Pardew: Vuckic and LuaLua will get chance

Christmas Tree

ALAN PARDEW today told Newcastle United young guns Haris Vuckic and Kazenga LuaLua: "You will get your chance under me."

The Toon boss is expected to welcome the pair back next month after long-term injury, and Pardew will throw the gauntlet down to the attacking duo.

Injury-hit United have been forced to draft in youngsters such as Michael Richardson and Paul Dummett to their match-day squads in the Premier League in the last two games as cover.

But 18-year-old Vuckic, who was tracked by both Real Madrid and AC Milan as a youngster, has been tipped to be a real star of the future. The Slovenian was hit by knee bother in November, but made three appearances under Chris Hughton in the Carling Cup this term.

LuaLua broke his leg while playing for Brighton at Hartlepool in November, but is making “good progress” from the setback after netting four in 12 appearances for the Seagulls.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “Haris has had a little operation to tidy up the knee. Kaz is also on the way back to recovery, but he’s a fair way away at the moment.”

LuaLua certainly has the ability to excite Toon fans with a wide range of crossing and a venomous shot with either foot to go with a bag of tricks akin to his elder brother.

Still just 20, LuaLua has been unfortunate with injury, and former boss Hughton seemed reluctant to hand him a chance last season while in the Championship, despite the player putting in an excellent pre-season in 2009.

When asked if he would get that chance under Pardew, he said: “Yes he will. I enjoyed watching him play a fair bit last season when he was at Brighton. He’s got pace and he’s direct – I like those sort of players.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1DN2G8Ac4

Great news. I would love to see his loan spell finish and let him have a go on the left wing.

Brighton season ticket at work rates Lua Lua, and he thinks he's got a future potentially as a centre forward, but reckons he's not premier league quality yet.

Don't wanna piss on anybody's chips, but I went to see Leyton Orient Vs Brighton last week and a paraplegic would have looked half decent in that league. Would love to see him get a chance and prove what he's capable of though.

nee mention of Ferguson in there, yee must be heartbroken.

That's because he's already a permanent fixture of the first team squad having being on the bench for the last 5 or 6 games....... :lol:

Not to open a can of worms but that's because there's nee fucker else who can play wide left in the squad.

That's because he's already a permanent fixture of the first team squad having being on the bench for the last 5 or 6 games....... :lol:

Not to open a can of worms but that's because there's nee fucker else who can play wide left in the squad.

Dont disagree and I appreciate he may be a few years off getting a regular start (if good enough), but currently, when Jonas is having an off day, I see no harm in letting the lad be an impact sub as Ranger has been.

Youth doesnt have to mean no good.

I think as sure as eggs are eggs, Lua Lua will be the permanent left winger next season.

Dont disagree and I appreciate he may be a few years off getting a regular start (if good enough), but currently, when Jonas is having an off day, I see no harm in letting the lad be an impact sub as Ranger has been.

I think as sure as eggs are eggs, Lua Lua will be the permanent left winger next season.

I've seen him play for Brighton - if he is our permamnent LW then we will be in trouble

I've seen him play for Brighton - if he is our permamnent LW then we will be in trouble

Why do you say that? He has had rave reviews for them, they are desperate to sign him and he's scored some screamers apparently.

That's because he's already a permanent fixture of the first team squad having being on the bench for the last 5 or 6 games....... ;)

Why do you say that? He has had rave reviews for them, they are desperate to sign him and he's scored some screamers apparently.

Because unlike you he's actually seen him play.

Scoring 'some screamers' does not suddenly make him a good footballer. Ryan Taylor's scored a fair few 'screamers' in his time.