rangers fans being bellends.

Welsh Magpie

They've both got more than their fair share of sectarian nut-cases.

I've been to both their grounds in the last 18 months and in my personal experience celtic are far, far worse. Pro-IRA songs I expected, but Pro-taliban songs, fucking hell. The anti-British atmosphere was quite intimidating. Been to Ibrox twice this season (our pre-season game and them vs. Aberdeen) and had no probs at all. It was the saturday before poppy day for the dons game and the reaction they gave the returning troops at half-time was as stark a contrast as you could possibly imagine. I'm not massively pro-British either by the way, my allegiances are strictly with Newcastle & England, and I'm not in the slightest bit interested in religion.

I think it's because the English ruling class have oppressed both Ireland & Scotland (and continue to do so by occupying 6 counties of Ireland) that Celtic fans have an understandable problem with the English ruling class.

Rangers just appear to be fascists & Uncle Toms.

P.S. just spent all weekend with 2 mates from County Roscommon, so I may not be either seeing or thinking straight

You seem a tad biased like. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are a left footer.

I think you are a mug. In the 80's younguns won't remember this, but at 1130 the BBC would go off at night, that was it 1130, a picture of the Union Jack would come on, followed by God Save The Queen, sniffer is the type of bloke who would stand up with his hand on his heart, and fuck off to bed when it was finished.

Often when I'm in London I go to the Rangers bar to watch their games just to watch football in a pub with a bit of atmosphere, watched their game against Fiorentina in the massive Cock Tavern (they're banned from there now), and it was like being at a match. Last Thursday went to their new much smaller designated bar not far away in Farringdon, and they really are a set of total wanks. You think I'm coming up from Moorgate 2 stops on the tube to Farringdon, from posh businessmen and smart as fuck birds, to two stops later in to the pub and the biggest bamps you've ever seen in your life, 630 on a Thursday night completely fucked off their faces a lot of them. "Git yaseww oan eh domino caad big man", "am not gann on if the toon aren't on" clearly messing "weww get yaseww tae fuck ya bawbag". Fuckin what a cunt but I laughed at the time.

2dtspw5.jpg

Everything that came out of the pubs collective mouths was anti Irish, anti Catholic, or anti white. Truly they are the most odious of clubs, I don't care what anyone says not one club on earth is supported by more inherently bigoted, racist twats as these. Even the referee was a "durrrty fenian basturt" for not awarding a free kick they didn't deserve, despite the fact there's hardly nee catholics in Sweden let alone "Irish warriors" which is the definition of the word fenian. Thick horrible tramps man. Anyone that defends them hasn't got a clue.

As for the game, PSV are no where near the team that we used to battle with, Rangers matched them, shows how shit this Europa League is that they'll get to the last eight.

Edited by McFaul

They really are the scummiest bastards in the world, Celtic fans aren't much better like but they definitely are. I don't think in all my life I've heard of toon fans doing anything as bad as that. They seem to attract the wrong type of charva, look at Michael Carroll classic example, millionaire lottery winner from Norfolk (he's spent the full 9m now like) supported Rangers because he clearly thought as a kid, it would make him look hard, following Rangers and the UDA. He even invited Mad Dog Johnny Adair to his house, and gave him 20k just to be his pal. Off at a tangent there, but anyway I don't care what Howmanheyman says they're a bunch of deeply rooted bigoted wanks.

They're the only team in the history of European football to win a trophy (the CWC) 1973, and not be presented with the trophy? Why?? Cos their fans tore the Nou Camp down to the ground, and this was after winning! They're the only team to come to Newcastle and hospitalise 400 toon fans (ask your dads/grandads), and look what they did in Manchester, biggest street riot since the poll tax carry on in 1990. Utter scumbags who show Britain up.

I'd love to see the two who put him in try to dee it to someone their own size.

I said I've had relatives who went to the odd Rangers gamesfrom NI and I can say, hand on heart, they are/were nice/lovely people. (My relatives, not the entire Rangers fanbase!) :icon_lol:

I've no real time for the old firm as to me they are the Scottish version of Liverpool and Man U when it comes to support, i.e. the biggest gloryhunters in the UK, obviously with a sectarian twist. They go to friendlies in England during the summer, arrive in the city of their game and get pissed (easily) during the day when every fucker is at work, and make a huge deal of a friendly game where the host club truly doesn't give a fuck.

Narh, I agreed with you, Rangers fans are bad, but i've heard of Celtic fans going to Lincoln for a pre season friendly, where an Army stand was trying to raise funds for something, they then come, taunt the soldiers, and wreck Lincoln city center. Celtic are just the worst of a bad bunch.

Englishmen saying Celtic are better than Rangers? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IsIVb_6uIco/TN_b...remembrance.jpg Not remember that? Celtic are scum, Rangers are bad, not as bad though, the rest of the SPL are saints for putting up with them

Fuck off you twat. Rangers fans are pure scum, simple as. Twat.

So are many Celtic fans. You can't say they're not just because you're catholic, it makes you just as dense as the bigots on both sides.

However back to Clee's post. "Englishmen saying Celtic are better than Rangers". What difference does it make if I say they are or they're not, what baring does being English have on it. Regardless what their beliefs are, they're a foreign club to English people so why as an Englishmen should I allign myself to one or the other? Because a tiny minority of arseholes disrespect the memory of our fallen war heroes? Fuck that. In my experience, and I've known a lot, Celtic fans can be fuckin complete pricks, but a majority in my experience understand what common decency is, whereas Rangers - a majority of their support, even watching an European tie in a pub in London, can't help but expose their ingrained hate and bigotry on a regular basis. What my Englishness has to do with this escapes me. You say you're a Newcastle fan, possibly one of the Keegan generation which is fair enough, but if you know your history* it's enough to make your heart go woah, woah, woah, when you think of what Rangers fans did to this city in 1969, people who saw the events first hand will take the memories to their grave.

Edited by McFaul

Englishmen saying Celtic are better than Rangers? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IsIVb_6uIco/TN_b...remembrance.jpg Not remember that? Celtic are scum, Rangers are bad, not as bad though, the rest of the SPL are saints for putting up with them

Fuck off you twat. Rangers fans are pure scum, simple as. Twat.

So are many Celtic fans. You can't say they're not just because you're catholic, it makes you just as dense as the bigots on both sides.

However back to Clee's post. "Englishmen saying Celtic are better than Rangers". What difference does it make if I say they are or they're not, what baring does being English have on it. Regardless what their beliefs are, they're a foreign club to English people so why as an Englishmen should I allign myself to one or the other? Because a tiny minority of arseholes disrespect the memory of our fallen war heroes? Fuck that. In my experience, and I've known a lot, Celtic fans can be fuckin complete pricks, but a majority in my experience understand what common decency is, whereas Rangers - a majority of their support, even watching an European tie in a pub in London, can't help but expose their ingrained hate and bigotry on a regular basis. What my Englishness has to do with this escapes me. You say you're a Newcastle fan, possibly one of the Keegan generation which is fair enough, but if you know your history* it's enough to make your heart go woah, woah, woah, when you think of what Rangers fans did to this city in 1969, people who saw the events first hand will take the memories to their grave.

Aye, I am Keegan generation. As for the English thing, i'm not even particularly some sort of nationalist Brit/Englishman spitting shit about other nations. I just don't like seeing any club disrespect my own nation, especially when a club trashes up Lincoln town center for a friendly, a bloody friendly! As if Lincoln City have ever done anything bad! Similarly, if Rangers had a banner slagging off the Irish army close to their equivalent of poppy day (Obviously this is a hypothetical, I know they have no army other than a defence force or poppy day) i'd be equally mad. Especially when Celtic fans want to play in the Premier League, that's the best. These people tend to hate the English (some are even anti-Scottish) but as soon as the chance to use our Premier League comes about, they want to jump on the oppurtunity!