpossecliquetastic but seriously, wtf? Get a grip. :huh:

Ok then, abuse aside (you're the top dog, I'm not attempting to overthrow your reign, don't alpha me) What part of my first reply to you was intended to get under your skin like? It was a genuine point for discussion, he can't really win can he. Irrespective of what he does, he's getting abuse for the entire transfer window, which is a little bit unfair imo. The fact that that post did get under your skin probably means that you know I have a point and you're being an arsehole tbh.

You claim you weren't having a go at my post, but you've already admitted you intentionally "misunderstood" my post so that you could make a point about other people in the thread. Or something. I'm not even sure what you were trying to do.

As to whether Ashley can't win or not. To be honest, the shit he's done since he came here, if he is in a "no win" situation with some fans, then it's a) entirely understandable and b ) entirely of his own making. If we don't sell Carroll in the summer, will I still be concerned that we'll sell him in the summer? Yes, but I'm not gonna harp on about it. The point is though, I give Ashley no credit if we don't sell Carroll, cos we shouldn't be selling our best player. He'll just be doing his job.

Guest Your Name Here
The one thing I'll say is if the FCB was bold enough to lift this pathetic media blackout and actually say himself what is going on, maybe we wouldn't all be calling eachother mongs and what have ye. Pardew, and I'll give him respect for it has come out and said he won't be leaving but that means nothing to the reality of the situation.

This is how I'd simplify the situation;

Carroll's class, Spurs have plenty money to spend and are in a better and more willing state to offer players what they want i.e lowie and high standard football. This is at the moment btw, I know they've normally had their end of season party by now but they do have a very very good squad. I don't particularly like Spurs but I like how they've grown as a club on and off the pitch in recent years. Players see this aswell, I'd assume. We're a massive club, amazing fans, the works but we aren't in a position to challenge the top4, which I personally think Spurs can. Sad, but it's true at the moment.

What helps us in comparison to say Bent leaving them bamps is that he's got the club in his heart and seems a down to earth lad who knows he's at a club he dreamed of playing for. I doubt it'd be a massive lure to want to play for spurs which would drive him to leave, and more the will to achieve. He will be Englands long term number9 and in this day and age these types of player will always generate massive interest worldwide.

Maybe he will stay, maybe he'll leave but I'd guarantee if it's not spurs coming in now, it'll be a bigger club in the summer or next summer .. This will test Ashleys resolve and give an indication of our future if it's shown we accept or reject said 'bid'.

Good post in some respects but the bit in bold, if FMA was looking at it from a business perspective and he's the country's number 9 for years, surely it would be better to wait 3 or 4 years to cash in. £25m isn't that much in modern football, when you look at Kaka who's been finished 3 years went for £57m.

That's what I mean though mate, it'll test the resolve of Ashley and I think he's the type who knows how to work a deal and take risks but when that money's dangled in front of his dish he mightn't want to risk it never coming again.

Surely it would be better to wait I agree, everyone would agree, but I just don't trust him and don't believe what people are saying about he wouldn't do it because of the potential 'backlash from the fans' cos we aal naa he couldn't give a monkeys what we think. This rumour'll run forever tbh, cos he's so good and we can't trust the owner given his previous.

Great for us fans, eh!

I'll say it again though, this media blackout's fucking ridiculous for the transparancy of what their plans are etc. Whilst we just sit and pray.

Thing is though Mac, most posters on here have been shouting for the last 2 years for them to shut the fuck up as they kept dropping major clangers. They did.

Whether you believe them or not, I think they have previously stated the plans and havent really veered off them.

This year is about survival which will dramatically improve the clubs finances

We are going to steadily build the team by buying / developing young talent that can grow with the club.

Trophy signings on silly money are a thing of the past.

Our best players wont be sold.

Andy Carroll wont be sold.

Im not sure what else you would like to hear.

What the long term target is? Is it getting back into the top four and challenging for honours, or is it paying back FMA’s loans and the selling up.

How is Gemmill threatening to "batter" everyone with alpha male posturing btw? :lol: I must have missed that one. I know I'll just be accused of Trentpossecliquetastic but seriously, wtf? Get a grip. :huh:

Sensed that I was being an arsehole and attempted to 'put me in my place' with one of his usual humorously-delivered dressings down. Alphamale tastic, I acted the cock and got slapped down into place by the head of the pack :angry:

What utter fucking TOSH.

TIT

:lol: You missed "So ner ner!" off the end of that one, you cretin.

If Levy and LardAsh are mates, and the former knows what money it will take, then why the newspaper article? There would be no need as the deal would have been agreed between the two mates.

And another reason I think this 'story' is horseshit is because I reckon LardAsh and Dekka are on the verge of offering existing season ticket holders another 'deal' (probably 2 year this time). If I'm right, what will encourage most of them to take it up: Signing Ben Arfa/Barton etc on longer deals and keeping Carroll, or letting the latter be sold??

The final reason I think the 'story' is horse shit is because they've used the 'tabled an offer' crap. If they knew an offer had been made they wouldn't have resorted to that journalistic rubbish as they would have had enough real meat in the story to do away with the gcse-level journalism.

36 minutes to type that :lol: Agree with most of it like, but not worried about Carroll being a flash in the pan. His effectiveness is largely down to the sheer size and power of him, something he won't lose, and he plays a relatively simple game technically. I'm convinced, if anything, he'll get even better.

Not attempting to plagiarise, but I was actually going to make that very point. The fact of his size and natural strengths (big man who's actually looking increasing 'good with his feet') is what makes me think the signs are good and what makes me inclined to think he should be a top striker for years yet. Also he's not reliant on pace that will fade. The unknown quantity is whether he's going to be a professional athlete for his career or a well paid pissheed.

Sensed that I was being an arsehole and attempted to 'put me in my place' with one of his usual humorously-delivered dressings down. Alphamale tastic, I acted the cock and got slapped down into place by the head of the pack :angry:

You're right like, all of that did happen. I've never thought of myself as an alpha before, but I'm gonna start to from today.

Not sure where PP is getting this from but one of his best mates is Kelmsley and K hates Levy. Levy and Mike might talk and so on, but I don't think they are 'mates'.

Gemmill IS the gatekeeper on here and don't pretent otherwise. Nice try. :angry:

You claim you weren't having a go at my post, but you've already admitted you intentionally "misunderstood" my post so that you could make a point about other people in the thread. Or something. I'm not even sure what you were trying to do.

As to whether Ashley can't win or not. To be honest, the shit he's done since he came here, if he is in a "no win" situation with some fans, then it's a) entirely understandable and b ) entirely of his own making. If we don't sell Carroll in the summer, will I still be concerned that we'll sell him in the summer? Yes, but I'm not gonna harp on about it. The point is though, I give Ashley no credit if we don't sell Carroll, cos we shouldn't be selling our best player. He'll just be doing his job.

His job is to run the club however the fuck he wants, he owns it and has spent his own money on it. If he wants to recoup some of that, he's perfectly entitled to. If he does decide to keep him, then it is surely a positive that he's seeing the bigger picture. Surely he would then deserve some credit? I might have overdosed on the arsehole pills, but you my friend have blended them down into a liquid and injected them straight into the veins.

What utter fucking TOSH.

TIT

:lol: You missed "So ner ner!" off the end of that one, you cretin.

:huh: Alpha'd, bitch!