Brief stints at clubs you forgot about

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mick Channon had a (very) brief spell at Newcastle when KK was here as a player iirc.

Mick Harford too around the same time.

Attillio Lombard played about 50 odd times for palace if I remeber rightly. He was defo there more than one year cos i was a kid buying the premier league stickers at the time and he literally plagued me for two seasons, got him in every pack I think!

Managed them as well for a time iirc.

I had a little tear in my eye when Pav came on as sub in his 2nd stint here.

Burridge had a second spell with us IIRC. Wasn't he on the bench for the 4-2 game against Sheff Wed? (The Alex Mathie game?).

Also remember him going on emergency loan to Man City and actually playing against us while he was our goalkeeper coach. Very bizarre!!

Ricardo Lopez Felipe the keeper who signed for Man U about 6-7 years ago and played one game for them

Massimo Taibi was another keeper they signed to be the next Schmeichel. Wore tracky-b's and let a tame shot go through his legs. Never heard of again.

I had a little tear in my eye when Pav came on as sub in his 2nd stint here.

Burridge had a second spell with us IIRC. Wasn't he on the bench for the 4-2 game against Sheff Wed? (The Alex Mathie game?).

Also remember him going on emergency loan to Man City and actually playing against us while he was our goalkeeper coach. Very bizarre!!

Jari Litmanen at Fulham in 2008 - never kicked a ball competitively for them.

Sol Campbell at Notts County & us!

wasnt there an italian player who went to coventry and was then immediately sold to real madrid.

maybe 12-15 years ago?

Robert Jarni - Croatian left back scored a beauty v Germany in France 98 iirc

What aboot Florin Raducioiu, big name when he signed for West Ham, he missed a game cos he couldnt be arsed and him and his missus were in Harvey Nicks shopping.

Guest alex
Mick Channon had a (very) brief spell at Newcastle when KK was here as a player iirc.

Mick Harford too around the same time.

Aye. Apparently Vinnie Jones was shit-scared of Mick Harford. You're right about Burridge too I think.

fabrizio-ravanelli-753801349.jpg

Justin Robson tried to flog me Ravanelli's boots. Reckoned he'd gone AWOL and Bryan apparently decided he needed to learn a lesson :)

Quadruple whammy from the smogs.

Alen-Boksic-254x300.jpg

2048_news.jpg

branco_400_300x400.jpg

Branca was class for them goal a game iirc and got injured and that was it. They also had BrancO who played for Brazil for years.

Ricardo Lopez Felipe the keeper who signed for Man U about 6-7 years ago and played one game for them

Massimo Taibi was another keeper they signed to be the next Schmeichel. Wore tracky-b's and let a tame shot go through his legs. Never heard of again.

Think he played two games and in one of them, he was class so he was actually 50:50 with regards to the quality of his performances.

Think he played two games and in one of them, he was class so he was actually 50:50 with regards to the quality of his performances.

Iirc he played more than that. He was in the team that got thumped something like 5-0 at Stamford Bridge. I remember him flapping at a cross. The one between the legs was a Le Tiss shot at OT, I think.

Iirc he played more than that. He was in the team that got thumped something like 5-0 at Stamford Bridge. I remember him flapping at a cross. The one between the legs was a Le Tiss shot at OT, I think.

I never knew he played 4! I can't remember that Chelsea game either but for some reason, I once read he looked mint in one of the games he played. Any keeper that wears trackies makes me immediately suspicious though.

Wiki says he fucked up against the dippers but then went on to be MotM. then the 5-0 Chelsea, the Southampton game and one other before being labled the 'Blind Venetian' by the press for flapping at crosses.

How on earth could you forget Ravenelli was a Smog? Scored a hat trick on his debut vs Liverpool IIRC. The ones to forget would be Mikkel Beck and Hamilton Ricard.

How on earth could you forget Ravenelli was a Smog? Scored a hat trick on his debut vs Liverpool IIRC. The ones to forget would be Mikkel Beck and Hamilton Ricard.

He did, and missed a sitter in the cup final. He(and Mendieta) just fitted in with Boksic and Branco who I had forgotten completely about.

Just totally out of place there.