Stone Roses set to reunite

Ayatollah Hermione

It was June 09. Every time they started playing the electrics all went so in one of their breaks he announced that everyone was getting their money back.

They eventually got sorted and played a full set and Noel announced that the refunds still stood, but anyone claiming one was a cunt. I got mine. :lol:

The cheques were headed up Oasis - Bank of Burnage, and had Liam and Noel's signatures on, in the hope fans would frame them rather than cash them.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet a big majority of the crowd were stereotypical, swaggering mancs, wearing those stupid liam gallagher fisherman hats.

i went to see the the arctic monkeys a few years back at old trafford cricket ground. never seen such a hostile crowd of arseholes - there was a real edgy atmosphere. mancs really do their best to live up to their reputations. i saw at least 5 fights kick off during the course of the day and people were pissing in bottles and throwing them forward, showering the people in front, rather than go the portaloos. dirty bastards.

I know it's a cliche but with certain bands like Oasis its not just a "Manc" thing - I saw them at Finsbury park in about 05 and it was full of Cockney Liam wannabees - that's not just a London/South thing either as I've been to other big gigs/festivals down here and the crowds have been canny.

Must admit it was funny as fuck yesterday as we were driving through Burnage and some bloke got out of his house to check something in his car wearing his pyjamas and a bucket hat. :lol:

Jeez that's disturbing!

Did Sammy actually wear that cardigan to the gig then?

Cardigan, chinos and matching wellies/boot things. Fucking alpha male that he is.

Cardigan, chinos and matching wellies/boot things. Fucking alpha male that he is.

:lol:

That's ma boy! Bless him - he's the gayest straight bloke that I've ever met :D

Spot on of him to put us up as well like. He'll tell you my mate's snoring is nothing like you've ever heard, had fuck all sleep because of it. At one point I had three cushions and my headphones in just to attempt to drown it out.

• 2 weeks later...

So glad we're not hearing about everytime they fart in the media anymore. "Average band Stone Roses played another dull show with horrid vocals today, the band hugged and then kicked at each other, heres a picture of the old bastards pretending they're still relevant and that they're a part of youth culture. They didn't allow bbc to record them at T in the Park because they're fucking shite live but it's cool to like them so people will say they're good anyway." everytime you whack on the news

Got a lift back from a stag do near Keswick a few weeks ago with a lad from work and we listened to the Stone Roses, The Smiths, Balck Grape & that on full pelt all the way back. Singing wa faces off.

Made me realise I spend too much time on new music and have to go back to the classics more often.

Gutted to get dropped off in the end.

"Just keep draavin' Thelma!!"

Brown might be a shite singer but Reni, Mani and Squire are all excellent musicians.

This. I was at the Sat night of the Heaton Park gigs. Brown was flat for a noticeable percentage of the evening. Musically though - they were fucking excellent. The best way I can describe it; for all they had a16yr hiatus, they musically sounded like they'd grown up over that time - almost like they'd been touring all that time.

this is a band I've not bothered to listen to much, but from the little I've heard they just sound like a load of noise......perhaps someone could recommend a CD and I'll give them a good listen.

One band I would never describe as "a load of noise" would be The Stone Roses - a lot of their songs are very "clean" and a few other quite whimsical. I suppose some of the second album is more dense.

They were one of those bands for me that more define a time rather than liking them categoricallay for the music - a bit like Oasis in that sense. I never got the dance crossover thing either as I never went clubbing with that in mind.

Basically if you've heard I wanna be adored, Made of stone and Sally Cinnamon (all just songs not albums )then you've just about covered them imo.

• 4 weeks later...
The Stone Roses are playing an intimate gig this evening in London. Entry to this show is free but strictly limited.

We will be giving away a number of tickets today to fans from the London area who bought tickets for Heaton Park.

If you are one of those randomly chosen you will receive an email (via the email address you provided when purchasing Heaton Park tickets) in the next hour offering you the opportunity to claim a pair of tickets.

The first people to immediately reply to this email will then be allocated the tickets and will receive details of how and where to collect their pair of tickets for the show from. Entry to the venue is 18 years + only.

That's class.

I've got all of the old ones (Glasgow Green is my favourite, the atmosphere sounded unreal) but I've been on the lookout for the ones since they've comeback.

Cheers man. :)

There's some belters on there.

Check out We Are Without Shoes blog too ;)

Some newly released/discovered demos on there I ain't heard before.

First album demos called 'lemon sessions' or summat.

Alternate versions from ones on the 40th anniversary boxset.

Reading the new Roses book War & Peace at mo. Excellent.

That's class.

I've got all of the old ones (Glasgow Green is my favourite, the atmosphere sounded unreal) but I've been on the lookout for the ones since they've comeback.

Cheers man. :)

I was there....never even seen a bootleg of it on any format, but there again I've never really been into live bootlegs in general. Is it easy to get hold of?..