Buying a dog

Smooth Operator

Aye, a different breed.

Hard to train, and are very strong willed. They seem to be a one person dog and if my aunties was anything to go by it will attach itself to the ex or the eldest then turn into a jealous little fuck.

Actually it sounds perfect for that micey cow, peas in a pod.

From what I've read the long haired ones seem to be more laid back but that won't look as good in a gucci hand bag.

The dog will last six months tops then you'll have the job of finding it a new home and comforting freya.

It's ten month so the training and stuff should be done, good with kids apparently too going off the advert. I've read about them possibly being stubborn and jealous like which is why ideally she wanted to get 2 but someone let her down at the last minute with 2 brothers who were free to a good home now having to fork out to cheer the Bairns up!

Don't come crying to me to go down with a spade and a sack after it's bit the bairn in 12 months time, you were warned Pal.

P.S Of course the wanker writing the advert is going to say their great with kids, he wants to sell them.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, given its terrier ancestry, the Dachshund can be known to show aggression, especially with small animals and otherdogs . Unfortunately, if not properly trained, Dachshunds can show aggression towards adults and children. In fact, Dachshund bites are one of the most prevalent dog bites in the world. Therefore, it is perhaps not wise to own a Dachshund as a first-time dog owner or if you are not confident in your ability to train a wilful animal.

Is a Dachshund Good With Children?

Like most dogs, or animals for that matter, the way a Dachshund will react to children very much depends on two things: How well-trained the dog is and how well-trained the child is. Consequently, it is advisable to avoid owning a Dachshund in a home with very young children of toddler age.

The writing is on the wall mate, they're little German cunts, stay clear

My miniature daschund bit my three year old child on the face. This is the second time this has happened, and both times it has drawn blood. I don't know what to do... I love her so much, and just the thought of putting her down or giving her away makes me cry like a baby.

I own a dashund and he has also done this before. It was because I was laying beside him and I accidentally blew air too close to his ear and the first thing he did was yelp and snap at the same time! It scared me!

Depends on how the dog is trained like but the fact its going to be left in the hands of the ex to do the training doesn't fill me with confidence. Apparently they're prone to back and neck problems as well so makes sure it's insured if you do end up with one.

It's ten month so the training and stuff should be done, good with kids apparently too going off the advert. I've read about them possibly being stubborn and jealous like which is why ideally she wanted to get 2 but someone let her down at the last minute with 2 brothers who were free to a good home now having to fork out to cheer the Bairns up!

Chillax rude boy I am aware they might be dressing a turkey as a rolls royce, not like your lass on Shields Road last night when I seen her going in the Raby.

Bastard German spunk hound wins again, only relief being that none of the coverage was on him, best part of today's race being the battle between JB and LH team mates on the limit passing each other fairly makes great watching as does all the overtaking this year.

Certifiable! Hairy, baldy, short legged, long legged, I've taken plenty of bitches for a walk on my lead.

Why on Earth a Dachshund? Apart from their well documented behavioural issues they're completely and utterly ridiculous looking.

If you get one with small kids you've made a serious mistake and will have a very lengthy period of regret and frustration to follow. Show a bit of foresight and actually select a breed that's good with children and put aside whatever weird attachment you or your wife has to the Dachshund, which for some absurd reason has become popular in recent times.

Why on Earth a Dachshund? Apart from their well documented behavioural issues they're completely and utterly ridiculous looking.

If you get one with small kids you've made a serious mistake and will have a very lengthy period of regret and frustration to follow. Show a bit of foresight and actually select a breed that's good with children and put aside whatever weird attachment you or your wife has to the Dachshund, which for some absurd reason has become popular in recent times.

Good to see you read my post properly before you got high and mighty!

forget behavioural issues for starters they are fugly man

I'm after a dog not yo momma, pow!

I am afraid you are a little late with the mother jokes my friend

bad-tattoos-217.jpg

It does seem a bit silly getting a dog that is notoriously bad with kids for your kids :icon_lol:

Fair enough if you weren't aware before but you're not going ahead with it now are you? :blush:

Notoriously bad with kids is a over reaction, for every thing I've found saying they are bad with kids I've found something just as reputable to say they are good and sociable with kids so it's swings and roundabouts really.

In my opinion it is no coincidence that the daschound has the longest tongue amongst the entire dog fraternity, why else would she be so adamant on this particular breed.

Its the only feasible explanation.

at the end of the day mate you pay your money and take your chance. It just seems weird to consider a dog which may or may not be good with little kids when you have much safer options out there. It's not like choosing which dolmio to use for your bolognese and taking a risk on the one whcih is extra spicy, it's your kids welfare you are talking about not to mention it is in the dogs best interests to have a home for life not one it could have to leave in 6 months for biting a kid.

You asked for peoples thoughts on this but seem to be pretty set on your decision beforehand so lets just hope you get a good placid one mate. At the end of the day you could end up with an awesome dog that loves the kids and gets on great!

at the end of the day mate you pay your money and take your chance. It just seems weird to consider a dog which may or may not be good with little kids when you have much safer options out there. It's not like choosing which dolmio to use for your bolognese and taking a risk on the one whcih is extra spicy, it's your kids welfare you are talking about not to mention it is in the dogs best interests to have a home for life not one it could have to leave in 6 months for biting a kid.

You asked for peoples thoughts on this but seem to be pretty set on your decision beforehand so lets just hope you get a good placid one mate. At the end of the day you could end up with an awesome dog that loves the kids and gets on great!

Its not my decision though, my ex is the one getting one i'm just trying to have as much input to ensure the one they end up with is the best choice for them with the fact my daughter lives in the same house, and if whatever they ended up getting ever bit the aforementioned daughter it wouldn't be getting rehomed either! :) Where's me spade....