Aston Villa clear out

KeithJ

I see a lot of the Villa players are becoming disheartened with the Frenchman and are looking to leave. One that strikes me as someone we should look at would be Gabriel Agbonlahor. He is very quick and powerful. Young and just the type of player we need up front. Has done nothing under Houllier whilst in previous seasons, seems to have been very good.

He wouldnt be an unrealistic signing.

Another mentions are Stephen Warnock, Richard Dunne, Brad Friedel, Ashley Young, Petrov as all being unhappy and want to leave!

only players in the op that would improve us would be petrov and young

petrov being too old, and young being too overhyped so will probably end up at spurs

other villa players that would improve us being bent, and downing. lowry, albrighton, delph, bannan, and delfouneso would be good prospects but none of them will be allowed to leave, surely

we'll end up with ireland and reo-coker

Dunne would improve us. He's still better than Taylor or Williamson. So would Agbonlahor. Not that we'll sign either of them.

I would find it rather ironic if they get relegated this season. After all the abuse they gave us. We are still to play them this season as well.

I think any player over the age of 27 is a no go unless they give supreme value. I could see us signing Bothroyd though. The hype seems to have died down about him.

I seen us linked with some 30 year old Croatian striker for £8mil! No Chance will we buy him for that or even £2mil!

I'd love to see them go down. Btw, just had a quick check and Carragher is no. 2 on the PL own goals list and Rio Ferdinand is joint 4th so I don't think it's that significant tbh.

Dunne is awful. He had 2 good seasons at Man City but has been woeful other than that his whole career.

:nufc: What a load of shit. He's been their player of the year 4 times man.

I see a lot of the Villa players are becoming disheartened with the Frenchman and are looking to leave. One that strikes me as someone we should look at would be Gabriel Agbonlahor. He is very quick and powerful. Young and just the type of player we need up front. Has done nothing under Houllier whilst in previous seasons, seems to have been very good.

He wouldnt be an unrealistic signing.

Another mentions are Stephen Warnock, Richard Dunne, Brad Friedel, Ashley Young, Petrov as all being unhappy and want to leave!

He's english. That means too expensive and massive wages therefore unrealistic in my book. Also, he would attract interest from clubs in europe i reckon

I'd love to see them go down. Btw, just had a quick check and Carragher is no. 2 on the PL own goals list and Rio Ferdinand is joint 4th so I don't think it's that significant tbh.

Only significance is they play a lot of games hence these stats are higher, is a good sign not a bad for me

ok, but what about red cards?

dunne has the most premier league red cards ever (joint with viera and ferguson on 8)

Aye, Vieira was shit like.

ok, heres a different way of looking at it

record own goal scorer in premier league - probably cost us at least 1 point, maybe 2 (perchs own goal cost us a point against stoke)

record red card earner - probably cost us at least 1 point, maybe 2 (raylors red card probably cost us 2 points against bolton)

31 and a smoker, so wont keep up, much like campbell - probably cost us at least 3 points, maybe 6 (campbells old man legs have cost us around that many points against chelsea, stoke and so on)

take 5 points off where we currently are and we'd be bottom 3, take 10 and we're rock bottom.

of course those points are all hypothetical so the argument doesnt really stack up. lets just say i just dont rate him :nufc:

Richard Dunne's never handballed in the box and went down clutching his chest. Or tried to go on a Gazza-esque run up the pitch and lose the ball. Or spent most of his games pointing at imaginary problems in the backline so it looks like he's the organiser. Or brown-nosed the fans so most of his faults go unnoticed by stupid people. Basically, Steven Taylor's a not-very-good centre half and Dunne is a good one. Him and Warnock would be two good signings from them. I don't think Agbonlahor is the greatest but he'd be useful on the counter and off the bench. Who was the player that didn't get in the 25 squad in January alongside Warnock? I'm sure it was two decent players.

Dunne is awful. He had 2 good seasons at Man City but has been woeful other than that his whole career.

:nufc: What a load of shit. He's been their player of the year 4 times man.

Change" 2" to about a few then :crylaughin: Scott Parker gets POTY for West Ham every year but he was hardly inspiring for us.

My point still stands though. He is prone to getting sent off and scoring own goals. Very clumsy. I simply dont rate him.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Richard Dunne's never handballed in the box and went down clutching his chest. Or tried to go on a Gazza-esque run up the pitch and lose the ball. Or spent most of his games pointing at imaginary problems in the backline so it looks like he's the organiser. Or brown-nosed the fans so most of his faults go unnoticed by stupid people. Basically, Steven Taylor's a not-very-good centre half and Dunne is a good one. Him and Warnock would be two good signings from them. I don't think Agbonlahor is the greatest but he'd be useful on the counter and off the bench. Who was the player that didn't get in the 25 squad in January alongside Warnock? I'm sure it was two decent players.

The points leveled at Steven Taylor normally make me laugh on here. He points too much OR he tries a mazy run now and again OR he tried to con a ref once (albeit it rather comically) OR he talks up the Toon in the press etc etc

Fair enough, if you don't rate him then point out his weak points on the pitch.

Before anyone starts I think he career has completely stagnated and will probably end up like Ameobi soon if he doesnt get his act together/move on.

I'd definitely have Warnock in the squad. He has played well at CM for Blackburn before - which is handy as well.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Steven Taylor is dishonest and lacks heart, that's his problem, particularly at CB. If you compare him to someone like Williamson he probably has more natural talent but Williamson at least sticks to his job (even if he is a tart, as is Taylor tbh) whereas Taylor goes missing, often losing his player, which is why you see him sweeping behind the keeper so often. It's no coincidence Taylor's best PL season (or half season to be more accurate) is when he was playing at full-back, because he has less defensive responsibilities there.