barton hamburg

bobbyshinton

I understand the clubs stance on this one. We got nowt out of him until last season and I'm not totally convinced that he isn't a timebomb waiting to go off at any time, his form is excellent but after his past behaviour he should be grateful that he's still here

I understand the clubs stance on this one. We got nowt out of him until last season and I'm not totally convinced that he isn't a timebomb waiting to go off at any time, his form is excellent but after his past behaviour he should be grateful that he's still here

Trophy signing then get rid when they come good.

I'm not saying get rid I'm saying Barton should be happy with 2 years, unless he's worried about keeping his nice guy act up for that long

Guest LeazesLad

I'm not saying get rid I'm saying Barton should be happy with 2 years, unless he's worried about keeping his nice guy act up for that long

He's 28 though not like he's in his 30's he has shown them good faith by being willing to take a £20k a week payrise, very, very commendable given the fact if he moved there's every chance he'd retain his big salary, and I think all that he is expecting in return is a show of goodwill from the club. It can't be all one sided in the clubs favour. You tell me a player who has been playing his best football in his career, who's asked the club for a contract 20k a week less than he's on, I can't think of one. I've got no doubt Willie McKay is saying wtf ye deein ya scouse cunt, but such is Barton's desire to stay and put the club in a position where they'd be comfortable with him staying wage wise, he's willing to do it. To be fair as well, it's two years almost since he worked himsel, been good as gold since then.

And if he stays good both in form and behaviour wise then he'll get another contract, I don't think excellent form for 6 months in 4 years gives him the right to 3 years. Where's the 20k figure from anyway mate?

Guest LeazesLad
And if he stays good both in form and behaviour wise then he'll get another contract, I don't think excellent form for 6 months in 4 years gives him the right to 3 years. Where's the 20k figure from anyway mate?

Well he's taking a reported £1m a year cut in wages, that equates to circa 20k. I think they could easy say look you're not getting 5s but we'll give you 4's with a good behaviour bond in the contract, it doesn't even seem like they're willing to do that.

If the club are to move forward we need to keep the likes of Barton, Tiote, Enrique and so on.

They've left it a bit late with both of those players like. I.e. only a year left come the summer.

If the club are to move forward we need to keep the likes of Barton, Tiote, Enrique and so on.

They've left it a bit late with both of those players like. I.e. only a year left come the summer.

well im still optimistic they will stay mean both of them havent said they want to go, Barton wants to stay here for the rest of his career

This is very worrying. we can not lose Barton he has been fantastic. Why doesnt they give him what they want

If, and its a very big IF the article has any truth he has asked for a 3 year extension. That means, 3 years on top of his remaining 18 months. He is 28 now, so a 4 1/2 year deal will take him to nearly 33. Even if he is willing to take a pay cut I personally think he is too old for a contract that length. He should be one 2/3 year contracts followed by the odd one year extension from now on. I can understand it with the younger lads but if his form dips again or if he gets himself in to trouble again it could be very costly.

Don't get me wrong, he has been great this season but this club owes him nowt. We have stuck by him through thick and thin whilst paying him a fucking fortune. If I was the club I would not be offering 18 months plus a further 3 years!

He punched pederson got suspended and cost us points :lol:

How many points has he won us with his assits and grafting?

How many did he lose us by not being matchfit after spending a pre season in the slammer. I'm not knocking his form, I just don't think he deserves to be in a huge bargaining position after his behaviour in the first 2-3 years of his current deal.