They're here

JawD

unidentified link

Two videos of an unidentified flying object seen hovering above an Islamic shrine in Jerusalem are baffling viewers around the world.

In one video, which has been posted on YouTube, a bright ball of light can be seen descending out of the sky, hovering above the Dome of the Rock in the Old City of Jerusalem.

It lingers for a minute before rocketing out of sight.

In a second video, also posted to YouTube, a light is seen in the distant horizon like a bright star. Just like in the first video, the ball of light drops out of the sky, hangs out just above the shrine, and suddenly shoots into the distance.

The event reportedly occurred at 1 p.m. on Saturday morning.

It's not known whether the videos are a hoax.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Class that like. Wonder why the chose a muslim site.

All of the Muslim world is related to ancient religion. Iraq was home to the sumerians who are believed to be the oldest civilization to have been on earth... depending on who you believe their ancient texts depict visitors from outer space called the Annunaki who set up religion, civilization etc

Also Jerusalim is home to "the son of god"... an all powerful being who descended from the skies blah blah blah. Some people may argue that "gods" are just powerful beings that traverse the universe and come down to our planet... i.e aliens.

So it would be logical to presume that "Aliens" would be be more likely to visit the muslim world as this is their "habitual home" on this planet so to speak.

Edited by ajax_andy

As Christoper Hitchens points out - one of the stupidest concepts of the Abrahamic faiths is the idea that their God (whoever/whatever that may be) would only talk to tribes in the Middle East when other civilisations like the Chinese were just as "civilised" at the time.

All of the Muslim world is related to ancient religion. Iraq was home to the sumerians who are believed to be the oldest civilization to have been on earth... depending on who you believe their ancient texts depict visitors from outer space called the Annunaki who set up religion, civilization etc

Also Jerusalim is home to "the son of god"... an all powerful being who descended from the skies blah blah blah. Some people may argue that "gods" are just powerful beings that traverse the universe and come down to our planet... i.e aliens.

So it would be logical to presume that "Aliens" would be be more likely to visit the muslim world as this is their "habitual home" on this planet so to speak.

The Jews have some vague claim on the place as well I think.

The Jews have some vague claim on the place as well I think.

Haha yeah thats true... justa vague one tho like u said ;-)

I find it a hoot that many religious types will dismiss this out of hand, whilst believing in an unseen, all knowing Big Man, talked about in a book.

Very true!

Also pretty much all religions believe in the same events happening (big flood that wiped out most of the earth etc) they just explain it in different ways.

Basically they pretty much all stem back to the same events happening in the past though... kind of makes religious wars a bit ridiculous when you think about it (not that they arent even if you dont think about it, and most religious wars are nothing to do with religion anyway)

They all talk about powerful beings descending from the skies and changing humanity... I think i'd be more inclined to believe those beings were aliens than "gods", although it could be argued that if aliens manipulated our DNA or even created us that they are actually "gods" by definition.

I find it a hoot that many religious types will dismiss this out of hand, whilst believing in an unseen, all knowing Big Man, talked about in a book.

Also amusing all the conspiricy theorists that will believe it is signs of aliens whilst dismissing rational arguments.

Its a fake BTW.

Also amusing all the conspiricy theorists that will believe it is signs of aliens whilst dismissing rational arguments.

Its a fake BTW.

There is no proof of aliens, most if not all pics & videos are fakes or mis-identifications. If there are weird craft flying around in our skies there's a fair chance most if not all are human created and secret projects.

However despite all that it still makes a whole lot more sense that there's such things as "aliens" over "god(s)"

Edited by ajax_andy

Its a fake BTW.

There is no proof of aliens, most if not all pics & videos are fakes or mis-identifications. If there are weird craft flying around in our skies there's a fair chance most if not all are human created and secret projects.

However despite all that it still makes a whole lot more sense that there's such things as "aliens" over "god(s)"

Depends how you define g-d doesnt it? Its common amongst atheists to believe religion and science are at odds, nothing could be further from the truth.....but its trendy to laugh at religious types whilst believing beyond all doubt (and against scientific proof) that 9-11 was an inside job.

People trying to look intelligent innit.

Its a fake BTW.

Where did I say it was aliens like?

I find ritual cock mutilation in the name of religion highly amusing, if not backward. But there you go.

Its common amongst atheists to believe religion and science are at odds, nothing could be further from the truth.

They're as diametrically opposed as any two things can be - no amount of apologist twisting can change that.

Its a fake BTW.

Depends how you define g-d doesnt it? Its common amongst atheists to believe religion and science are at odds, nothing could be further from the truth.....but its trendy to laugh at religious types whilst believing beyond all doubt (and against scientific proof) that 9-11 was an inside job.

People trying to look intelligent innit.

Well if you look at the theory of creation over evolution then yes they are at odds with each other... they couldn't be more at odds if they tried.

I define "gods" as those specified in the specific religious texts they belong too... how else could you define them?

I actually think its best to look at all the "evidence" available and make an informed opinion... there is no solid evidence available to the likes of you and I to suggest either Aliens or Gods exist... however as our understanding of life on this and potentially other planets increases, the odds of one being possible increases and the other decreases.

911 has nothing to do with this subject, but to dismiss the possibility of it being anything other than "terrorists" smacks of a very narrow view point. Again there's no solid evidence available to the likes of you and I, so you have to look at all the circumstantial evidence for both sides... neither adds up and therefore its impossible to have a definitive answer for either side... however there is no "scientific proof" as you state that either side of that argument is correct.

But like i said that really has nothing to do with this thread and could be debated all day long in its own thread.

To throw 911 in here is just someone with a narrow view point on anything "conspiracy" trying to cast everyone who believes in one thing as part of the "tin foil hat brigade"... which like I said shows a very narrow point of view and an inability to debate the subject matter correctly

Its common amongst atheists to believe religion and science are at odds, nothing could be further from the truth.

They're as diametrically opposed as any two things can be - no amount of apologist twisting can change that.

Wrong.

The problem, at rock bottom, is this: If nothing happens without a cause, then something must have caused the universe to appear. But then we are faced with the inevitable question of what caused that something. And so on in an infinite regress. Some people simply proclaim that God created the universe, but children always want to know who created God, and that line of questioning gets uncomfortably difficult.

One evasive tactic is to claim that the universe didn't have a beginning, that it has existed for all eternity. Unfortunately, there are many scientific reasons why this obvious idea is unsound. For starters, given an infinite amount of time, anything that can happen will already have happened, for if a physical process is likely to occur with a certain nonzero probability-however small-then given an infinite amount of time the process must occur, with probability one. By now, the universe should have reached some sort of final state in which all possible physical processes have run their course. Furthermore, you don't explain the existence of the universe by asserting that it has always existed. That is rather like saying that nobody wrote the Bible: it was. just copied from earlier versions. Quite apart from all this, there is very good evidence that the universe did come into existence in a big bang, about fifteen billion years ago. The effects of that primeval explosion are clearly detectable today-in the fact that the universe is still expanding, and is filled with an afterglow of radiant heat.

So if nothing happens without a cause, what caused the beginning of the universe? Surely as it defies the laws of physics, it is by definition something devine, wouldnt you say?

Was the spelling mistake at the end to try and pretend you didnt copy that from somewhere?

Nah i copied it.

Didnt realise we had to include appendices on our posts now

The above is an extract from a piece by Paul Davies theoretical physicist and professor of natural philosophy at the University of Adelaide.