Lara Logan

DesperateDannyB

I have but fortunatly I am not a desperate animal. Joking aside, what does this say about that country? In fact that whole area.

I will never be holidaying there again.

Maybe you can explain why protesters anxious to get their message out would assault international news media figures?

THEY WOULDN'T. The multitude of attacks on reporters, including this one, were instigated and carried out by Mubarak's cronies in the interior ministry. That's pretty much common knowledge by now. But thanks for the implication about 'that whole area', you fucking yahudi cunt, that was really classy. One rape in Egypt = all Egyptians are rapists, is that it? I thought we left that kind of thinking behind in the 19th century. Of course, 'thinking' seems a little beyond you.

I wouldn't call 200 hundred people an "isolated incident". How many places on earth would you get a group of 200 and at least some of them saying "wait this is wrong" and intervening?

The fact it was women who saved her says it all. Where were all the concerned males whilst this was going on?

ATP, I really think that you need to think twice before mud slinging because, the best form of defence here is definitely not attack.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have but fortunatly I am not a desperate animal. Joking aside, what does this say about that country? In fact that whole area.

Maybe you can explain why protesters anxious to get their message out would assault international news media figures?

THEY WOULDN'T. The multitude of attacks on reporters, including this one, were instigated and carried out by Mubarak's cronies in the interior ministry. That's pretty much common knowledge by now. But thanks for the implication about 'that whole area', you fucking yahudi cunt, that was really classy. One rape in Egypt = all Egyptians are rapists, is that it? I thought we left that kind of thinking behind in the 19th century. Of course, 'thinking' seems a little beyond you.

128679579683332020.jpg

Aren't you complaining about him using stereotypes, then basically calling him a Jewish Cunt?

No response?

128679579683332020.jpg

Aren't you complaining about him using stereotypes, then basically calling him a Jewish Cunt?

No response?

The loony left just sling mud and run away under any real scrutiny, its always been the way.

No response?

Missed your one-line post at first. His being a Jew and being a cunt aren't related, but both are true.

@Danny: Nothing you said in any way addressed what I posted. I didn't say anything about isolated incidents or whatever else you said. Try to keep up. The article also notes that soldiers rescued her along with women, and that sexual assaults had become prevalent after Mubarak 'supporters' (also known paid minions of the interior ministry) began to attack. Like I said, this is the work of Mubarak's cronies, and I don't expect any better from people who get paid to beat and torture their countrymen and, yes, sexually assault their countrymen. Their crimes have no bearing on the rest of Egyptians or on anyone else.

@Wacky: Nice try. You said, "why is she putting herself in amongst them fucking savages anyway", obviously meaning Egyptians (since she clearly didn't put herself amongst rapists intentionally), then tried to pass it off to mean you were only calling the ones who assaulted her savages. I don't care if you meant it with malice or not, my point is that it has become so (wrongly) acceptable to aim abuse at Arabs/Muslims.

No response?

Missed your one-line post at first. His being a Jew and being a cunt aren't related, but both are true.

@Danny: Nothing you said in any way addressed what I posted. I didn't say anything about isolated incidents or whatever else you said. Try to keep up. The article also notes that soldiers rescued her along with women, and that sexual assaults had become prevalent after Mubarak 'supporters' (also known paid minions of the interior ministry) began to attack. Like I said, this is the work of Mubarak's cronies, and I don't expect any better from people who get paid to beat and torture their countrymen and, yes, sexually assault their countrymen. Their crimes have no bearing on the rest of Egyptians or on anyone else.

@Wacky: Nice try. You said, "why is she putting herself in amongst them fucking savages anyway", obviously meaning Egyptians (since she clearly didn't put herself amongst rapists intentionally), then tried to pass it off to mean you were only calling the ones who assaulted her savages. I don't care if you meant it with malice or not, my point is that it has become so (wrongly) acceptable to aim abuse at Arabs/Muslims.

I'll ask you again. If civilian women had the guts to go in and help, where were the civilian men?

I would expect the heavily American funded army to do the right thing.

I wonder if you can try and turn this on its head?

"About 60 percent of Egyptian women and 98 percent of foreign women are harassed on a daily basis, according to a 2008 study published by the Egyptian Center for Women’s Rights"

“There is no law criminalizing sexual harassment in Egypt,” says New York based and award-winning Washington Post columnist, Mona Eltahawy. A native of Egypt, international speaker on Arab and Muslim issues and former reporter for Reuters news in Cairo and Jerusalem, Eltahawy has been vigilant in her stand on human rights and women’s rights.

“Police often refuse to report women’s complaints,” added Eltahawy. “And when it is the police themselves who are harassing women, then clearly women’s safety is far from a priority in Egypt.”

This is not a new problem. In fact, the problem has been simmering silently since the fall of 2006, when dozens of men and boys attacked and assaulted women outside a downtown a Cairo cinema. In a mob style attack, the perpetrators attempted to grope and tear at any passing woman’s clothes in the October attack.

On the streets of Cairo in 2006, eyewitnesses and citizen reporters’ pictures were clear proof that terror against women had taken place, despite denials by police and the Ministry of Interior. Some of the photos revealed police watching from a distance in amusement and indifference to the women’s predicament.

Making matters complicated, approximately 70 percent of the men surveyed admitted to participating in harassing women, not taking matters seriously and even blaming women.

Mohsen Reda, an Egyptian Member of Parliament, said women should be dressed more modestly as “a lot of our youth can’t afford marriage so it is only normal for some harassment to take place.”

So, let me get this straight- a perceived slight on Islam on a message board raises more anger than an actual mob rape?

Fucked up. Utterly fucked up.

Raises more anger with one particular poster...who has been subject to an intergalactic cunting from everyone else involved, including the local retard in the form of Wacky.

One way taxi to Bridgend for ATP.

Edited by DesperateDannyB

So, let me get this straight- a perceived slight on Islam on a message board raises more anger than an actual mob rape?

Raises more anger with one particular poster...who has been subject to an intergalactic cunting from everyone else involved, including the local retard in the form of Wacky.

not quite as bad as the intergalactic cunting you got for your wiki exploits.... :lol:

Religion = man-made misogynist bullshit. There was a young girl in my area who was on the end of an honour killing. It originates from the same roots as all Abrahamic religions and takes face in blatant misogyny and the stultification of women's rights. Just look at the fucking gypos and how they treat their women. An absolute disgrace.

Religion = man-made misogynist bullshit. There was a young girl in my area who was on the end of an honour killing. It originates from the same roots as all Abrahamic religions and takes face in blatant misogyny and the stultification of women's rights. Just look at the fucking gypos and how they treat their women. An absolute disgrace.

I'm pretty blatant in my abhorrence of all religions but that's a tad simplistic imo - religions are mysoginist/patriarchal because that's the way most societies have been so religions as the man made control mechanisms that they are refelect that. Unfortunately a feedback loop in poorer countries amplifies the culture/religion mix until things like FGM can't be identified as belonging to one or the other - in reality they belong to both.

Not the greatest of threads this one. Making light of a gang-rape is pretty sad. OK, we haven't a graphic report of her injuries and ordeal but she was left to her own devices for 30 minutes. Fucking hell. And to make an argument or sub-topic about racism, and/or religion is just wrong.

Fucking hell could ATP have been anymore comprehensively burried than he has been in this thread?

What a total cunt.

Yet still not as much of a cunt as the virgins in here who have made a joke of attack, I pretty much hope they get aids tbh.

You're the kind of dullard who would post a load of unrelated crap and then declare the subject of your spam 'burried.' I also wonder where all your asterisks disappeared to all of a sudden. Did mother give you permission to use bad words like 'fuck' on t'internets?

Back on topic, I am well aware of sexual harassment issues in Egypt. I've lived there and more relevantly wor lass, who is American, has lived there. I also want to make clear to you that while I don't doubt the accuracy of those numbers, they might be misleading if they make you think that 60% of Egyptians and 98% of foreign women are subject to sexual assault on a regular basis. The overwhelmingly most common form of 'harassment' is sleazy men following you around and trying to pull you. This kind of thing can and does happen anywhere - women are subject to that sort of sexual harassment on a daily basis in Harlem, NY, where I live, for example. Does that mean all blacks are 'savages' or 'animals'?

Moving on to the more worrying issues, the problem is twofold. Firstly, there are simply too many young, educated, unemployed and unmarried men in Egypt. That's one of the chief reasons why the revolution started - because these people can't find jobs or wives or anything to settle them, they could see how rotten their society was, and their anger built up until it reached breaking point. So we've got a lot of young, horny and angry guys. That should never be an excuse, or even a reason, for sexual assault or harassment to take place.

However, there's another factor to this issue, and that's the complete laxity of the government with regard to women's rights. When your country is a police state and the police are the most notably corrupt apparatus of that state, there's going to be a serious problem. The police don't protect who they are meant to be protecting and often brutalise them instead. When you have MPs (also corrupt) making excuses for how this happens, women of any race, religion, or what have you will never be protected. If the police were doing what they were supposed to do, it would be very clear that violence or harassment of women is illegal and would be punished by the law. However, they were not doing their jobs and had not been doing them for more than 30 years. But all of the above is completely separate from what happened to the reporter anyway, and is just intended to reply to your Googled quotes about sexual harassment in Egypt.

A mob attacked Lara Logan. That can happen anywhere where there exists a mob, especially anywhere there exists a mob that is agitated by government agents. Why didn't men help out? That's what a mob is. Mob mentality takes over. In this situation, there were no police or other authority figures who were able to protect her from the mob, so she was not protected until some women were able to fetch people who were able to protect her, namely the army.

This situation could have taken place in any country in the world. When riots and lawlessness happen, people - men and women - get hurt. Where the guardians of the law fail to uphold it, people who are meant to be protected are not. What I fail to understand is what any of this has to do with Egyptians besides that it happened in Egypt (when it could have happened anywhere) and why many people in this thread (and in other threads, and in our daily lives, etc etc) are so willing to make generalizations based on this attack which was symptomatic of a breakdown in the rule of law rather than any cultural or religious influences.

I'm done posting in this thread since 1) I don't think I'm making my point very clear anyway and 2) I can't bear to read any more tiresome crap from racist wankers, so I'll conclude by saying that I'm very sorry for and sympathetic toward Ms Logan and glad to hear that she wasn't raped although that doesn't mean that what she went through wasn't still horrifying and completely unjust. I'll also ask a question - how do you think she was separated from her security team, and why do you think her news affiliates chose to keep the story in-house for however long it was - 4 days? I think her station may be more culpable in this then they're prepared to admit.

This situation could have taken place in any country in the world. When riots and lawlessness happen, people - men and women - get hurt. Where the guardians of the law fail to uphold it, people who are meant to be protected are not. What I fail to understand is what any of this has to do with Egyptians besides that it happened in Egypt (when it could have happened anywhere) and why many people in this thread (and in other threads, and in our daily lives, etc etc) are so willing to make generalizations based on this attack which was symptomatic of a breakdown in the rule of law rather than any cultural or religious influences.

I think that's an excellent post in general but I would pick up on this bit - you've already identified the factors which apply specifically to many Muslim countries in that young men are horny with little outlet because of the restraints so I think the "Could have happened anywhere" view is a bit naive.

Do your parents not like you using the word 'r@cist' or something?

Work filtered it out?

i do it off my own back. I am at work.

In the loosest sense of the phrase.

No response?

Get these off you daft bastard, it's the likes of you that give muslims a bad name.

teaserbq-vi.jpg

For the record I reckon when the world eventually comes to a violent end, and it will, the muslims will be responsible for it.

Edited by Jusoda Kid

I sincerely hope you hang yourself Danny, if only for your lasses sake. You've been torn apart on this board on numerous occasions, proved to be a liar and yet you still come back for more.

I sincerely hope you hang yourself Danny, if only for your lasses sake. You've been torn apart on this board on numerous occasions, proved to be a liar and yet you still come back for more.

Can I borrow your noose?

Wait, my feet....they're touching the floor......this isn't working out