Gigs: 2011 & 2012

Gene_Clark

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off to see The Civil Wars at the Union Chapel in a few weeks. Love the venue, like what I've heard of the duo. Should be nice.

Smashing. :D Two encores, gorgeous acoustics, pretty decent support act too. Random cover of the Smashing Pumpkins' "Disarm" in the middle of the set and all.

• 4 weeks later...

Black Keys @ Apollo, Manchester

Stone Roses @ Heaton Park, Manchester

Arctic Monkeys @ Echo Arena, Liverpool

Smashing Pumpkins @ Apollo, Manchester

Kasabian w/ Miles Kane @ Echo Arena, Liverpool

Miles Kane @ 02 Academy, Liverpool

Shed Seven @ 02 Academy, Liverpool

Mates wanting to go to T in the Park aswell as they've had the best line ups past few years, also want to go to mainland europe when the Stone Roses tour

Edited by Idioteque

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my tickets to Black Stone Cherry supported by Rival Sons in London in March. Pretty much the only thing I've got booked this year, massively looking forward to it. Saw BSC a couple of years ago at Hammersmith and they were superb live, a lot of fun and energy and clearly enjoying it themselves. Then saw Rival Sons in November last year and they were just epic. Cannot recommend them enough. So hoping I've not built this up too much in my head!

Got my tickets to Black Stone Cherry supported by Rival Sons in London in March. Pretty much the only thing I've got booked this year, massively looking forward to it. Saw BSC a couple of years ago at Hammersmith and they were superb live, a lot of fun and energy and clearly enjoying it themselves. Then saw Rival Sons in November last year and they were just epic. Cannot recommend them enough. So hoping I've not built this up too much in my head!

youve just reminded me, going to see Bonamassa in march

Springsteen in June :D

youve just reminded me, going to see Bonamassa in march

Springsteen in July :D

Jealous :(

Andrew, think he's taken to playing some less played stuff on his latest tour, would love to see him do The River. Fantastic song.

AH, Clee, where are you seeing the Boss?

I'm off to see him at Roskilde Festival in Denmark. The Cure the other headliners announced so far, so should be a good 'un! Hoping Sigur Ros get announced, to see them in Scandinavia would be unreal. Never been to a festival outside of the UK like so gonna be a bit weird but still can't say no Springsteen.

Very jealous of you seeing Laura Marling, Sammy. Missed her at The Sage by just never bothering opening up those What's On books they send.

Aye, looking forward to it, mate. I must be on a few mailing lists these days and you get no end of shit sent through, so I've probably missed a few decent acts myself for not wading through it all, but well pleased I got on this one.

Quite acoustic flavoured for me in the next few weeks:

The Staves at The Cluny, Thurs 23 Feb

Fairport Convention at the Sage, Sun 26 Feb

Joan Baez at the Sage, Tues 28 Feb

Rob Noakes at Porters, Tynemouth, Sunday 4 March (providing I get back from a weekend in Arbroath in time)

It gets noisier after that with Sexual Objects at the Star & Shadow 16th March

Then quieter again Ray Laidlaw & Friends, Cluny 2 on 23rd March

Big gap until Christy Moore at City Hall on Easter Sunday, then Sandy Denny tribute night at Sage in late May

Goodness, I'm a folkophile these days......

Tune Yards playing tonight, only found out about it yesterday. Sold out.

I was at her/their Shepherd's Bush Empire gig on Wednesday night. I'd love to say it was shit but it was bloody fantastic. Sorry. :(

The Staves at The Cluny, Thurs 23 Feb

Saw them supporting The Civil Wars last year. They're lurvely.