Gigs: 2011 & 2012

Gene_Clark

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

07/07 - The Fall at Hoult's Yard

21/07 - NARC Festival in Ouseburn pubs

Who are you planning to see at the latteR? and what was the former like? saw them at the riverside a few months ago. Left with the absolute conviction that Mark E. is a total bell end on account of the 1.15 or so late stage time. There's being nonchalant about gigging which, at a stretch is somewhat endearing. Then there is Mark E. Smith's self assumed divine right to go on when he wants to at the ejaculation of the diehard Fall fans who consider it a necessary part of a Fall gig.

n.b. I love the Fall

To take the second point first, I've not really looked at the line up yet, but I know Parastatic are playing The Tanners & I need to see them.

The Fall were excellent; blogged about it here http://payaso-del-mierda.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/that-man-loves-you.html

some excellent youtube footage as well, especially "Nate will not return" - much better than November, as atmosphere was excellent, band were superb & MES in a great mood.

Got tickets to see hundred reasons play all of ideas above our station in London in November. Looking forward to that. Nothing else, but hoping to see rival sons again when the new album comes out.

Oh and Brock, nothing like a nice combine!

Edited by Bonamental

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dirty Three tomorrow at Sage 2, then Vic Godard with The Sexual Objects at the Star & shadow on Friday.

Thank goodness for music, as football always lets you down.

Enjoy the Dirty 3, rumour has it that this will be their last gigs for a long time.

The Hard Ons this Saturday if I can, GS!YBE, MBV and einstürzende neubauten all in Feb 2013. :thumbup:

With Thee Oh Sees, Unknown Mortal Orchestra and 65daysofstatic also playing shows in the next month or three.

Dirty Three tomorrow at Sage 2, then Vic Godard with The Sexual Objects at the Star & shadow on Friday.

Was gonna go to the dirty 3 but my mate that fancied it would only pay for one so we went to see the northern simphonia in hall one last night instead. They were doing tv and movie themes. Great stuff. Got the crowd involved for Thunderbirds and ghostbusters.

Went to see Squeeze supported by Paul Heaton on Friday night...got there at half 7, twenty to eight Heaton shuffled on to stage looking like the archityple ageing football hooligan he undoubtedly is. By 7-50pm he's launched in to "old red eyes is back" and grown men were stifling sobs :lol: He was singing from lyric sheets preched on a stand in front of him, he's fucked on the drink like but what a voice he's still got.They did a few new ones, a couple by the Beautiful South and a couple by the Housemartins. At the end they did "Me and the Farmer" followed by, for the final number, the 3 piece band joining Heaton for an acapella "Caravan of Love"...to say it brought the house down doesnt really do it justice. By now every fucker was crying! And with that the Squeeze show climaxed without them even being on the stage :lol:

Squeeze were really, really good. But Glen Tillbrook looks like he'd either lead your IT department (my suggestion) or sell you a pension (mrs PL's take on his beige suit get up). The songs were and remain very good too, but they dont have two as good as CoL or red eyes, and they dont have a vocalist that makes grown men cry.

Enjoy the Dirty 3, rumour has it that this will be their last gigs for a long time.

The Hard Ons this Saturday if I can, GS!YBE, MBV and einstürzende neubauten all in Feb 2013. :thumbup:

With Thee Oh Sees, Unknown Mortal Orchestra and 65daysofstatic also playing shows in the next month or three.

get some ear plugs!!!

Dirty 3 last played in 2005, so I presume Warren Ellis now has some work with Nick Cave to occupy him

Went to see Squeeze supported by Paul Heaton on Friday night...got there at half 7, twenty to eight Heaton shuffled on to stage looking like the archityple ageing football hooligan he undoubtedly is. By 7-50pm he's launched in to "old red eyes is back" and grown men were stifling sobs :lol: He was singing from lyric sheets preched on a stand in front of him, he's fucked on the drink like but what a voice he's still got.They did a few new ones, a couple by the Beautiful South and a couple by the Housemartins. At the end they did "Me and the Farmer" followed by, for the final number, the 3 piece band joining Heaton for an acapella "Caravan of Love"...to say it brought the house down doesnt really do it justice. By now every fucker was crying! And with that the Squeeze show climaxed without them even being on the stage :lol:

Squeeze were really, really good. But Glen Tillbrook looks like he'd either lead your IT department (my suggestion) or sell you a pension (mrs PL's take on his beige suit get up). The songs were and remain very good too, but they dont have two as good as CoL or red eyes, and they dont have a vocalist that makes grown men cry.

Friend from work saw Heaton at the Dorset Arms in Wallsend the other year.

strangest venue i've ever heard of

• 2 weeks later...