F.A.O Leazesmag

Mad Jock

It's almost as if Leazes is creating aliases to argue with

Its not an alias of Leazes but it is an alias :lol:

You're an admin Ritchie, you KNOW that I don't use my other 2 usernames, or haven't done for a long time, and I've made no secret of when I changed it, unlike some of these NO and skunkers lot.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Newcastle finish in the top ten it is only the 5th time in the last decade.

Shepherd says he would have sold Carroll for £35m also

The mortgage was due to be paid off in full by 2013, how would have this happened under the old regime?

Can I ask you only comment on the facts above please.

Regards

Mad jock

This is Fat Mike's 4th year here, so the previous 6 seasons were under Shepherd.

Let's say we do finish in the top 10 this season. That's 1 top ten finish (not even confirmed yet) in four seasons for Fat Mike and 4 top ten finishes out of 6 seasons for Shepherd.

You do the maths on that one and let me know if you really think that's a 'fact' in Fat Mike's favour or not.

EDIT: I see Leazes already beat me to that one.

:lol::razz:

I've got nothing to add in this thread, but I'd like to commend you on the correct English use of the word maths, and not that godawful American creation 'math' which is spreading across this great land of ours. Well done. Have a Kit Kat on me.

because it was addressed to me ?

Do you need to address them back though? Im fed up with these endless recursive arguments. You need to be the better man and walk away. But you just cant do it.

and fuckers like you harp on about me "not answering questions" ?

Fact is, I DO answer most questions in fact all the ones I see, but the problem is clueless people say I "haven't" because the reply doesn't suit them. People say I should have a lot of knowledge of the football club and [without beating my own trumpet] I think I have but while I know others have more, I say what my time supporting the club has shown me, tell the truth about the Halls and Shepherd, and people don't like it because it isn't what they want to hear.

This thread is a prime example.

Does anybody seriously think the building of that stadium ie the expansion was "bad business"? Does anybody seriously think the repayment structure was "bad business"? Does anybody seriously think we should have taken one of the 2 alternatives, which were 1. Don't expand at all or 2. Save the money up first [which is particularly ludicrous and laughable] yet there are idiots out there who don't even think of this, they just slate Fred for anything they can think of.

Do you think I like having to reply to idiots like this ? Up to a point, you can have a laugh, but this thread is absolutely ridiculous

I'm telling you now, I've replied to this idiot, but I bet you that he doesn't reply to my responses because it doesn't like the reply which isn't what he wants to hear.

The club is in decline. The seeds are sown, I've explained why many times.

No, you have a selective answering approach but that wasn't my point. And look, you've gone one off again.

My point was that we've heard it all before (x10000000) so why bother posting it again? Do you just have a Word document that you copy and paste from because I just cant comprehend the enjoyment you get from reiterating your points daily for the past 3 years.

Out of genuine curiosity, what are we currently paying per year on the mortgage?

Nowt, it's paid off, it was about £40 Million of the £70Mill debt we had. Interest payments were around £7 Million/year in total for everything at the time.

The mortgage was due to be paid off in full by 2013, how would have this happened under the old regime?

Regards

Mad jock

This is Fat Mike's 4th year here, so the previous 6 seasons were under Shepherd.

Let's say we do finish in the top 10 this season. That's 1 top ten finish (not even confirmed yet) in four seasons for Fat Mike and 4 top ten finishes out of 6 seasons for Shepherd.

You do the maths on that one and let me know if you really think that's a 'fact' in Fat Mike's favour or not.

:lol::razz:

I've got nothing to add in this thread, but I'd like to commend you on the correct English use of the word maths, and not that godawful American creation 'math' which is spreading across this great land of ours. Well done. Have a Kit Kat on me.

Mathematics, surely :death:

Do you need to address them back though? Im fed up with these endless recursive arguments. You need to be the better man and walk away. But you just cant do it.

Fact is, I DO answer most questions in fact all the ones I see, but the problem is clueless people say I "haven't" because the reply doesn't suit them. People say I should have a lot of knowledge of the football club and [without beating my own trumpet] I think I have but while I know others have more, I say what my time supporting the club has shown me, tell the truth about the Halls and Shepherd, and people don't like it because it isn't what they want to hear.

Does anybody seriously think the building of that stadium ie the expansion was "bad business"? Does anybody seriously think the repayment structure was "bad business"? Does anybody seriously think we should have taken one of the 2 alternatives, which were 1. Don't expand at all or 2. Save the money up first [which is particularly ludicrous and laughable] yet there are idiots out there who don't even think of this, they just slate Fred for anything they can think of.

Do you think I like having to reply to idiots like this ? Up to a point, you can have a laugh, but this thread is absolutely ridiculous

I'm telling you now, I've replied to this idiot, but I bet you that he doesn't reply to my responses because it doesn't like the reply which isn't what he wants to hear.

No, you have a selective answering approach but that wasn't my point. And look, you've gone one off again.

My point was that we've heard it all before (x10000000) so why bother posting it again? Do you just have a Word document that you copy and paste from because I just cant comprehend the enjoyment you get from reiterating your points daily for the past 3 years.

you can tell "mad Jock" to answer my questions now, as I've answered his, and I hope people may start to see the light and don't feel the need to ask me the same questions all the time, then accuse me of "not answering" in the way they would like to hear

Edited by LeazesMag

Regards

Mad jock

:lol: :lol:

Mathematics, surely :razz:

agree about the use of the word "math".

That ridiculous American handshake too, seems to be taking over......

you can tell "mad Jock" to answer my questions now, as I've answered his, and I hope people may start to see the light and don't feel the need to ask me the same questions all the time, then accuse me of "not answering" in the way they would like to hear

So basically you're a ShepHall evangelist then. :lol:

Leazes I am sure that this has been said before but I will have another go.

You are missing the point.

We are all agreed that Hall/Fletcher/Keegan up to 1997 was great. No problems.

When Shephrd took over it all went to shit. In 7 years it went from challenging ManU for top spot to appointing Graeme Souness and struggling to compete in the bottom half of the table. This was 7 years of bleeding the club dry, appointing new managers every other September when the previous idiot had already blown the transfer pot and buying useless trophy players rather than developing a squad.

So please don't talk about the John Hall and Keegan when supporting Shepherd. Or trips to the San Siroand the Nou Camp. The European nights were a heritage left to Shepherd and in a few short years he pissed it all up the wall.

Is that clear?

Regards

Mad jock

Fat Fred's Trophy Haul 0-0 Fat Mike's Trophy Haul

I see. So Bobby Robson and Keegan were failures ?

yes they won no trophies.

They gave me my most memorable moments watching NUFC but we won nowt. Losing that Premier League title hurt far more than the relegation last time. I am very pro KK but there is my answer.

At least I answered

When Shephrd took over it all went to shit. In 7 years it went from challenging ManU for top spot to appointing Graeme Souness and struggling to compete in the bottom half of the table. This was 7 years of bleeding the club dry, appointing new managers every other September when the previous idiot had already blown the transfer pot and buying useless trophy players rather than developing a squad.

So please don't talk about the John Hall and Keegan when supporting Shepherd. Or trips to the San Siroand the Nou Camp. The European nights were a heritage left to Shepherd and in a few short years he pissed it all up the wall.

Is that clear?

basically, no, you're talking bollocks.

The FACTS are that from 1992 until 2007 the club was owned by THE HALLS AND SHEPHERD . Nobody during all of that time, had sole control of the club. Keegan was approached by Hall Jnr, Fletcher and Shepherd without Hall Snr knowing about it, they forced him to sack Ardiles and appoint Keegan. This has been said dozens of times, quite why people like you insist Halls Snr gets all the credit when he knew nothing about it, is quite astonishing.

Nobody during that period ran the club, particularly appoint the most important employee within the club, or dictated the direction of a multi million pound business, single handedly when they had less than 30% of the shares. What do you find difficult to comprehend about this ? You and others like you are simply proving the point that you set out to blame Shepherd for anything you can think of. It's pathetic.

Note Holden McGroin - see what I mean ?

See the bit in bold - this is the sort of bollocks I mean. During the 7 years this fool is talking about, the club finished in the top 5 on 3 occasions, qualified for the Champions League twice and reached the 2nd stage, got to the quarter final of the UEFA Cup twice, reached an FA Cup Semi Final, and only 12 months before it was sold to Ashley, finished 7th in the league and qualified for europe again. And he criticises this :lol: and he criticises the "trophy players" who did it ? Do these idiots think we should have stuck with the likes of Shola Ameobi ? They have their wish, we are stuck with him now, he's our number 1 striker and they show no sign of signing anybody better. I hope they enjoy certain european football, as they clearly think we are better off and the current policy of selling our "trophy players" [biggest and most fuckin laughable phrase I've ever seen, no wonder people laugh at us when they see us criticising the signing of such players] and sticking with 2nd and 3rd rate replacements.

You just really couldn't believe such shite. It's mind boggling.

Edited by LeazesMag

Sorry Leazes it wasn't clear.

Prior to 1998, run by Fletcher on behalf of the shareholders - good.

1998 onwards run by Shepherd on behalf of the shareholders - shit.

Is that any better?

Regards

Mad jock

Fat Fred's Trophy Haul 0-0 Fat Mike's Trophy Haul

I see. So Bobby Robson and Keegan were failures ?

yes they won no trophies.

They gave me my most memorable moments watching NUFC but we won nowt. Losing that Premier League title hurt far more than the relegation last time. I am very pro KK but there is my answer.

At least I answered

I'm not going to argue with YOU about that, but none of these skunkers/NO crowd will answer, then say Mike Ashley's ownership is "better".

Put your tin hat on.

Sorry Leazes it wasn't clear.

Prior to 1998, run by Fletcher on behalf of the shareholders - good.

1998 onwards run by Shepherd on behalf of the shareholders - shit.

Is that any better?

bollocks. Basically.

You're fucking hilarious.

Isn't all those champions league and qualifications, european qualifications, top footballers, ground expansion, clear ?

If you think this is "shit", it just shows how stupid you are. "anybody but Fred" eh ? Its going great under someone else isn't it ?

Is that not clear yet ?

Is that clear?

Was generally great up to 2004. To be fair, even when it was shite we had Cup Finals.

So, Qwertyo isn't going to respond to those champions league years, european qualifications, top 5 league positions, semi Final of the FA Cup, ground expansion, and signing of top footballers instead of 2nd rate cheap shite off a far east sweat shop...he thinks it was all "shite"

Clown.

TBF from the perspective of NUFC fans, those years were fantastic. However if you want to be considered a top club and count Man U as our rivals as you've suggested then you have to admit by their standards and 3 or 4 other clubs, they can be dismissed as a failure in absolute terms. Obviously relative to the previous decades they weren't.

When Man U sing about Shearer turning them down and winning fuck all they are being cunts but at the same time they're right.

TBF from the perspective of NUFC fans, those years were fantastic. However if you want to be considered a top club and count Man U as our rivals as you've suggested then you have to admit by their standards and 3 or 4 other clubs, they can be dismissed as a failure in absolute terms. Obviously relative to the previous decades they weren't.

When Man U sing about Shearer turning them down and winning fuck all they are being cunts but at the same time they're right.

you're applying different standards and expectations to the Halls and Shepherd than Ashley then ?

Precisely my point. Would Shearer leave for ManU now ? Probably.

I'm not really surprised, as you actually asked what they had done for the long term future of the club.....astonishing.

So, Qwertyo isn't going to respond to those champions league years, european qualifications, top 5 league positions, semi Final of the FA Cup, ground expansion, and signing of top footballers instead of 2nd rate cheap shite off a far east sweat shop...he thinks it was all "shite"

Clown.

I have tried to explain it to you twice and failed. That is my lot.

Perhaps there is someone on the board who works with children with special needs that could explain it better to you?

you're applying different standards and expectations to the Halls and Shepherd than Ashley then ?

I'm not really surprised, as you actually asked what they had done for the long term future of the club.....astonishing.

Nothing to do with Ashley whatsoever and I wish you'd realise we can discuss the previous period in isolation.

My point is that if we did join the elite in that period which is a view I'm inclined to support, by their standards winning no trophies makes us failures.

By the standards of plucky outsiders we succeeded.

Both views are valid imo.

Nothing to do with Ashley whatsoever and I wish you'd realise we can discuss the previous period in isolation.

My point is that if we did join the elite in that period which is a view I'm inclined to support, by their standards winning no trophies makes us failures.

I DO discuss previous periods and the current one in isolation. I criticise Ashley, deservedly and justly as he has taken the club into decline, and I don't have to mention the last owners, but somebody else does.

People are entitled to their views, but I don't understand how anybody can say Keegan "failed", they sound like Ken fuckin Bates when they come out with tripe like that.

Clown.

I have tried to explain it to you twice and failed. That is my lot.

Perhaps there is someone on the board who works with children with special needs that could explain it better to you?

perhaps this board isn't full of dopes like skunkers and NO. I'm pleased that you think all those champions league runs, european qualifications, ground expansion, top footballers and cup runs in europe and domestically were "shit".

Then you presumably think the last four years under Ashley, and relegation, were all "better". Perhaps it's you that needs help, even in tellytubbie world they would realise what they did was pretty decent.

I DO discuss previous periods and the current one in isolation. I criticise Ashley, deservedly and justly as he has taken the club into decline, and I don't have to mention the last owners, but somebody else does.

People are entitled to their views, but I don't understand how anybody can say Keegan "failed", they sound like Ken fuckin Bates when they come out with tripe like that.

If you asked a Man Utd or Chelsea fan in 2007 whether Newcastle had been successful since promotion what would their pefectly valid answer from their viewpoint been?

Again no comaprison to Ashley asked for or required.