Players Wages!!

henda11

I keep having this arugement over and over with this old cunt at work. She moans & moans about what players are paid these days. Yes they are over paid, but she keeps moaning on and on about it.

Part of her arguement is correct, but i keep having the same battle with her that if it was one of her relatives that were getting paid that much then she wouldn't be fucking complaining. Not to mention the fact that i told her its mostly the clubs who offer the players that much, and its not like the player is going to say " ahh nah here, fuck it i'll have 10 grand a week instead of a 100 grand ".

All in all the clubs choose to pay them that much, and its not like they are going to say no. Its a short career and they need to make as much as they can.

"sock tits" ;)

Maybe it's an age thing. It's easier to justify the wages if you think of the players as performers or entertainers rather than workers. What I object to is utterly mediocre players getting paid a fortune, whether or not they play.

Their wages correspond with the money that circulates around the game.

Even though some very average players are getting paid massive amounts - it would be madness for say someone like Messi to be getting paid a couple of grand a week.

Short career, the money they're paid reflects the fact the men earning those are actually at the top of their game/ Just tell her film stars are on a fortune, and there are as many film stars who are apparently mediocre on sickening wages too. As are Lawyers, Business Execs, etc.

If you consider how many footballers players are actually on big wages, then compare that to other careers, then you'd see the top earners are comparatively few. The thing that will stick in her throat is that these guys are on large wages for doing a job most lads would kill for. Think how many lads try to become a pro, think how few are good enough to get to a level where they're paid stupid amounts.

basically she's regurgitating clichés because she craves attention. Boot her in her raggedy rotten cloot

Their wages correspond with the money that circulates around the game.

Even though some very average players are getting paid massive amounts - it would be madness for say someone like Messi to be getting paid a couple of grand a week.

Yes. I've always thought the way to deal with this is performance related pay & bonuses and a basic that reflects a player's status. But I suppose the market dictates the wages that can be demanded by agents

"sock tits" ;)

This.

It's obscene that anyone gets more in a week for kicking a ball than a doctor gets in a year, but that's the going rate for top players.

What you going to do about it? Salary cap? Much more complicated to apply to football than it is to the big four American sports, because players can move to different countries with different currencies, standards of living and tax laws. For a salary cap to work properly you also need a limit on squad sizes, transparency on wages & contracts (which will never happen) and a draft system (which will definitely never happen).

"sock tits" ;)

This.

It's obscene that anyone gets more in a week for kicking a ball than a doctor gets in a year, but that's the going rate for top players.

What you going to do about it? Salary cap? Much more complicated to apply to football than it is to the big four American sports, because players can move to different countries with different currencies, standards of living and tax laws. For a salary cap to work properly you also need a limit on squad sizes, transparency on wages & contracts (which will never happen) and a draft system (which will definitely never happen).

Nah, I wasn't advocating a salary cap as such. Just changing the mix of pay - low basic, high bonus. Top players get really big bonuses (if they play). Bit like Stevie's wages I should imagine :D

I'm not sure what your point is. Thats less than some man city players earn for a start.

And the NFL is the only sport that has anything like a salary cap even though its not absolute. The others are "flexible". And NFL money is not guaranteed unlike footballer's contracts.

"sock tits" ;)

This.

Agree re the salary cap difficulties, the only thing that could be done IMO, is to revenue share completely evenly, i.e. all competition and TV dosh is shared between all the teams (including the Champs League riches) but teams should be able to keep their own generated income (matchday and merchandise) that way supporting your team actually counts for something.

If we, I, you wanted to be a doctor, like really really wanted to, we could do it. Same as a nurse, if we really really wanted to and put our minds to it, we could. Yeah.

If we, I, you wanted to be a professional footballer we'd have no fhance whatsoever. Only a tiny tiny percentage of players earn the top dollar.

The main issue though being the amount of mediocre players on 20G a week etc. That needs to be clamped down on but the world class players earn there money as any other top performer, actor etc does.

The main issue though being the amount of mediocre players on 20G a week etc. That needs to be clamped down on but the world class players earn there money as any other top performer, actor etc does.

That's it in a nutshell for me.

If we, I, you wanted to be a doctor, like really really wanted to, we could do it. Same as a nurse, if we really really wanted to and put our minds to it, we could. Yeah.

If we, I, you wanted to be a professional footballer we'd have no fhance whatsoever. Only a tiny tiny percentage of players earn the top dollar.

way to kill the dream of a scout seeing me playing at lunchtime in work and signing me up :D

If a scout saw me spitting out a chewer and hitting it on the volley in the smoking shed at graft, I'd be looking at a 5 year 40grand a week contract tbh. ;)

2 points here.

1, what you doing letting a woman answer you back?

2, Clubs attract crowds/fans, companys notice the amount of fans that will view their advert so they pay millions, tv stations realise these fans will pay to watch their team on their channel so again throw millions at it to have to rights.

Nobody at that club attracts fans apart from the players. Not one person goes to the game to watch the chairman or the directors or the press officer.

It's the players that attract the money so why shouldn't they have their cut?