Carroll Poll

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

£35m are we right to accept it  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close to £40m, I believe. Rejected anyway.

If Ashley is backing Pardew to the extent that he's rejecting £40m offers to keep Carroll at the club, I will be very impressed.

CaulkinTheTimes

Don't have any official confirmation from the #NUFC end about the size of fee rejected, but no suggestion that talks have ended ...

He's going, we're doing a Luque on them.

Sounds like maybe we're just waiting on the right deal(most £ up front with minimum clauses).

We have a perfect player to build a team around. Highly unlikely we manage to bring in anyone better.

The problem the poll is no one really trusts Ashley.

35m is far too much to turn down. But Shola and Best leading the line is plain daft. If we can bring in Sturridge(5m) or Anelka (loan) or anyone else upfront I'll be happy. But no-one upfront coming in is not acceptable. We have to leverage Chelsea wanting Torres.

Edited by Phil

The problem the poll is no one really trusts Ashley.

35m is far too much to turn down. But Shola and Best leading the line is plain daft. If we can bring in Sturridge(5m) or Anelka (loan) or anyone else upfront I'll be happy. But no-one upfront coming in is not acceptable. We have to leverage Chelsea wanting Torres.

That would have been the way to go, you want Torress so we'll have sturridge on loan and then we release carroll, because i doubt they'd sell sturride at the moment.

I think it sends out a negative statement that we're a selling club.

I also think we won't replace him adequately. Either by not spending money or not being able to attract quality players, through reasons like poor wages and selling our best players to mid-table rivals.

exactly

Split right down the middle eh? 50/50. Still think we'd have been utter fuckwits to knock back £37m though. Now there is no excuse for major investment nen at all.

Split right down the middle eh? 50/50. Still think we'd have been utter fuckwits to knock back £37m though. Now there is no excuse for major investment nen at all.

There isn't a hope we'll spend the £37m + £10-£15m we should be spending anyway unfortunately.

"Selling clubs have unrealistic prices..." "Carroll money is paid in installments, so we don't have it all to spend" etc.

I did think similar when this was unfolding last about using our leverage in the situation to prise a striker on loan from Chelsea. I also didn't think we would.

It was difficult to convey to Mrs face why the offer should have been accepted, but that everyone was still a cunt....

"That Mike Ashley's a proper twat like pet"

"Is this all his fault then?"

"Nah, he turned down great offers, but he couldn't turn down that last offer to be fair....Carroll's a twat too....and his agent...requesting a move"

"So he wanted to go?"

"Nah, he's gutted. He loves the toon."

"So no-one wanted it it? How did it happen?"

"For money man. £35m is crazy money! We've robbed the scousers."

"So you'll be happy about that then?"

"Am I fuck!"

"Well at least the Liverpool fans will be pleased with the deal."

"Nah, they're going loopy about it"

It was difficult to convey to Mrs face why the offer should have been accepted, but that everyone was still a cunt....

"That Mike Ashley's a proper twat like pet"

"Is this all his fault then?"

"Nah, he turned down great offers, but he couldn't turn down that last offer to be fair....Carroll's a twat too....and his agent...requesting a move"

"So he wanted to go?"

"Nah, he's gutted. He loves the toon."

"So no-one wanted it it? How did it happen?"

"For money man. £35m is crazy money! We've robbed the scousers."

"So you'll be happy about that then?"

"Am I fuck!"

"Well at least the Liverpool fans will be pleased with the deal."

"Nah, they're going loopy about it"

Just splurted tea....cheers.

:lol::unsure::icon_lol::o:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I find it quite a shocking poll.

Me too I'm quite staggered 44 people think that the club could and should've turned down £35m for a player who was the seventh top scorer in the Championship last season.

I find it quite a shocking poll.

Me too I'm quite staggered 44 people think that the club could and should've turned down £35m for a player who was the seventh top scorer in the Championship last season.

It was the kids first full season! I think the best is yet to come from him and he'll be a fantastic player.

When we have £20m in the bank and Carlton Cole up front, we'll miss Carroll.

It was the kids first full season! I think the best is yet to come from him and he'll be a fantastic player.

When we have £20m in the bank and Carlton Cole up front, we'll miss Carroll.

Dont the dickheads that run our club realise that at 22 he is at least 3 years off his peak. At the very least he should have stayed untill the summer.

He could have been one of our greatest players.

Three years from now he will be worth 50 million plus now he will be scoring for those smug scousers wheras us

e i e i e i o Back to the Championship we go if not this season then definatly next unless of course B.F.M. actually DOES spend some of that 35 million on a decent replacement.

Oops just had to duck to avoid th flying pig.

• 4 weeks later...
Stop bumping old threads :lol:

Why?

Because I'm opening them thinking I'm going to find something new and meaningful in them! When in reality it's just an agreement of what others said at the time :lol: