Tiote signs until 2017

Del Pede

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours on the phone to your brother? Has he been trapped down a Chilean mine or summat?

I only see/speak to him once in a blue moon unfortunately.

His wife's a proper pain in the arse. :(

"She said what?....you know what her problem is, she doesn't consider your feelings at all! Mam was right about her all along! Hang on a second, I'll just put the kettle on.."

"Ok, Asprilla" *sniff*

:o

2 hours on the phone to your brother? Has he been trapped down a Chilean mine or summat?

I only see/speak to him once in a blue moon unfortunately.

His wife's a proper pain in the arse. :(

"She said what?....you know what her problem is, she doesn't consider your feelings at all! Mam was right about her all along! Hang on a second, I'll just put the kettle on.."

"Ok, Asprilla" *sniff*

:o

:(

Sadly a bit more than that.....

Ah well sorry if it's more serious stuff than that, mate. Nee harm meant.

Don't worry dude, shit happens. :o

The only real tragedy is he was my best mate up until he met her....

That is a fucker. Always summat off when other significant relationships around the couple suffer. Don't know owt about your brother's circumstances, but that sort of stuff often screams neediness (from the partner).

So we'll get double the money in the summer. Great!

Indeed we will. Sign them up to long term contracts and then you can demand a bigger transfer fee.

Which narrows down the number of potential suitors to those you can do fuck all about anyway and even then it's gonna cost them and maybe make them think twice.

So you don't deny that's FMA's intentions then? :o

Seriously man you need to give your head a shake. Those that are likely to come in for him are the clubs occupying the top 6 places. And not one of them will think twice about financial outlay if they feel he'll vastly improve their squad.

I can honestly see Man Utd interested in him given the state of their central midfield.

Still the right move for the club though Craig. Toonpack is correct when he says their is little you can do if silly money and champions league clubs come knocking. At the very least you want to make sure if that happens we get the best price possible surely.

are you still conceding inferiority to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs ?

Try not to derail a positive thread for once.

relevant comment that needs an answer tbh.

Your a one trick pony bore mate. Lifes too short for your ilk.

more irony.

You might think we are inferior to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, but some of us don't. The club should be aiming to get above these teams asap.

Is literally what every post of yours boils down to and it's only shorthand for "outspend everyone" at the end of the day, however you dress it up.

You could save time by abbreviating each one of your posts to: 'asap' and we'd still get the message.

obsessed.

Like it or not, what I said in the other thread is exactly what Ashley has done to the club.

And you're still an obsessed wanker, that posts a load of old bollocks.

Ah well sorry if it's more serious stuff than that, mate. Nee harm meant.

Don't worry dude, shit happens. :(

The only real tragedy is he was my best mate up until he met her....

That is a fucker. Always summat off when other significant relationships around the couple suffer. Don't know owt about your brother's circumstances, but that sort of stuff often screams neediness (from the partner).

Oh yeah...she's a headcase.

I'm a pretty understanding chap. I've had my share of dark days and usually people are :o cunts :( because deep down they're unhappy and something made them that way. But....after years of giving them the benefit of the doubt and them not doing anything about it you just sort of give up and think, cheers, you just fucked up a good situation and gave nothing back.

Anyway dude, cheers. We've all got baggage in our families haven't we....it's just how it is!

Stevie you're being a bit hypocritical re: carroll and bringing him up here, you even said at the time we had to sell him for that money

Carroll is a different matter, and I'D STILL have taken the money for him, because it's the only way we could improve the squad cos that fat horrible bastard isn't going to put anything else in. Tiote is absolutely integral to this side, I think we'd be in the bottom three, straight up, without him such is his influence.

exactly.

Bunch of cynics, you lot.

Blinded by hate tbh

Sad really, missing out on the enjoyment of our best seasons for years by focusing on all the bad things that "might" happen sometime in the future.

It used to be about enjoying the game on Saturday (or Sunday or Monday night) not about "well that was fucking excellent but we cannot conceivably allow ourselves to savour that because we're fucked/doomed at some indeterminate point of time in the future, possibly, mebe's, definitely IMO, but it will happen OH WOE IS ME".

Fuckin hell !!!!

the irony

:o He's got you there like, TP.

Don't see how tbh, Ashley is a cunt but we're stuck with him (regretably but I am resigned to that) but we ARE having our best season for yonks. FFS was a cunt and we did have some amazing seasons under FFS et al, BUT they were long ago with no sign of them coming back despite what some would say. Talking about the past is a LOT different to hanging your hat on some future maybe won't even happen scenario. IMO of course.

I'd love someone to buy Ashley out tomorrow, same as I wanted rid of FFS, not for what FFS "might" do but for what he was doing at that time and the shite on the pitch which wasn't enjoyable on a Saturday (Sunday or Monday night).

As we stand now Ashley's NUFC > FFS's latter years in charge and that is currently a FACT. As is the amount of cash that they have respectively put in/taken out.

I refuse to worry about what "might" happen, quite enjoying the ride just now, maybe hit the buffers, maybe won't, happy to wait and see.

Because your whole critique of the previous regime is based on the financial side. That's fine in itself but you can't then argue football used to be all about just enjoying a Saturday (and by extension criticise those who don't have that view nowadays). I assume that's waht he was getting at anyway.

exactly. If you can't enjoy playing in europe and the Champions League, rather than whinge on about warehouses, dividends, "embarrassing" moments, and worry about impending administration you can't enjoy anything !!!! Those skunkers posters should all be only too aware of how they have rubbed the mackems' noses in it when they were also ran like Netto and we were competing at the top. :(

The irony is funny as fuck.

Blinded by hate tbh

Sad really, missing out on the enjoyment of our best seasons for years by focusing on all the bad things that "might" happen sometime in the future.

It used to be about enjoying the game on Saturday (or Sunday or Monday night) not about "well that was fucking excellent but we cannot conceivably allow ourselves to savour that because we're fucked/doomed at some indeterminate point of time in the future, possibly, mebe's, definitely IMO, but it will happen OH WOE IS ME".

Fuckin hell !!!!

the irony

Don't see how tbh, Ashley is a cunt but we're stuck with him (regretably but I am resigned to that) but we ARE having our best season for yonks. FFS was a cunt and we did have some amazing seasons under FFS et al, BUT they were long ago with no sign of them coming back despite what some would say. Talking about the past is a LOT different to hanging your hat on some future maybe won't even happen scenario. IMO of course.

I'd love someone to buy Ashley out tomorrow, same as I wanted rid of FFS, not for what FFS "might" do but for what he was doing at that time and the shite on the pitch which wasn't enjoyable on a Saturday (Sunday or Monday night).

As we stand now Ashley's NUFC > FFS's latter years in charge and that is currently a FACT. As is the amount of cash that they have respectively put in/taken out.

I refuse to worry about what "might" happen, quite enjoying the ride just now, maybe hit the buffers, maybe won't, happy to wait and see.

Because your whole critique of the previous regime is based on the financial side. That's fine in itself but you can't then argue football used to be all about just enjoying a Saturday (and by extension criticise those who don't have that view nowadays). I assume that's waht he was getting at anyway.

Today it is. At the time my venom/criticism was WAY more around the shite served up across the white lines and the endless parade of shite managerial appointments.

It was looking iredeemable on the pitch "at the time" and being able to look back now and see the financial situation that emerged (coupled with the credit crunch/banks malarkey) it was patently in a critical condition on the finance side.

Hindsight's a wonderfull thing, it just made me realise how shite FFS was at the end. Maybe hindisght will prove Ashley to be worse, I'll wait until I know that as a fact, before passing judgement. I certainly won't let some potential apocalypse stop me enjoying the current season/games as they go on.

Fuck hindsight. Freddy was infinitely better than Ashley and always will be. Back when we had Shepherd, 9th would have been a mediocre-bad season. Yes, this current season has been enjoyable but have you looked into the root cause? Ashley has deflated your expectations to make this season enjoyable.

Blinded by hate tbh

Fuckin hell !!!!

the irony

Today it is. At the time my venom/criticism was WAY more around the shite served up across the white lines and the endless parade of shite managerial appointments.

It was looking iredeemable on the pitch "at the time" and being able to look back now and see the financial situation that emerged (coupled with the credit crunch/banks malarkey) it was patently in a critical condition on the finance side.

Hindsight's a wonderfull thing, it just made me realise how shite FFS was at the end. Maybe hindisght will prove Ashley to be worse, I'll wait until I know that as a fact, before passing judgement. I certainly won't let some potential apocalypse stop me enjoying the current season/games as they go on.

Fuck hindsight. Freddy was infinitely better than Ashley and always will be. Back when we had Shepherd, 9th would have been a mediocre-bad season. Yes, this current season has been enjoyable but have you looked into the root cause? Ashley has deflated your expectations to make this season enjoyable.

exactly. When will people realise this :( or forever be blinded by hatred.

Blinded by hate tbh

Fuckin hell !!!!

the irony

Guest Your Name Here

Long contracts are a doubled edged sword. They help delay Bosman related depreciation but there’s always a possibility the player’s form will drop and the club end up being lumbered with a very expensive flop they can’t get rid off. Footballers are fragile and sometimes all it takes to turn a good player into a crap one is a serious injury. Sometimes their confidence just falls apart on the back of one horror show.

To put the Tiote deal into context consider Cristiano Ronaldo. Real Madrid paid £80m for a player who had proven himself in the premier league over three or four seasons. To protect their huge investment they secured him on a six year deal. That’s a six year deal for a proven player worth £80m. We just handed out a six and half year deal to a free transfer who has made 19 premier league appearances!

Tiote has made a very good start to his PL career, but that’s all it is a good start. He’s still very much an unknown quality and how he’ll fair when our opponents become more familiar with his strengths and weaknesses is unknown. Oh, and for every five games he’s played he’s missed one through suspension. He’ shown a lot of promise but six and half years is an absurd length of contract... the future of our club was only given a five year deal.

This deal is a gamble designed to impress the terminally gullible who might be thinking about not renewing their season tickets. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Tiote’s agent spotted the club’s desperation and used it to secure his client an unjustifiably good deal.

Long contracts are a doubled edged sword. They help delay Bosman related depreciation but there’s always a possibility the player’s form will drop and the club end up being lumbered with a very expensive flop they can’t get rid off. Footballers are fragile and sometimes all it takes to turn a good player into a crap one is a serious injury. Sometimes their confidence just falls apart on the back of one horror show.

To put the Tiote deal into context consider Cristiano Ronaldo. Real Madrid paid £80m for a player who had proven himself in the premier league over three or four seasons. To protect their huge investment they secured him on a six year deal. That’s a six year deal for a proven player worth £80m. We just handed out a six and half year deal to a free transfer who has made 19 premier league appearances!

Tiote has made a very good start to his PL career, but that’s all it is a good start. He’s still very much an unknown quality and how he’ll fair when our opponents become more familiar with his strengths and weaknesses is unknown. Oh, and for every five games he’s played he’s missed one through suspension. He’ shown a lot of promise but six and half years is an absurd length of contract... the future of our club was only given a five year deal.

This deal is a gamble designed to impress the terminally gullible who might be thinking about not renewing their season tickets. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Tiote’s agent spotted the club’s desperation and used it to secure his client an unjustifiably good deal.

Everything in life is a gamble to some extent.

Real Madrid could just as easily lose CRonaldo to an injury and they'll have lost even more.

I like you but thats fucking nonsense mate. Its not a gamble, unless signing a contract is a gamble. You cant classify a contract as a gamble. If it was one year less would i have been a gamble? A year less than that and thats his current contract. You're basically saying that the risk of a career threatening injury in the last 2 years of this contract are too big. That is nonsense from a rick benefit perspective. Plus clubs are insured against the players having career finishing injuries.

As for the impressing the gullible bit, well i guess like with everyone else who has said the same as you (so am not picking just you up on this) its the only position consistent with your previous point of view, so you have to say that.

For me, it doesnt change much i have to say because with Ashley he's chopped and changed his strategy and desires for the club so much, its a bit foolish to pin him down to one and think he is sticking to it.

Edited by ChezGiven

Blinded by hate tbh

Fuckin hell !!!!

the irony

exactly. When will people realise this :( or forever be blinded by hatred.

Don't agree with Flid man :( You're fucking killing me :(

And Flid, while were on, since SBr was canned, we'd had a 5 season run of mediocre-bad seasons at worse than ninth (except one), in case you'd forgotten. The trend was set if you're looking for the root cause.

Blinded by hate tbh

Fuckin hell !!!!

the irony

Erm..... no he didn't

Guest Your Name Here

I like you but thats fucking nonsense mate. Its not a gamble, unless signing a contract is a gamble. You cant classify a contract as a gamble. If it was one year less would i have been a gamble? A year less than that and thats his current contract. You're basically saying that the risk of a career threatening injury in the last 2 years of this contract are too big. That is nonsense from a rick benefit perspective. Plus clubs are insured against the players having career finishing injuries.

As for the impressing the gullible bit, well i guess like with everyone else who has said the same as you (so am not picking just you up on this) its the only position consistent with your previous point of view, so you have to say that.

For me, it doesnt change much i have to say because with Ashley he's chopped and changed his strategy and desires for the club so much, its a bit foolish to pin him down to one and think he is sticking to it.

I didn’t say career ending injury. Loads of players have one great season and then never reach the same heights again, a serious (but non career ending injury) is just one of many reasons this can happen. I’m not saying Tiote will be a one season wonder but there seems to be no obvious benefit in giving him six and half years.

We gave Carroll a five year deal. Ben Arfa got four and half. Williamson got five and a half years. Tiote got six and half... how do you think the club decide how long new contracts will be?

Edited by Your Name Here

I didn’t say career ending injury. Loads of players have one great season and then never reach the same heights again, a serious (but non career ending injury) is just one of many reasons this can happen. I’m not saying Tiote will be a one season wonder but there seems to be no obvious benefit in giving him six and half years.

We gave Carroll a five year deal. Ben Arfa got four and half. Williamson got five and a half years. Tiote got six and half... how do you think the club decide how long new contracts will be?

Myriad factors?

The Carroll deal was utterly obscene. I personally would have sold him for £30 million up front, plus £5 million at a later date, plus a 25% sell on clause. You can't really blame Ashley for that. If we get a similar offer for Tiote chances are we probably would accept it too, not because the FCB is trying to fuck us over but because making £70 million on two players which cost around £3 million for us is the type of deal that is near enough impossible to turn down. Thankfully I don't currently think anyone would match the valuation the club will put on him.

While contracts nowadays are all about making sure club and player profit in the event of a transfer rather than commitment the Carroll situation isn't that common.

Spot on. This is nothing but a good thing and if we do sell him it will be like most other clubs were the offer was too good to turn down.